Romantic San Rafael E-session by Volatile Photography


Julia and Seth are one of those couples that just ooze genuine sweetness and romance. As I scrolled through the dozen of images from their intimate San Rafael engagement session there wasn't one photo that I didn't find myself nearly lost in. Their expressions, their mannerisms, their interactions together are just so real and sweet to me and I hope you'll feel the same way. Oh and how gorgeous is Julia? I can't wait to see her rock a wedding gown in just a few short months. A giant thank you to the wonderful Kristy over at Volatile Photography for sending this session my way. Happy Thursday everyone!


{Julia and Seth's Love Story} Seth and I grew up in the same town but didn't meet until 4 1/2 years ago through mutual friends. Neither one of us was looking for anything serious as Seth was moving to LA in seven months and I was finishing paralegal school but before we knew it we were inseparable and got teased by friends constantly for our public displays of affection. The summer months flew by and at a friend's wedding a month before Seth left for LA, he pulled me aside as the rest of the party was dancing to say "I'm crazy in love with you." I still remember how the tears felt the day he left, but soon enough I followed him to LA. We both worked hard at following our dreams there, but missed home tremendously so we decided to move back home. While in Maui with Seth's family the week before we moved home he swept me off my feet and proposed to me on a beach at sunset. We are getting married in September under the trees in Tahoe and plan to dance the night away with our closest family and friends. We fall more and more in love each day and every moment he takes my breath away.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Photography: Kristy Ahumada of Volatile Photography / Venue: St. Vincent School for Boys, San Rafael, California / Julia's dress: Oh La Loft, Petaluma, California / Flowers: Trader Joes 

27 Lovely Comments:

iheartkiwi said...

Just lovely.

The setting, the flowers, the couple... A little dose of romance for sure!

Megan said...

She is absolutely beautiful! I lost myself in the pictures too, actually felt like I was invading! I love her dress, perfect!

Lilacandgrey said...

cute!
♥ Cara
Lilac and Grey

Kody said...

Where does everyone find all these beautiful places for engagement photos? Ahhh!

Jenna Lee said...

The romance of these photos makes my heart melt. Not only do I love the keys but the photo of him on top of her with her facing the camera kissing her cheek makes my heart skip a beat. these are my favorite photos to date!

Thanks for sharing!

bailey said...

this girl is so gorgeous! love them!

Anonymous said...

I love, love, love everything about this session. Soft grays and blushes, simple backgrounds, but unique angles/shots/etc. Le sigh. I'm in love with it!

Emilee Sutherland said...

This is hands down one of my favs!!

Spun Sugar Suite said...

They are such a stunning couple. I love the simplicity of this shoot, the colors and the romance, each and every photo is incredible!

Kristy Ahumada of Volatile Photography said...

So many awesome comments! Thanks everyone! These photos are my favorite to date, too. : )

Kirsten Harr said...

I love these!

Aleah + Nick Valley said...

*Gasp* There is something about this that's a little mysterious. I just love the backdrop!

Colleen {Soundtrack To I Do} said...

What a gorgeous couple - and so in love!

Michaela said...

This is seriously stunning. One of my very favorites I've seen on your blog!! Her dress and cute little shoes are to die for!

Ashley said...

the shot of her looking through the iron gate is stunning.

Unknown said...

Absolutely stunning, what a beautiful couple!! I love the gate shot too....and how cute is her dress :) xx

A Crimson Kiss said...

What a stunning shoot-intimate and personal! I just love these photos, and I have a sneaking suspicion I'd adore these two!

Alicia@CharityWedding said...

Gorgeous session! They are such a beautiful couple!

Unknown said...

I just DIED!!!! These are the BEST I've seen!

Oh gosh, I wanna re-do! ;)

xx

christine donee said...

this is just too much. They are both beautiful, look refreshingly at ease, clearly so in love... I mean, what's not to obsess about??

Kristy Ahumada of Volatile Photography said...

I'm so happy that so many people love these photos! YAY! Any of you getting married and need some photos? ; )

Kelley @ Kelley Maria said...

How sweet! Their love for each other is so evident in these photos. Not to mention they are a very good looking couple!

Sarah {A Paper Proposal} said...

Beautiful! I love the subtle integration of the keys, and all the close up shots of the couple...very sweet and simple!

Claire Gallam said...

I LOVE THOSE KEYS!!!!!!

natasha {schue love} said...

Stunningly beautiful photos...they are a gorgeous couple!

Anonymous said...

Oh that is so lovely - her dress, the romantic poses, the petals, and those keys!

Unknown said...

her shoes should be on my feet and that dress should be in my closet.

and i wouldn't mind her face either.

this is beautiful!