Friday Wrap Up


Oh jesh I tried so very hard not to make any reference to the Royal Wedding in this post but whose kidding who; a little piece of history unfolded today and I am proud to say I was able to watch it all in the wee hours of 3:00 am. Was I the only chick who felt like she too was getting married today thanks to my inability to fall asleep last night? I will never forget the image engraved in my mind of Kate climbing into the car with her father, millions of eyes watching her with bated breath. I'll never forget how sweet it was to watch her hold back her giggles and smiles during the ceremony as her and William stole glances from one another. And I can confidently say that her custom made Sarah Burton gown which fit perfectly with her modern but timeless look will inspire thousands of brides-to-be over the next few years. Kate you are the epitome of regalness, of glamour, of what it means to be a lady. And millions adore you.

In other news, I've been doing a little soul searching on the blogging front. A few changes will be coming to Hey Gorg and I hope you'll be excited to welcome them along with me. My girl cave is coming along nicely thanks to a few new vintage purchases (I can't wait to share them with you) and Apb and I are headed out this weekend to go shopping for some new pieces for our apartment. All in all life is pretty good. A little crazy, a little unpredictable but hey that's how it goes. As usual, here's what went down this week over here in case you missed any of the fabulousness that ensued. Above photo from Vogue by Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images.    

{Monday} Brought this dream-like Spanish-inspired destination wedding from Miami.
{My Clients} Are so sweet and so in love. And I can not wait for their wedding day!
{Tuesday} I get to work with this photographer next month. And I feel so lucky for it.
{Pep-Talk} A little tried and tested skin care to look your bridal best on your big day.
{The Biz} I started decorating my new office space. Come check out the progress :)
{Wednesday} Warning: Prettiness overload in this pink South Africa dream wedding.
{Thusday} This playful vintage carnival wedding puts the DIY in DIY. For real-sies.
{Friday} No FAQ. Sorry folks, I was "attending" a wedding. So come be my friend.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Lovely Links Around the Web

{Stunning} Is all that came to mind when I first laid eyes on this modern baby shower.
{Custom} Bowties. In the most fabulous of prints and colours. Need I say any more?
{Wall Art} This will be gracing my office wall regardless of having no meaning at all.
{Live Here} In this rainbow-inspired home from London. Secret hidden slide? So rad.
{Register} Here brides-to-be. I'm still trying to find an excuse to create a new registry.
{Paper} The holy grail of wall paper. With unfortunately quite the hefty price tag too.

What was your fave part of the Royal Wedding? I'd love to know!

21 Lovely Comments:

Liesl said...

You said everything just perfectly, Rhiannon!!! I agree completely, she was so elegant, sophisticated and such a lady! I also was up early at 3:30AM to start watching at 4AM NYC time and I couldn't sleep and then I was nervous in the morning...perhaps a dress rehearsal for my wedding next year! ;) Lovely photo you chose to use for this post too!

Liesl :)

Claire Gallam said...

I LOVE THAT PHOTO. Omg, I haven't seen that one! Stunning. You captured everything perfectly with the wedding, you just summed it up perfect.

I can't wait to see these big changes in your life!

Alisha said...

Love this line "Kate you are the epitome of regalness, of glamour, of what it means to be a lady." Her dress is timeless and classic.

Love you, Rhi!
xoxo

Jenna Lee said...

That pic is to die for! How absolutely perfect they both look

http://jennaleelac.blogspot.com/

Lou said...

Hi Rhi - awww I am so glad you liked it...it felt kinda like Britain was on show and I think Kate just completely got it right! The dress - I am bewitched with that dress - can not think of a more fitting look for her. The whole day has been awesome - really touching and fantastic for this little country of mine. What a show! The whole thing was just wonderful. OK gonna stop gushing now..Lou x

Lisa said...

I told myself I wasn't going to watch the royal wedding until I was home with a TV...yeah that didn't happen! I admit, I teared up when she stepped out of the car, it was like watching a Disney princess movie! And they were so precious at the altar...did you see Prince Harry say to Prince William, "Wait till you see her" when Kate was walking down the aisle? Awww :)
Have a great weekend!
Lisa

Brooke T said...

I tried so hard not to watch the wedding. I didn't see it until I woke up but it got me to tear up and it was just so beautiful. I understand what all the hype was about now ha she's gorgeous!

jessica // union shore said...

i was up watching too! i got all teary-eyed and choked-up! haha

so fabulous and elegant!! definitely a fairy-tale!!!

Caitlin said...

The wedding was simply beautiful. And I'm so glad you were up watching it, no one else that I follow on twitter was! I really had chills the entire time, everything about the wedding was just perfect.

postcards and pretties said...

she looked lovely and you're right her dress is going to inspire tons of brides to be.

Nicole said...

Everything about it screamed perfection. And please, let's talk about Pippa! She was almost as gorg as the bride!

Unknown said...

That photo is breathtaking - ahhh

MEGAN LAND
xx

Nikki said...

I haven't gotten to watch yet, but the photos I've seen, and the balcony kiss have stolen my breath. She is gorgeous! What a lucky couple!

christine donee said...

confession: I didn't watch it.

But boy am I drooling over all these photos! Her dress = ah. ma. zing.

Anonymous said...

I too watched the Royal Wedding from my chemo chair at the hospital today. I had no choice, it was flooding through on every channel. It was such an experience of beauty and happiness. No updates on local murders, injustices or countries in chaos and uprise...truly a fairy tale of love and joy unfolding before us. I thought of John Lennons famous song, Imagine, how fitting a song for a perfect event unfolding with over 2 billion worlwide tuning in.My favorite movie of all time, Moulan Rouge's main character simply said it best, I will love you until my dying day, and that is what Wills and Kate's eyes both said. "The greatest thing you'll ever learn is to love and be loved". I couldn't help but feel a bursting love in my heart of a time not long ago of another bride who simply took my breath away.To that dove, I love you and you are my Kate.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I still can't get over Pippa's dress. So freaking gorgeous!

kellyhicks said...

i can't get over the fact that she woke up on her wedding day about to become a real princess. dreams do come true!

Michaela said...

What an amazing comment your mama left. I loved Kate's dress. It was stunning, fitted, and classic. Amazing. Her sister's is just as beautiful!

her said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
k said...

your mom made me have tears in my eyes. so proud to have you as a bff, i'm sure she is equally as amazing =)

i adored the wedding, kate is a vision, for real - and i'm not a mushy person but there i was curled up with dog on the couch living a fairytale vicariously through kate =) (my fave pic is on my blog today, haha!)

A Crimson Kiss said...

I tried to pretend it wasn't happening, too, but it was just too gorgeous! I'm delighted that girls for decades will be inspired by such a timeless bride and a gorgeous gown!