Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

Banana Bread




Guess what? Tomorrow Little Miss Baker goes back to Canada. It's heartbreaking to leave Chicago but it also means it's back to business and back to baking for me. My brief blogging hiatus is coming to an end thankfully! Since I wanted to leave APB with something sweet for when I am gone, I decided to make him my fave recipe, the best banana bread ever!

I also had a few brown bananas frozen in my freezer and was thinking to myself how great a piece of banana bread with a little butter and a cold glass of milk would taste. The results? See for yourself above! Our entire apartment still smells delicious. I sprinkled some chocolate chips and walnuts on top for a little snazz :) The recipe is one I play around with all the time since there are countless methods of making yummy banana bread but this one seems to be just right. Try to use bananas that are very brown, almost to the point where you may feel like you need to throw them out. If you have bananas like this but would like to make the bread a different day, peel the bananas and keep them in the freezer until you are ready to use the bananas. They will keep frozen for a few months and taste perfect in the bread!

Chocolate Chip Walnut Banana Bread
1 cup of mashed bananas
1 1/2 cups AP flour
1/2 cup of sour cream
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 stick of butter
a dash of vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
a dash of salt
chocolate chips and walnuts, however much you'd like

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Get lots of bowls ready for the batter! Grease a loaf pan with cooking spray or butter and set aside. In a small bowl mash about 3 bananas together to make one cup of banana guts. In a seperate medium sized bowl cream your butter, sugar, eggs (one at a time) and vanilla together until creamy and blended.

Add the flour, and the remaining dry ingredients to the butter mixture. Once combined add in the sour cream and chocolate chips and nuts if you'd like. Make sure everything is equally blended and pour into greased loaf pan. Sprinkle with chopped nuts and chocolate chips. Bake for 1 hour, give or take a few minutes. Let cool completely for 20 minutes and lightly wiggle out from pan. Wrap and cover to keep fresh and enjoy!

11 Lovely Comments:

Tania @ Larger Family Life said...

Looking foraward to the cupcake challenge!

Liz @ LivingMySweetLife said...

I love your blog! So cute, I can't wait to try your banana bread, it's one of my husbands favorite treats.I look forward to reading your updates soon!

theUngourmet said...

Funny I was just thinking about you and wondering when you would have a new yummy post up.

This banana bread does sound just right. I love the chocolate chips on top!

I BLEED PINK said...

When are you starting school?

Nichole O said...

I have never used sour cream, always use buttermilk in mine. And I let my banana guts sit for about 20 minutes after mashing - lets the flavor really come out.

I am going to try this recipe - it looks YUMMO!

Lamonica said...

This looks delicious. I have never tried banana nut bread before but I might try this recipe one day. I also like the design of your blog.

Rhiannon Bosse said...

Tania, keep your eyes posted!

Little Bits, Thank you so much :) Give the bread a try!

Kim, sorry I have been so MIA! ahhh so busy lately!!

Erica, September 2nd! YIKES

Buttermilk works great too Nichole! And what a great idea to let the guts sit. I will give that a try next time forsure. Thanks!

Lamonica thank you bunches!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

This seriously sounds like heaven!!

betty said...

Beautiful , yummy site-love the pictures! Thank you! Betty

Rhiannon Bosse said...

Kristin and Betty, thank you :)

Anonymous said...

www.pinksugardesserts.com is very informative. The article is very professionally written. I enjoy reading www.pinksugardesserts.com every day.
payday cash loan
cash advance