Sunny Palo Alto E-Session by Gem Photo


Ah. Sweet sweet yummy light. You all know how much I love dreamy light and lucky for me (and you!) there's plenty enough of it throughout this engagement session to make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. The best part is not only do you get to scroll through tons of beautiful images from the sweet Emily Scott of Gem Photo, but I've included some sweet tidbits from the uber adorable bride-to-be Lane herself. Here she's dishing on everything from her and Josh's Love Story to their e-session and of course their upcoming wedding, which if these photos are any indication, will be absolutely amazing. P.S. Em also made a video from the engagement session that you can watch to your heart's content here. I know right? How awesome is she? Be prepared for some serious adorable-ness. 


{Josh+Lane's Love Story} We met through a mutual friend on a spur-of-the-moment camping trip. We had seen each other a couple times before, but didn't have the opportunity to meet. So, when we finally did meet camping, he introduced himself and after a couple hours of sweet flirting, he asked me out. He wrote my number on a napkin which he still has today :) After the first date, I knew he was special and after the first couple weeks, we both knew we wanted to spend our lives together. As close to "love at first sight" as you can get! We have been inseparable ever since! He proposed on New Years Eve, 2010 in the snow at our favourite vista point in Bear Valley, California. It was absolutely perfect and took my breath away (literally, I stopped breathing for a minute). I had been waiting for this since we met and we are both so excited to start our lives as husband and wife.


{Our Engagement Shoot} Was stinkin' awesome. We wanted these photos to capture our intense love and commitment to one another, but also reveal our silly, sweet sides. Emily did an amazing job of making this happen. We picked an outdoor location because we love the outdoor beauty. Josh is more casual and I'm a typical girl and love to get all dressed up, so we brought two outfits to reflect this. I LOVED the idea of using a sign for our Save the Dates and we both have a crafty side, so we made the sign to use in our photos. Josh would wear cowboy boots everyday if he could, so he wore those and I had to throw on some heels of course! There are many nights when Josh sits and plays his guitar while I hang out and do homework or just listen. I really appreciate this talent and his love of music, so I thought the guitar would be the perfect prop. We are thrilled with how the photos turned out! 


{Our Wedding} We're getting married on September 18, 2011 in Albion, California at the Albion River Inn, overlooking the ocean. We are planning a smaller wedding with family and close friends. We picked this particular venue because we love the area and the inn. It has the perfect combination of our two loves, the ocean and the mountains. We want our day to be intimate, memorable and fun. Not formal, more casual I'd say. Our vision is a classic, romantic wedding with a red, black and white colour theme. I have always envisioned these colours for my wedding day, so there will be roses, little black dresses for my girls, red shoes and red and black cupcakes. Dancing is a must too. Oh! And my dress of course. It's an Allure dress in Diamond white. I think it's the perfect combination of elegant and sexy. Everything I pictured.


Thank you Lane for sharing such sweet little pieces of your relationship with Josh and thanks to you too Emily for your beautiful work! Tell me friends what photo from the session is your fave? I have to say I love the first photo at the top and the beautiful shots in the field of yellow wildflowers. I am so ecstatic  spring is finally here! Happy Thursday everyone :)

21 Lovely Comments:

k said...

awwww - those are so so beautiful!! what a sweet couple!

Tash said...

Absolutely beautiful! I can feel the love in these photos!
Natasha xo

Unknown said...

So beautiful! I am in the process of planning our engagement shoot and I love seeing how these have turned out! So great and creative! Love the idea to use a sign with a date on it.

Jidhu Jose said...

Romantic

HiLLjO said...

These are treasures!!! Emily is AMAZENUTS! I entered one of her giveaways and sadly didn't win... these two are so lucky!

charminglychesney said...

these pictures are pretty and give me a sense of calm :)

Lisa said...

What a beautiful couple!! They look SO in love :)I hope you feature their wedding in a few months too, it sounds like it's going to be gorgeous!
Lisa

Shana said...

So romantic and lovely! It makes me want to have a spring enagagment photo session! Is it wrong to have two?

ASHLEY said...

gorgeous photos and lovely couple!!!

Kate/MagnoliaRouge said...

Aaahhh that field... so pretty!!

Unknown said...

oh wow i love that picture in the field of yellow flowers. amazing.

thanks for sharing!

Michaela said...

I loved this session Emily did! The lighting is perfection and the bride to be is stunning! Her smile is so beautiful. Rhi, I love that you included some of their story...adorable.
XO

Mallory said...

Oh my, Emily did a beautiful job!

Megan said...

I'm so glad that you included their story! I love pictures of couples, but even more I love reading how they met and fell in love! I love outdoor engagement pictures, especially in the sun.

Emily said...

ah!! these guys are the best, thanks so much Rhi. I absolutely love your blog and so excited to see these guys on it!

thanks so much for your sweet comments everyone... my heart is so full and happy!!

xoxo.

Anonymous said...

I'm honored to be a part of this fabulous blog! Thank you for all the sweet comments, everyone!

Nikki said...

I need a field of flowers to take photos in!

Alyssa said...

So adorable! I absolutely love the pictures :)
<3Alyssa

Carolyn N said...

The photos with the guitar and the yellow flowers.... Love them!

Ashley said...

i love the shots in the tall grasses, especially with the guitar. it almost has a southern feel. good choice rhi!

Nicole-Lynn said...

Gorgeous! Love that they used an acoustic guitar in their pics! We did too and we're so glad we did.. made for some cute pics!