DIY Pom Poms

<span class=

I just about shrieked with delight when I came across these DIY poms on Dolci Odille's site. They are the same talented duo who made these cute Valentines I posted about here. I immediately thought of all the girlfriends of mine getting married this year and how amazingly adorable and easy these would be to make. They'd be perfect for ceremony decor, reception decorations or even easy holiday decor around your home. All you Do It Yourselfers? Enjoy.

<span class=

Here's your supplies you'll need: scissors, fabric, Chinese paper lanterns and hot glue gun.

Dolci Odille

{step one} cut circles out of fabric
{step two} fold the circle in half and put a little glue on the center then fold over to secure
{step three} apply more hot glue to the bottom of the circle
{step four} apply fabric piece directly onto the lantern, glue side down

Dolci Odille

{step 5} continue to cover the whole lantern and tie ribbon to the metal frame to hang. Your end result will look like this (sigh, so pretty!)...

Dolci Odille

14 Lovely Comments:

Jessica @ Lavender and Lilies said...

OMG. I love them. Those are adorable!

carissa said...

bless you for posting this. they are so going into my little girls nursery. aww, the beauty they bestow! love them like bunches.

Anonymous said...

so amazingly cute! love your blog as well. what a talented little lady you are.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I adore poms but I'm not sure if I'm crafty enough to make them. Maybe I can get my sis to do it! ah ha ha

anna said...

oh my gosh i love these! thanks so much for this post, i'm working on starting my own wedding planning business and think these will fit in nicely with some of my offered decorations!

Tabby said...

Very lovely indeed! They are so easy to make and look stunning! Would be great for weddings, nursery's, or anywhere!

Unknown said...

Oh Rhi those are beautiful! Now I need an excuse to make them....

Jennifer Rose said...

those are so pretty looking! all your wedding posts make me want to get married again lol

Ashley said...

I love this! I am throwing a bridal shower this summer and am totally making these. Thanks, Rhi!

jordan said...

these are SO cute!! i might have to give this a shot.
your blog is a-dorable. so glad you visited mine...following you as the result! :)
and ps my blog is slightly deceptive- i'm not in chicago just yet. i plan to be someday bc i think it is the best city in the world. but i currently live in san fran {which is ALMOST as fantastic}

Caitlin @ Candyfloss & Persie said...

BEAU-TI-FUL!!!

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

when I first saw this tutorial I thought it was so complicated (well I'm not really a diy person and I don't have all the utensils) but maybe I should try it! Easy???

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting these! I had seen them before, then lost the link. I'm so happy to find them in time to craft a few for our wedding. Yeah!

Love the new Pretty Projects section!

Craftiness NOW said...

so beautiful, i love these colors! thank u so sharing such wonderful ideas on your site.