Domaine Carneros E-session by Gladys Jem Photography


I received this submission a few weeks ago and all at once became smitten with the girl behind the lens. Gladys is one of those people who immediately you feel like you know just from one look at her infectious smile. Her emails and correspondence ooze warmth and friendliness as if you've known her your whole life and can hardly wait until you meet her again. While Gladys and I have never actually met in real life (bummer, I know) I can't help but feel lucky to know her and be honoured to show off her fabulous work here on the blog. She recently did an e-session with Stacey and Jared, an adorable bride and groom to be, and the photos include everything I love about a memorable engagement session; yummy light, fabulous photography and good old fashioned, honest to goodness love. 


{Jared+Stacey's Love Story} Jared and I met through our mutual best friends. My college roommate and best friend married Jared's best friend. Both of us were in the wedding party, and even walked down the aisle together (our best friends will be doing that same walk together very soon!) When Jared gave the toast at the wedding reception, I knew that I wanted to get to know him. Little did we know that our best friends were scheming to get us together all along! After two months of long distance emails and phone calls, I came from LA to visit Jared in the Bay Area. He took me on our first date to wine country, which is our favourite place and the location of our engagement photos. We dated long distance for a big portion of our dating relationship. It was difficult at times, but it also gave us a good excuse to go on vacations to visit one another. Jared even made the trip to Nantucket to visit me during my summer internship. After a year of dating, I dedicated to make the move up to live near him and a few months later, he popped the question during a hike and picnic on Mt. Diablo. We will be getting married in August in the Bay Area. We're calling our wedding "The Summer BBQ Party" due to the colorful, casual, and fun theme. To return the favor, our best friends will serve as our Matron of Honor and Best Man!





What photo is your fave, guys? I have to say I love love love the image of them popping the cork out of the bottle of bubbly! For those of you who are wondering, Gladys is based out of San Francisco and caters to Bay Area brides and grooms. Don't forget to check out her blog here and her website here and Stacey and Jared, I cannot wait to see your wedding photos. I can only imagine how adorable they are going to be! Happy Monday everyone and sit tight for lots and lots of fabulous posts this week including a recap from this past Friday's wedding! A huge thank you to everyone for your sweet tweets on the weekend and never ending 'good lucks.' They meant the world to me! xo

24 Lovely Comments:

jacin {lovely little details} said...

i love gladys! i've done a shoot with her in the past and have another one coming up soon - she's just as sweet in real life! amazing images, of course!

Jidhu Jose said...

lovely and romantic

Shana said...

Love the photo in the yellow flowers! Beautiful :)

k said...

they are precious!!!!

Brooke T said...

This is super pretty!! Such wonderful photography :) and no way I wish I wasn't as tall as I am! ha It's so funny to find out things about people that you thought you already knew :)

Katherine said...

i love the pinky shot :) beautiful images!

April of Smidge Of This said...

Such pretty pictures (and a great looking couple!). My faves are the ones where they are drinking champagne together. They look so relaxed and happy! Our favorite engagement pics from our session were some where we had drinks in hand - it felt so natural and unstaged!

Gladys said...

Rhi! You're the best! Thank you so much for the kind words, and for featuring their session. I just loveee Stacey and Jared so much! I can't wait for their wedding either :) And yes, we need to meet soon! Thanks again lovely!

Liesl said...

I just love seeing other couple's pictures together...so cute! I love the popping the cork one too and the one near the end where he is kissing her cheek and she is smiling sitting down with the champagne...so natural, full of life and happy!

Liesl :)

Stacey Szumiak said...

Jared and I love Glady SO much and are honored to be featured on your lovely blog! :)

Ashley said...

hands down my favorite is the one of them sitting in the yellow flowers. definitely the best.

can't wait to read the recap of the wedding!

(and check your email ;) )

em said...

Yay! Gladys is my favorite, and I love this session too!

Kristen said...

great photos! My faves are all the ones where they're nestled up next to each other like they're in their own love world or sharing a secret, so sweet!

You commented about where you could see my e-pics and here's the site, you have to scroll down a bit to Kristen & Matt, but they're all their for your viewing pleasure!

http://www.nickradford.smugmug.com/people.matt-kristen

Kelley @ Kelley Maria said...

Oh! I've been to Domaine Carneros and it is such a beautiful winery! Perfect for an e-session! Love the lighting in these photos.

Unknown said...

It's hard to pick a favorite but I adore the photo of them sitting among the yellow flowers. So sweet!

Nikki said...

Beautiful. I laughed out loud at the champagne one. Love the looks on their faces!

Tash said...

Lovely photography, I especially love the first image, the lighting is dreamy and I can almost feel the love.
Natasha xo

A Crimson Kiss said...

Such perfect photos, especially the bubbly popping shot! You're right, Gladys' work is just gorgeous!

And thank you for your sweet words this morning; they made me feel so much better about something I was anxious to say! As for your wedding, it really was a unique, perfect event!

ASHLEY said...

Hi RHI! Happy Monday! Stopping by to say hello!! Loving the photos! XOXO

Megan said...

Oh my gosh, LOVE these. I think I say this every time you post, but for real, LOVE them!! My favorite is the one with them sitting and the huge tree. WOW!

Alisha said...

These pictures are beautiful. Gladys really has an eye for the perfect moment. Thanks for all the wonderful inspiration. Her photography is really great!

My fave is the two of them sitting in the field, she in his lap, and his hand in her hair. Perfect picture of pure love! :)

Great feature, Rhi!!

Jess said...

Sooo sweet! That champagne photo is the best!

Michaela said...

What a beautiful engagement session! And so fun, too! Darling skirt the bride to be is wearing (: Great feature gf!

Michelle @ Ten June said...

The light in these is amazing. They look so happy and in love!! The perfect equation for an engagement session :)