Our Honeymoon, Part I


You guessed it :) My honeymoon surprise ended up being The Bahamas (oh that husband of mine did real good). Apb and I jetted off to Paradise Island following our big day for six days and five nights to get some much deserved rest and relaxation. And we had the absolute time of our lives. Never before in my life have I seen such a gorgeous beach like Cabbage Beach. The white sand, turquoise water contrasted perfectly with the blue sky and hot weather was a much needed slice of heaven.


The two days leading up to our wedding were complete chaos; Apb didn't get into Canada until the night before the wedding and I ran around like a mad woman trying to get lots of little itty bitty things done; I promise there will be more on that soon. Getting to the airport, just the two of us on Sunday morning was a breath of fresh air and truly the most exciting feeling that as husband and wife we were off on a vacation. There we are at Pearson Airport bound for Nassau, Bahamas.


How cool is that? My boyfriend-turned-fiance-turned-hubby gets to wear a ring :)


I loved these built in screens on the backs of the airplane seats. They gave a play-by-play tracking of where we were in the sky and how close we were getting to our destination. I was pretty excited at this point to peek out my window and see gorgeous blue water. I anxiously watched the altitude numbers drop. Funny thing about The Bahamas. Cab rides are almost identical in cost to limo rides. So with no hesitation in making our vacation extra special we hoped into Prince's ride (yes, our limo driver's name is Prince) and headed across Nassau on our way to Paradise Island. Prince was so sweet and made sure to stop along the way so I could shoot this...


Be still my heart, be still. I think Apb had to hold me back from jumping in right there off the rocks.


We stayed at the RIU Palace, Paradise Island and it was a fantastic place to stay. The little balconies, Spanish-inspired interiors and it's pink-hued exterior made me smile. How lovely. We were greeted with Bahama Mama drinks upon check-in and I have to say this was my favourite drink throughout the entire vacation. Props to whoever invented the ever-so-tasty grenadine.


Below is a photo of the view from our balcony in our first room. After a room upgrade and switch, we ended up in a bigger room, with a bigger balcony on the opposite side of the hotel overlooking the ocean rather than the pool and neighbor hotel. Like it really mattered; we spent most days basking in the sun! 
  

The hotel has four specialty restaurants which showcase completely different and very tasty menus. We tried a different establishment each night minus the first day we arrived where we ate at the dinner buffet. Living apart from Apb, I forgot how much fun it was to get ready together for a fancy dinner; I think I'll always cherish those afternoon where we spent hours making our way from the beach covered in salt water and sand to looking so pulled together and dressed up for dinner. Sometimes I feel like the two of us are the only two people in the world...


Here is Part II of our Honeymoon Adventures. Have a gorgeous week my lovelies xo

14 Lovely Comments:

Liesl said...

Oh my goodness what a fun, relaxing and beautiful honeymoon surprise! The pictures are absolutely stunning and your hubby's ring looks great! So glad you had a lovely time and I can't wait to see more...love it! Thanks so much for sharing and congratulations!!!

Liesl :)

jessica lynn said...

looks gorgeous and i am quuite jealous!

Lou said...

Well hello my sweet married lady! You just look soooo happy - of course - but really, it shines through in these photos! I am so delighted for you - goes without saying that I am keen to know every detail. The sun, the sea, the cocktails and the bit where you said about getting ready together for dinner - melted my heart. Lots of love to you both, Lou x

Caroline said...

These photos are great and so gorgeous!! Congrats to you guys!! And your question about the photos on my blog yup they are all mine :)!! I've been enjoying my macro lens!! XO

Katy said...

Beautiful photos, but even more beautiful is the smile on your lips and the love in your eyes.

She Wore It Well said...

a million congratulations! xo


She Wore It Well Blog

Lilacandgrey said...

great photos congrats!

Scientific Housewife said...

Congrats, I love the Bahamas and I hope you had a great time!

Nicole-Lynn said...

Yey I was right! haha! Beautiful pictures! Love them! How awesome you were able to get a room upgrade. Is that easy to do, you just ask when you arrive right? I hope we're able to do that for our honeymoon! :)

Looking forward to hearing more! :)

Blair McLeod said...

love that last picture and the one of your hubby's ring. so sweet!

Anonymous said...

Can I just say how pretty are you?! Looks like you guys had an amazing time!!!

Kat said...

Girl, you are just glowing! What a beautiful surprise and a perfect way to begin this next chapter of your lives together!

Nicole-Lynn said...

I already commented but must comment again.. so nice! Loved the pictures and it looked like ya'll had such a nice time!

jacin {lovely little details} said...

could you two be any cuter? seriously?