DIY Pink and White Dessert Table Inspiration


Happy Tuesday everyone; I have something a little bit different for you and your tastebuds tonight so brace yourselves because this feature is all too scrumptious for words. I've been a huge fan of Hungry Girl Por Vida's Flickr stream for the longest time eva so imagine my surprise when I found out the girl behind the lens is the beautiful bride from this stunner of a wedding and is the blogger behind this cutey patootey blog. Turns out Cindy is even sweeter than everything she creates too because true story, she sent me an email wondering if I'd be interested in featuring a custom created sweets table whipped up, styled and photographer by her and I uhm, took about two seconds to respond back with my answer. All I asked is that the desserts by pink. And white. And pretty. And oh em gee. A strawberries and cream themed shower set up anyone? Cindy, I majorly heart you. Come visit me so we can be friends please.



{DIY Strawberries and Cream Dessert Table Menu} Strawberry Milk Panna Cotta with Strawberry Syrup, Vanilla Cake with Strawberry Filling and Whipped Strawberry Buttercream, Pavlovas with Whipped Cream and Fresh Berries. All of these desserts can be made in the days ahead of the shower. Just keep the panna cottas covered well with a plastic wrap, in the refrigerator until ready to serve. The cake can be baked well ahead of time (it will keep for a month well wrapped in the freezer), before filling and frosting. You can fill and frost the cake the day before and store in the refrigerator, just be sure to remove it at least 30 minutes before serving to bring to room temperature. The meringue for the pavlovas can be baked a few days before, and can be stored and cooled completely in an airtight container. You can also whip the cream and macerate the berries the day before and assemble just before serving.

For all of the incredibly mouthwatering recipes and instructions head over to Cindy's Hungry Girl Por Vida blog

25 Lovely Comments:

Brenda's Wedding Blog said...

OMG - this is beyond gorgeous. I'm totally in love with this dessert table display and the lighting is amazing - makes the desserts look dreamy. Now, I really want a slice of the strawberry and cream cake.

Brooke T said...

are you serious right now? I need to do this!!

jessica // union shore said...

OMG is right!! i need a slice of that cake. right now!!!

gorgeous photos! off to check out her blog!!

cindy* said...

omg...can I just say how fun it is to see my photos on someone elses blog?! amazing, Rhiannon you are the doll! xoxo!

A Crimson Kiss said...

This table is absolutely irresistible, and Cindy looks like my kind of girl!

Victoria said...

yum yum! gorgeously sweet. :)

Oh, My Darling said...

I can only imagine the patience it took to ice that cake.

Katherine said...

Wow, so delicious...love the pink and white and I LOVE dessert tables...I am having so much fun planning out ours for our wedding. Thanks for sharing :)

www.featherfactor.com

Anonymous said...

What delicious looking sweet delights...just what I needed to see today :)

Sue said...

Stunning! I LOVE the cake!

Laura said...

Delish and beautiful!!! I love the colors

Erin Walsh Design said...

Beautiful and looks so yummy!!

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness. Someone copy this exactly for your wedding and please please please invite me :)
What a sweet way to start the day!
Lisa

Natasha said...

oh this has me craving a yummy sweet like strawberry cake...gorgeous post my friend!

postcards and pretties said...

Wow that table is too pretty to eat!! loving the pavlova w/ berries YUM!

ASHLEY said...

yummy and beautiful!

Kelley @ Kelley Maria said...

So much prettiness and yumminess in one spot! That cake and those flowers...dreamy!

Erin said...

so pretty & so yummy!

Tash said...

Goodness this looks so yum!! Gorgeous photos!

Caroline said...

This looks all together whimsical and so tasty!!!! Sending you much love sweet friend! xo

{The Perfect Palette} said...

Oh-em-gee is right. This looks, well, scrumptious!! These desserts had me at hello. And those textures! Wow, it feels like I'm right there in the room. I can almost smell their tastiness. Love this shoot. xoxo, chrissy.

Alisha said...

I am in love. No, seriously. This is beautiful photography and deliciousness all wrapped up in cute little package. Love, just love.

Ashley said...

this is my kind of dessert table. the less chocolate the better...for me :-) i could eat all of this and feel completely guilt free.

Katherine said...

YUM!

I BLEED PINK said...

Delicious and Amazing. I love the way she fancied up the panna cotta!