A Little Brownie Pick-Me-Up

Now you would think in my house that naturally everyone loves my baking. It's like a 24-7 bakery over here on Silvana Crescent right? Think again. Wrong. My family is actually in fact, SICK of it. Sick of the cupcakes, the cookies, the cakes, the frosting (oh don't get me started on the hatred towards buttercream!) I sometimes get fearful of pulling out my icing sugar and mixer because it sends them all running.



With that being said, when my mom asked me the other night if I could make her some brownies I was floored. I was being ASKED to make something. Boy was I excited. Now this was at 8:30 at night so from-scratch brownies weren't in the works but a boxed mix from the cupboard seemed to be calling my name. And from there, voila!


Brownie Hearts

A heart-shaped cookie cutter is the secret to making these adorable little treats. I baked the brownies in a 9 inch silver cake pan for about 30 minutes and the results were PERFECT. A soft center with the perfectly hard outside shell. I cut out a whole bunch and eventually mom gave in, dad came and had some and Josh woke from his teenage slumber to see what the commotion was about too. And they say they hate my baking...

22 Lovely Comments:

theUngourmet said...

Now that is darling! I love the fresh berries with it.

I also love the photos, especially the pink ones!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

I love the glass slipper cookie cutter!!!!

Kristina said...

I saw you on SITS. Love your pictures! The brownies look delicious. I could use these cookie cutters (see my Tis the season post). My favorite cutters are the folkart heart & the glass slipper.

jennifer@SensationalWeddings said...

Aw man, now I want brownies! With berries! Hmph.

Unknown said...

Rhi! I love the new design - so sassy and fun, just like you! :)

Anyway, my favorite cookie cutter is the princess one from Sweet Cuppin Cupcakes...because my name means princess and I'd love to make princess cookies!

Donna-FFW said...

Glass slipper all the way!

The brownies look so adorable, and I bet they were wonderful with the fresh berries and fresh cream!

Unknown said...

Now that a brownie! I love the jar and cookie cutters.

Anonymous said...

of course my favorite cookie cutter is the squirrel cookie cutter from Sweet Cuppin cakes. Everyone knows my love for squirrels and I would just die if I had this cookie cutter. :)

ps. i like the updated look of the website so far!

*~kAy~* said...

Brownies are my favorite!!! They look so amazingly tasty! <3

I like Sweet Cuppin Cakes Bakery and Cupcakery Supplies' "Princess cookie cutter"! :) It's oh-so-adorable! :P

Adriana said...

Confectioner's Warehouse has a cupcake cookie cutter that would be perfect for the cupcake party I am planning. I also love their daisey set as there are million things you can do with different flower sizes.

AiringMyLaundry said...

Oh my gosh, yum. That looks heavenly.

Anonymous said...

love, love , LOVE the new design! your treats all look so delicious and GORGEOUS! color me jealous : )

Unknown said...

Just popping over from SITS! Your blog is adorable! I love to bake and wish that I had more time to do it. Happy Thursday!

koopermom said...

the Maimed Gingerbread men ones are great!!

Unknown said...

love the new site rhi!

My favorite cookie cutters are the bow wow mini set from Confectioner's Warehouse. I love dogs so those are the ones for me! Plus, the paw could also be a bruin paw :)

Kaycie said...

Hands down the Princess cutter! Love it! It would be awesome for my daughter's 2nd birthday in 2 months.

Love your idea with the brownies. Will definitely try that sometime! I LOVE chocolate and strawberries. One of my fave things to make is tuxedo strawberries. So fun!

The Blonde Duck said...

That's so sweet! I love the heart-shaped brownies with icing!

Cher said...

you are becoming one of my favorite people ever!! I love this post and LOVE those brownies. I will be doing a post about them and your blog on Friday! stop by and check it out then!

Cher said...

PS...love the new design! Looks perfect! I need a new one myself. I just don't know if I want to fork over the money when I'm not even making any money on the blog itself. Can I justify it? What do you think?! Who did you use and how much did it cost? You can email me with this info if you want

apparentlyjessy said...

YUM brownies, they look tastier in love heart shapes I swear! What I would like to know is, how did you take such good looking photos after 8.30 at night!!

Now as for this awesome competition, hmm I will have to pick the autumn leaf cutter, seeing as its autumn here I have them on the brain!

I am loving your new blog layout, looks very professional!
x

Heather said...

I linked here from Love, Actually, and this is a darling idea! My favorite cookie cutter is the Wedding Cake Cookie Cutter because I'm looking ahead to a bridal shower and think those would be perfect.

MamaJoss said...

OMG - Love you NEW design in here!! You NEED a MATCHING link/button....the other one was to hold you over LOL :) I'll get on that and then you can use either. Haven't walked down to our mailbox in about a week, so I'll have to check today...we're in a Townhouse community with a huge mailbox/storage unit that I never get to...ugh.

As for the brownies...you are AWESOME...what a treat...and love the cutters too...of course the Princess one.