Me

I've never considered myself to fall within the realm of 'ugly.' That word to me was always so harsh, too raw, too real. Those times where my life-long problem with eczema caused break outs across my face that would crack and bleed, the years I endured with less than straight eyes and an extremely low self-confidence where I couldn't look strangers in the eyes, the time I gained 15 extra pounds in college after fracturing my back only to have to embarrass myself by wearing a revealing leotard around all my other in-shape teammates, well unattractive is a better way to describe those days. Unattractive and ashamed that I couldn't be a better version of myself even if I felt like it was the outside of me that was the problem.

A huge thank you to the ever-so-talented, sweet and lovely Beth Kaye for letting me unleash my inner model yesterday. Despite my descent into a hellish ordeal with bronchitis and a bit of a shyness in front of the camera she managed to make me feel 112% more gorg than Heidi Klum on a good day. Imperfections and all. My slightly crooked nose, my hairs inability to part the way I want it to, my thin upper lip, that terrible scar on my shoulder from my surgery, the endless nights of pasta dinners that have decided to congregate around my belly button in a less than flattering way; all of these things make me, me. And I finally feel beautiful. 

61 Lovely Comments:

BushBelles said...

I think you look gorg

Simone said...

BEAUTIFUL - absolutely...and HOT too, can I say that???!! LOL!!!

You are gorgeous Rhi, TOTALLY!

xxxx

Leslie said...

very lovely!

Lindsay said...

Va va VOOM! Girlfriend you look stunning!!

April a.k.a. "A. Liz" said...

YOWZA! You go on with your bad self.

We're our own worst critics ... and almost 100% of the time those criticisms are based on naught.

Delight in the fact that you are LOVELY inside and out!

Jennifer Rose said...

you look great!

The Bonjour Four said...

you look amazing!!! love the picture of you.

Im having a christmas family traditions blog party.. come on over and check it out when you have some time. would love for to join in if you can!

♥peachkins♥ said...

you are so gorgeous Rhi!I wouldn't even think endless pasta nights...

Liesl @ FabulousFashions4SensibleStyle said...

My goodness you are STUNNING!!! What a great picture, and I think you found your inner model quite well!

Liesl :)

Sole Matters said...

you look amazing!!

Amanda* said...

Fabulous! WOW!

Caroline said...

You are a BABE!!!!! GORGEOUS!!!!! Hugs to you my BFF!!! XO

Liz said...

um GORGEOUS!!!!! You look stunning! Really digging the eye make up. Beautiful!

Micaela said...

HEY GORGEOUS INDEED!!!!

Free Pretty Things For You said...

Heeeellllooo Gorgeous!!!

sarah, flourish design + style said...

You are stunning. Beautiful + stunning! Don't forget it either :) xo

Meg said...

I have such a Gorgeous bf!!! ;) love this pic of you!!! xox

Francis Family said...

STUNNING!!! Your husband is one lucky guy! ;)
Did you get a bunch done? If so you should make it into a calendar like Kim Kardashian for your hubby ;)
How the heck are you anyways, I feel like it's been forever since i've been here!
let's catch up!

Christina @ Fashion's Most Wanted said...

Stunning! xx

Simone - honeyandfizz said...

You look beautiful xx

Sarah said...

I think you always look beautiful, because you are. This is a great picture, but so are all of your others, I have to say.

Diana Smith said...

WOW gorgeous picture of you!

Kerry said...

Rhiannon, you look incredible in this shot... but i've always thought you were beautiful in all of the photos you've shared of yourself! :)

DiamondsandTulle said...

You are gorgeous Rihannon! And I know how it can feel to feel like a bit of a late bloomer. I've been a life-long sufferer of eczema (among many other ways I can relate). But truly - you are stunning and beautiful inside and out!

xx Vivian @ http://diamondsandtulle.blogspot.com

Marcie said...

Stunning! I just love this so much. You should have all the confidence in the world. :)

M

Lori said...

Well can I just say ~ Hello Gorgeous!! You are stunning. xo

Lindsay said...

GORGEOUS! Love this post! I was the same way as a kid. Must be an akward stage :)

jessica lynn said...

you are killing me with this post! listen to you listing out all of your TINY imperfections (the hair part!?!) when you are SO BEAUTIFUL IN EVERY PICTURE THAT I'VE SEEN OF YOU ON THIS BLOG!!! I'm sorry, but the CAPS were necessary. But I know what you're going to say...most people only showcase the best pictures of themselves on their blogs. Fair enough - guilty! However, you are cute as a button and as sweet as can be. I hope that you look at this picture everyday (good hair days and bad) and know that you are beautiful inside and out!!! That was very sappy, I know, but I meant it!! Merry Christmas!

Kristen said...

my goodness, i see no imperfections here!! you look gorgeous, gorgeous! :)

Karena said...

You are gorgeous and always have been. I remember being Soooo self conscience when I was a girl.

Come and enter my Giveaway from My Sparrow, you will love it!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Natalie said...

Aah I can't believe how many similarities we have in our wedding/long distance marriage! I'm so glad you and your husb will finally be able to live together in just a week.

And YES, I love that font on our headers-- we used it for our invitations, it's so elegant!

You look stunning in this picture! Looking forward to following your adorable blog.

Nicole Marie said...

so so so pretty!!!

Sara Bentley @ Purses Pastries Etc... said...

You're not just beautiful... you're gorgeous! :)

LouBoo said...

Hello sweet - I echo what every one else says - WOW! You look amazing. I know what you mean though; every now and then we see a photo of ourselves that looks GOOD!! And why not share it - for me it's a rare occasion - some people are just not photogenic. But you Rhi _ I suspect you really, really are! I love this shot - your new hub must be counting his blessings! Lou xx

Leah said...

I'm glad you finally realize how beautiful you are! This is a lovely picture!

xo L
www.littleredpurse.blogspot.com

Alisha said...

LOVE this picture! You are beautiful inside and out :)

Natasha said...

you look incredible sweetie... and yes, we all have those things we love to hate about ourselves--totally hear you on that. but i think you're gorgeous!! ;)

Sarah said...

Rhi! You look FABULOUS! so pretty :)

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ChinkyGirLMeL said...

all i can say is "HEY GORGEOUS"!

Bri said...

ABSOLUTELY STUNNING PHOTOGRAPH! I love your eye make-up! =)

lifesmirrorimages said...

You SHOULD feel beautiful!! You are!

Mariel Torres said...

i think you are absolutely stunning darling.

{av} said...

ummm...hello BOMBSHELL! You look absolutely stunning. I love the honesty of this post--and it's nice to know just how much I can relate to you. Hope you have a wonderful day and are starting to feel better. You are gorgeous inside and out. xoxo {av}

clearlytangled said...

i think you always look beautiful in all your photos! but this is, especially, is exceptionally gorg!! show us more? pretty please?

Rhianna said...

We are always our worse critic. You look absolutely gorgeous!

meig said...

Lady you are gorgeous! (and so is your blog by the way- I'm so glad I stumbled upon it!)

christine, just bella said...

Stunning.

Bursting at the Seam said...

Oh my Goodness! You look gorgeou!! You are such an inspiration to me, especially this post! You Go Girl!!

Jesse {GoodGirlGoneGlad} said...

Girl YOU are gorgeous inside and out! I hope you have the Merriest Christmas!
Hugs friend!

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

STUNNING AND, I HAVE THAT RING!

Michaela said...

You are stunning, my friend! I can't wait to see the rest of the pictures (: I'm glad it went well and you loved every second of it! Your ring is adorable, too! xo

Char said...

You are absolutely gorgeous. I love it!

Ashley said...

OH MY GOSH. You are a stone cold FOX. Do you hear me? I love that photo. So sassy, yet understated. I bet Apb is more than pleased with your inner model coming out.

Fox Lady!!!

...on the brink of something beautiful said...

beautiful photo~ love it!
-kellie

Jacklyn said...

This is beautiful! You are beautiful! How fun to do that!

Irene said...

whatttt!!!!!!!!! no way, you look stuuuuuning. i can't believe people like you - beautiful and attractive - THINK THAT WAY!...I mean, the way most people do.
I NEVER EVER thought you any less than VERY PRETTY.
It's so odd to read your opinion! Because I don't see any of that - All I see is a BEAAAAUUUUUTIFUL woman.

Jennifer said...

HOLY MACERAL mama, you are a looker!!! What a fabulous photograph and beautiful model. You look amazeballs :)

ASHLEY said...

you are so gorgeous!!!! I mean stunning!!!

Wendy said...

Hey beautiful.... yep, I'm talking to YOU! You look absolutely GORGEOUS!!!

K.Stew said...

Hey GORGEOUS!
lady, you are stunning, always have been, always will be.
Inside and out.