Peaches and Cream Bridal Shower by Elizabeth Kaye

Morning guys! Today I have a sweet little treat for you; a peaches and cream themed bridal shower sent over from my lovely friend and photog extraordinaire, Elizabeth Kaye. I absolutely love when brides hire a photographer to capture their bridal shower because from what I remember my own shower was one of the most memorable days of my life. Then when a bride goes above and beyond to get crafty and carry out a theme throughout the whole celebration (an adorable theme might I add) the results are too delicious for words. Even better, those little peach drinks with the peach ring garnishes? I do believe that was the signature drink at our own wedding! After you scroll through the photos check out all the helpful cost-saving and planning tips from the beautiful bride to be, Sabrina. Enjoy your Wednesday blogettes; be back later this afternoon with more goodies :)



{From the cute bride to be, Sabrina} Bridal showers are becoming more and more elaborate these days. Rather than writing the name of my guests on individual, folded pieces of paper for their seating placements, I chose to buy mini canvases. I painted each canvas peach and wrote guest's names in cursive. Then I placed the small canvas on an easel that I had spray painted sea foam green. This was easy and very affordable and the small easels came in mini packs at the Dollar Store. Bigger canvases stood by the entrance to display what tables guests were seated at. These were also purchased from the Dollar Store. The larger canvases were painted peach and matched well with their little canvas friends. Among these, I also spotted fake fruit further down the craft aisle. I bought several bags of fake peaches and combined them into my floral centerpieces to tie in to the theme.

Even though Dollar Stores are great bargain places to shop at, there are times you can't find exactly what you need. When I visited my local Michaels, I checked the discounted bin and found adorable mini calendars for .39 cents each. Browsing through the months, I noticed lovely designs bordering the back side of each month. I decided to buy as many calendars as I needed and then ripped out the beautiful paper. I then traced my table numbers onto coloured stock paper and pasted it into the beautifully bordered paper. It added a really pretty touch and incorporated the colours I was after. Laminating the table number cards also really polished the look. 

Lastly, DIY projects are always a lot of fun, especially when you have a clear vision of what you want. Plan everything out and give yourself enough time to make your vision a reality. Depending on what DIY project you're working on, start early enough to achieve your goal without worrying about a sudden deadline. Put love and passion into your project and it will shine. Tackle on project at a time so it isn't too overwhelming. If something doesn't turn out exactly the way you want, well then, just remember, when life gives you peaches, make peach juice. Or something like that :)

33 Lovely Comments:

Jenna Lee said...

The ring! ahhhh the RING! Its amazingly beautiful and stole my heart ! LOVE IT! Shes beautiful and the shower is adorable. Love that theme!

Greer Loves said...

Super GORGE!!! I mean, if this wasn't a shower, I would have thought it was the wedding! This is so beautiful!

bonafidebride said...

Okay, this is totally GORG. What do I love most: the ring? the peaches? the stationery? the beautiful bride and her savvy ways? I vote all of the above.

Naomi said...

This is so very perfect. That ring is just amazing...this is right up your alley madame! xo

jillian :: cornflake dreams. said...

so gorgeous! we have similar rings!! but mine is rose gold. love all the pretty peach touches. xoxo jillian:: enter to win a leigh viner print!

Adrienne O'Connor Ruffles and Tweed said...

wow, this is gorgeous - what a great theme and stunning photos - could definitely be mistaken as a wedding - great job!

Lauren said...

Stunning! I'm mildly obsessed with the dress she wore! Sigh...

Lisa said...

This is breathtaking! Peach and turquoise just may be my new favorite color combination. I get so excited when I see your posts with pictures by Elizabeth Kaye--I know all the pictures will be elegant and romantic!
Hope you're having a great week, Rhi!
Lisa
P.S. I used a handful of your DIY projects in my post today :)

Keri said...

How gorgeous was this shower?! Okay, I know I have bombarded you with questions before regarding the bridal shower, but I have a few more...
My mom is super excited about my shower and wants to do it early. I know most showers are about 3 months out before the wedding, but she was thinking of a fall shower, even though my wedding is not until next July. She was thinking it would be nice to have the events spread out since weddings are so expensive to attend (as well as to plan)It would help her to spread out the cost as well as perhaps the people attending? Also, for people flying in from out of town, such as my grandma...I know it would be impossible to have her fly up next May and then again in July because she hates to travel but we thought if the two events were spread out, we may be able to convince her to come up for both. What do you think? Is there an etiquette rule regarding when the shower should be??

Rachel Peters Photography said...

Sweet Mother of All Gorgeous...Beautiful!

Sandra Regier - Photographer said...

Lovely lovely job Beth! But I think Rachel said it better :)

Anna Elder said...

loving the theme and arrangements! her dress is just gorgeous!!

Michaela said...

First of all, this ring is EXACTLY what I want! (:
Second, the canvas idea is so genius. I love the colors, the bride-to-be's dress, the flowers...everything!

Claire Gallam said...

What a fabulous idea!!!

Colleen {Soundtrack To I Do} said...

So so beautiful! Everything about the day! And I love love love the ring. As opposed to everyone else, who hate it. :P

Sarah {A Paper Proposal} said...

Such a pretty bridal shower! I LOVE the peach rings on the cocktail glasses...too cute!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful ...everything especially the bride-to-be

Nora Rose said...

Love the ring and the bride. It's beautiful but I don't like the stationary. I'm old fashioned but the "monetary" part just ruins it. :(

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful! Gives me lots of inspiration forthe bridal shower I'm throwing for my friend later this summer!

Unknown said...

totally dreamy. gorgeous!

A Crimson Kiss said...

No words, just WOW.

Liesl said...

Seeing that the theme was peaches and cream you know I fell in love right away...so, so pretty!

Liesl :)

Brancoprata said...

Such a perfect bridal shower!! Her dress is amazing and seriously... this could be photos from an actually real wedding not a bridal shower.... absolutely beautiful!!!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

That's just a shower? It's gorgeous enough to be a wedding!

Jessica said...

OMG, YUM! This is absolutely stunning. Heavenly!!

Megan said...

holy lord that is a bridal shower??

Anonymous said...

Love it - so beautiful! Is is strange to plan your own wedding shower though?

Soulful Mama said...

This is so, so lovely!

~ Clare x

Alexandra said...

Oh my GORGEOUS!! This is lovely in every possible way - the colors, the peach accents, her simple yet elegant dress, her ring (WOW!)! Just gorgeous!

Paloma said...

breath. take. ing.

jessica // union shore said...

this is one of my fave showers... ever!! everything is stunning!
and i love the mini canvases, such a great idea!!

xxShivvyxx said...

Wow we don't even have Bridal Showers in the U.K...i'm still not even sure what it's supposed to be :P Can't believe you guys have to go through all this added expense! xxShivvyxx

Erin said...

i love that wreathe! and the color palette!!!