My Office Redo {Part 2}

Happy Monday everyone. As promised here it is; Part 2 of my office redo efforts (you can catch Part 1 over here). And I've been getting in the ridiculous habit of calling my office the Hey Gorgeous Events headquarters that how much I'm digging this project so far. Yup, almost all 200 square feet of my space is given such a fancy name in my books. How in the world did I become ever so lame? Sigh. Anyway read on and see if you can spot the few changes and additions that have been made. A little I Spy if you will. It'll be fun.


I know what you're thinking though. "But Rhi, not much has changed since your last office redo post!" and to be fair, you're right. Not a whole lot has. I am however trying to keep things somewhat a surprise since I am hoping to have a photog come over to snap some photos of my new space and me in that new space for the new changes I have stored over here. Muahaha. I'm so sneaky sneaky right? Once everything is in place and cleaned up I just know my little office will be equal parts cozy, inspirational and representative of me and my business - three things that were uber important to me before setting out on this revamp endeavor. The walls are 95% finished and the pink wall behind my desk is so adorable and even more perfect that I could have ever imagined. On Sunday, Apb's mom came over to help me fix up the creases where the ceiling meets the walls and I did my best to set up my new book case, put together my new lamp base, and get things organized and in order. So far it is starting to look like something. Something to call my own. And check out that new vintage blue tea cart. I am obsessed with it. And love where it currently sits. Can't wait to show you all the little details!


Don't be too taken aback now by how good I look when I paint.


Some of the things I still need to get are chairs (or one chair) for a sitting area, a small side table, my rhino head from Z Gallerie, a lamp shade for my new lamp, some photos framed for the pink wall, a shelf hung on the pink wall, one last chunk of wall painted (the wall behind the door you can see in the above photo to the left), a mirror for my walk in closest, a trash bucket, and perhaps a carpet for over in my sitting area. Any recommendations for a cheap place to buy pretty chairs or a cheap rug? Do you think a rug would be too busy?

What do you guys think so far? Be honest :) Xo

53 Lovely Comments:

Aleah + Nick Valley said...

Love it! I spy so many elements I adore! Seeing your progress is so fun! {A}

Mary - Lemon Fresh Designs Photography said...

Ummm.... i LOVE it. Seriously it's perfect, so light, fresh and inspirational! Can you come fix my office?

Brooke T said...

This is so exciting! It's looking fantastic!!! I love your vase for the flowers and the shelving unit it awesome!

Vatne Designs said...

I think I need a blush wall in my office, if only I can persuade the husband...

Tracey said...

Yaaay you picked up the awesome blue tea cart, that cart is awesomesauce! Your office is looking good!

Unknown said...

I'm loving it! I just know you & your Brides will love spending time there. If you ever want a new project, feel free to spruce up my space!

Rosie said...

Absolutely lovely! The color scheme is perfection. You've totally gotten me obsessed with the pale pink and gray color combination.

Shana said...

It looks lovely! You have inspired me to clean up my wedding room (actually office/guest room!) since it is a DISASTER! I want my pretty space back now that I see yours!!

Holly said...

love the color scheme lady! can't wait to see the finished look!

Megan said...

It looks amazing, Rhi!! I cannot wait to see the finished look!!

Alicia@CharityWedding said...

I love it and I love the pink wall. Our guest room needs some major paint but I am hesitating to paint it as someday in the somewhat near future it will be a nursery and I don't want to paint it twice. But then I said I would never paint it typical baby colors anyway. This pink may create a change of heart!

Kristen said...

looks great! can't wait to see it finished

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

You DO look fabulous when you paint! :)
Love that desk, love it!! And the wall of pink (just one wall right?) - so pretty. I like the moniker Hey Gorgeous Events HQ - that's gotta stay!!
Have fun with your own girly space!

It's A Love Story said...

love it! Cant wait to see everything!

ASHLEY said...

LOVE IT LOVE IT!!! Come decorate my office :)

The Caramel Jar said...

Want an office mate?? lol ;) How about the lovely aroma of some caramels swirling around the office?? haha Looks gorgeous, favorite part is the pink wall! xoxo

Melina said...

I don't think a rug will be too busy if it is a solid color. I am seriously loving the pink wall!

Anonymous said...

it looks so pretty! i would look at overstock.com for chairs or target ;)

Jess said...

oh my gosh! I totally want a pink wall now now! (not to mention my own office) So fun!

Unknown said...

You are all kinds of cute! Love that paint color:-) And the pops of color . . . and all those fun cake pedastels. Love it:-)

Michaela said...

It's so cute, darling. And so YOU! I love the pink feature wall. It's adorable times a million.

Michelle @ Ten June said...

Rhi it looks GREAT! I agree with Michaela- so you : )

Check Overstock for cheap chairs! And actually Target has really cute slipper chairs on their website. You could absolutely do a fun rug, lots of pop against the neutral carpet.

You might just become a design blogger before you know it ; )

Paloma said...

your office space is everything i've always wanted mine to be and so much more! that pink accent wall = perfection

Free Pretty Things For You said...

I think that is the most Perfect shade of PINK in the Universe!!! :D

Unknown said...

Perfectly pink prettiness perks people up! Say that five times without messing up! Love it and you my dear are quite the adorable one...thank you for the sweet text today!

Unknown said...

Muhahaha...yes sneaky you are!

Ashley said...

I agree with everyone else that those colors are amazing! I love that big silver frame on the wall too. Are you going to put your Z Gallerie rhino head inside of that?! I cannot wait to see it all finished. Looking good... and you look fab while painting! (:

Erin said...

sooooo fun!!!!! i wish i could come sit in there & type along next to you!!!! :)

natasha {schue love} said...

I am just so in love with the yellow tulips! The pink wall is going to look awesome!

Anonymous said...

Its looking good!

Brancoprata said...

I cannot wait to see more!!! It's looking great... and the color is beautiful!

k said...

i want to know whats going on!!! i love it though bffff

Jillian said...

I really love that color pink. It's such a neutral, muted tone. And I don't know if you're keeping the flowers, but they really cheer up the place!

p.s. Thanks for the bday wishes!

Lilacandgrey said...

i am LOVING the color!

jessica // union shore said...

love it girl!!
its looking great!! what a perfect shade of pink!!
can't wait to see it all finished....

jessica lynn said...

cant wait to see the finished product!!

April of Smidge Of This said...

Rhi, the room looks so pretty! And for a rug, why don't you get the Ikea rug I posted about here: http://alizadventures.blogspot.com/2011/04/more-new-home-decor.html

We bought it - it's inexpensive ($19.99) and looks great. It's in our kitchen right now. I think you'd be really happy with it in your new HQ!

Vanessa King said...

Oh.my.goodness. You guys are such a hard workers. Look at all of this progress! As wonderful it is to be married and have a home, it's EXTRA wonderful to have a space in that home that is so perfectly your own. Enjoy every second :)

Stephanie Faris said...

Love it! That's a place I'd love to work!

Lisa said...

This looks beautiful, Rhi!! I'm redoing my room this summer and I think I may have to use that pink on one of my walls!
Hope you're having a great week!
Lisa

Kirby Margaret said...

it sure is coming along! I can tell you that if I were a client meeting you for the first time I would like your style!

Claire Gallam said...

WEEEE SO CUTE!!!!!!

ashley nicole catherine said...

ohh my goodness, your office is so lovely! i lovelove the white + pink. definitely think i need a pink wall too.

thanks so much for stopping by my blog! love yours and i'm now following :)

xo.ashley

Nicole said...

I have loved to hear about your updates via twitter! I cannot wait to see the finished room! You've got the sweetest style!

Alisha said...

I want one for myself. Purdy please!! You are absolutely adorable when you paint. Rock it, sista!!

xoxo

Kelley @ Kelley Maria said...

I want cutesie office too!

Kerry said...

It's coming together... I seriously love the blue cart! So perfect... and that pink wall!? FABULOUS!

Anna Elder said...

looks like its coming together nicely!! i love it. and i love the pink wall. it looks like a great color!! i'm kinda liking the carpet w/out a rug. maybe some over sized floor vases?

Megan said...

SUCH a cute office!!!! It already looks amazing! You have great style :)

li said...

looking good :) try home decorators...you can get a great upholstered chair, with a fun print, at a reasonable price! good luck...can't wait to see the finished product!

Amanda Wilcher said...

Love it! Where did you get your desk?? Pretty please I want one...seriously. Must share!

Megan said...

ugggggggggggggghhhhhh Rhi..i want...im totally in love that chair.

Abi said...

I love your pink wall! Have you ever heard of IKEA, they have pretty cute furniture & all types of things for the home.