Vintage Farm Inspired E-Session by Kay English Photography


I can't even begin to tell you how happy this engagement session makes me. Sort of like a little kid on Christmas morning happy. Or like you just ate a whole bag of Cadbury mini eggs in five minutes happy (not that I just totally did that or anything) but the point is this session is essentially exactly the type of content I hope Hey Gorg becomes known for. It's timeless, subtlety detailed and styled just right, and the lighting! Gah! Don't even get me started on the fabulously soft and romantic lighting in these photos. Kay you are brilliant and incredibly talented. And Kristen and Darryl you guys are seriously good looking. Would it be weird if I admitted I wanted to jump into some of these photos with you? Preferably the ones with the lambs please and thank you. I am officially in love with this session.


{Kristen and Darryl's Love Story} Darryl and I met three and a half years ago. I was back in NJ after eight years of singing on cruise ships and in Vegas. Darryl had just finished his Master in Microbiology. I was looking to create new friendships in the area. I met Margaux while doing The Rocky Horror Picture Show. Margaux and Darryl have been friends for years. Margaux played matchmaker and introduced us at her annual Halloween party. We spent the whole night talking. Numbers were exchanged, and Darryl called me the next day to set up a first date. I haven't had the urge to leave NJ except for awesome adventures with my Moose (Darryl's nickname). 

{Our Engagement Session} Darryl and I booked Kay within a few weeks of being engaged. We had seen her website, loved her ideas and how she brings out the beauty in everyone. Kay came to us with the idea of doing a vintage shoot. It was totally up our alley. We love costume parties so it wasn't hard to convince Darryl! I grew up going to the farm at Holmdel Park where the shoot took place so it had a special place in my heart. Kay was great too. She charmed the staff at the farm and we were allowed in the animal's pens. Event after the chickens were locked up at night, Kay inspired the staff to allow us to hold a chicken for a few of the shots. My favourite moment was when we were in the sheep's pen and a little lamby came by to watch us cuddling. We got such a laugh out of it! It was definitely worth sinking in manure in high heels for those shots! They have given us such joy. Thank you, Kay and Longstreet Farm!

{Our Wedding} We are getting married in October of this year. We will be having a fall themed wedding in Red Bank, New Jersey. There are a few moments I am really looking forward to. We have some amazingly talented friends. I can't wait to hear my bridesmaids and bridesmen serenade us. Our friend Crystal will be singing aria for us. At the reception, I hope to see our ballroom friends dancing at their best. But most of all, I am looking forward to making Darryl my husband!

Check out Kay English Photography for the rest of the photos from the session. Happy Thursday, guys!

22 Lovely Comments:

Keri said...

YAYYY thank you for posting this!!!! A photographer I can use!! So excited she works in my area!!! I am definitely going to have to look into her!

Kristen and Darryl~ My fiance and I almost booked Oyster Point in Redbank (I don't know if that is where you are getting married but I know its in Redbank!)

Megan said...

oh goodness me, they are holding a chicken. just when i thought it couldnt get any more amazing.

Piril Maria said...

This is so pretty! Get inspiration from your photos. =)



Love ♥
http://thebookness.blogspot.com

Soulful Mama said...

Such dreamy lighting!
I'm a sucker for vintage books & skeleton keys :-)

~ Clare x

Kristen said...

Rhi, we feel so honored to be showcased on your site! Thanks so much! I love all the gems of knowledge you share on this site! @Keri, we are getting married at the United Methodist Church in RB but then moving the party over to the Navesink Country Club. I hear the Oyster Point does a beautiful job on weddings. Where did you decide? Oh, and Keri, Kay will not dissappoint.

Kay English Photography said...

Yay! Thank you so much Rhiannon for featuring this shoot :) I love your blog and think it's fabulous!!!

ASHLEY said...

I love this too! Such a fun photo shoot! Happy Thursday!

Maggie Eisenstat {I Do Love It} said...

Aww this is so adorable!

Brooke T said...

This is gorgeous! I love her outfits :)

{The Perfect Palette} said...

Great post. Inspiring. Love that she bridesmen and they are going to serenade her along with her bridesmaids. Awesome.

Alisha said...

Kay needs to stop being such a great photographer. Her shots are beautiful. I know I say this alot, but seriously, great feature. Might I dare say, best ever!! Hehe

xoxo

jacin {lovely little details} said...

oh this shoot just has it all - perfectly pretty.

Ashley said...

the shot with the rooster is hysterical. how fun!

The Loveliest Day said...

This shoot is beautiful, and the light is just pure insanity!

Shana said...

oh that hat! I so love a good hat!

Michaela said...

This is one of my favorite shoots you've ever featured, darling! I adore the lighting and styling. This is exactly how I envision my engagement shoot one day! What an adorable couple (:

Kate/MagnoliaRouge said...

OMG this is adorable!! Love the lighting, love their outfits... all of it!!

A Crimson Kiss said...

Was that a sheep? Between this gorgeous couple and the stunning light, I don't how how you could resist anything so pretty!

christine donee said...

Note to self: hold a chicken for my own engagement shoot. It's obviously the best thing to ever happen.

Megan said...

The chicken scares me, but her dress amazes me!!

Lauren said...

Wow! I can't decide what detail is my fave; her dress, her hat or all the lovely vintage keys!

Glamour and Grace said...

Oh my, how did I miss this?? I love Kay and this shoot is no different! Gorgeous!!