DIY Cupcake Liner Garland

Admit it you saw this coming. A Cupcake Liner garland? Yes, please. And thank you!

Cupcake Liners

Found via Project Wedding, (photographed by Scott Clark Photography, originally here on 100 Lake Cake) this little DIY craft is perfect for a summer wedding, rehearsal dinner, kids birthday, you name it. And with the fun amount of liners out there, you can coordinate your garland to the type of event. For two 36' strands of garland you'll need approx. 4-5 packs of cupcake liners.

Stringing the Liners

{first} lay out all of your liners, and if you decide to use them, fabric circles and pieces of lace. Figure out what type of pattern you'd like to use, if any. If you tea-dye some wrappers make sure they are completely dry before stringing together.
{second} take a small stack and thread a needle through with some twine or ribbon of your choosing. You'll need a heavy duty needle to get the twine through if you use a threading agent thicker than normal thread.
{third} once you've thread on about 1/3 of the liners glue gun a couple to the twine to prevent the liners from sliding back and forth too much. You can even use a little lace tied to the ends to attach to wherever you plan to hang the garland.
{fourth} Just remember to let the glue dry before continuing on. And thread away all your liners and lace to your heart's content. Keep the liners as tightly or loosely space together as you want or switch up the spacing for some variety.

Steps

Totally going to make this lovely little treat for a bridal shower. We have a trellace over our patio in the back yard and this would look just darling draped from corner to corner. Hope you feel inspired everyone!

Very Vintage

14 Lovely Comments:

carissa said...

those are the cutest cupcake liners i've ever seen. wow. so adorble.

Lindsay said...

What an awesome idea. I never would have thought cupcake liners could look so cute!

All Things Cherish said...

What a cute idea! I just recently purchased some fun cupcake liners for cupcake baking but perhaps I should change my plans!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

So cool!!! :) I like this idea a lot, R. :) I'm going to save this in the idea file. ;)

Francis Family said...

Ok so weird. I just posted the things I love post and a photo of this garland was in my files and I decided to skip it! (not sure why I did!) How funny! Thanks for the how-to though cuz I wasn't sure on how to do it.
Great minds!!

Scientific Housewife said...

That is neat!

Ashley said...

Totally doing this. I will send you a picture once I do!...But not till August!

dognbird said...

Loving this sweet little project, such a nice blog!

Caroline said...

Oh how creative... I am going to make one of these and put it up in my room!! Hope your day has been lovely!! XO

Caitlin @ Candyfloss & Persie said...

Oh that is too cute and so easy! Why didn't I think of that??? :)

theUngourmet said...

This is ever cute! There is just no end to the color and pattern possibilities! :)

Rebecca said...

pretty pleats!

Katy ~ said...

Is that adorable or what! What a perfect garland for a foodie as well, say on a birthday. LUUUUURE this idea!

ClassiclyAmber said...

I've been wanting to make one of these for a while now! Your's looks so cute!! Thanks for the fab tut, too! =-D