24

I believe in a hug and kiss at the end of every text message.
I believe in pink.
I believe that high heels make everything OK.
I believe in hugs. Lots and lots of hugs.
I believe in playing a song over and over too many times just to learn the lyrics.
I believe in being strong. In seeing through tears when it seems things can't get any worse.
I believe that girls who are themselves are the prettiest.
I believe love absolutely exists in its purest forms.
I believe that the best of yet to come.
I believe in laughter. In laughing at yourself.
I believe those who take photos of themselves have more fun. And the pictures to prove it.
I believe in blowing out the candles on your birthday cake, every.single.year.
Happy Birthday to me!

Me Laughing

And just in case I forget what it takes to laugh at myself, here I am in my 24-year-old glory.

53 Lovely Comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! I love your words and your photo! I pray that you have a great day! xx

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday! Your birthday is 3 days before mine :) Enjoy your day!

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday! Your birthday is 3 days before mine :) Enjoy your day!

Angie said...

Happy Birthday beautiful! Hope it's a great one <3 btw, I just gave you a blog award!

http://quirkynerdyprincess.blogspot.com/2010/05/award-time.html

_ffyona said...

Happy 24th Bugday!!! I love the things you believe in. You're awesome young lady!

ps: I hope you have received my little message too! And yah, i love that cute picture of you bug. Have an awesome YOUR day today!

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

Awww...happy happy birthday beautiful!

Milica said...

24 years ago, on a washed out long weekend I was the only 20 something year old who did not go camping for the holiday weekend. After all , I was about to give birth to my first child.As the thunder rolled and the sky grew darker, I felt water run down my leg... "Oh no" , I thought, now what? I decided it was time to go to sleep. After all, when things get scary bed always seemed like a safe refuge! My pains worsened and the realization that bed was not going to take away my stomach ache settled in like a scary hospital visit. It was time to make one, speaking of hospital visits. Arriving in a horrible storm at McMaster Hospital and feeling anything but excited, my journey into the reality of active labour was well on it's way.Wondering how much worse the pain would get and how many more hours would pass on the clock wall made the whole experience seem to go on for infinity...12 hours later I heard, "it's a girl" She has all her toes and fingers , she weighs 6lbs7ounces, and has a beautiful head of hair!!No long weekend storm could take away the sunshine I felt.Here at last was my own little bundle of happiness. Somebody who needed me and I needed just as much.Days turn into months, months to years. Always a happy baby, rarely a cranky toddler, never a miserable kid.Teenage hood ran smoothly. You always tried to please. You always did your best.What ever you pursued, you gave it your all. From academics, to gymnastics, you finished what you started and even broke school records and achieved honour roll standings.Now school is over, gymnastics is a thing of the past and you are soon to be a bride.... wow, where did time go?They say life goes quickly when life is good. It feels like being your mom has been but a minute.You have brought our family such joy, pride,excitement, and friendship.I know this much is true, after every storm there is a rainbow. You are mine. Happy 24th birthday cat! with love from mom and dad.xoxo

Lou said...

Happy happy birthday - wow just 24 - you have a wise soul...

And what your Mum wrote - that made me cry! Again. I must get a grip.

Have a lovely day sweetpea... Louise x

Julie Leah said...

Happy Birthday, lady!! I love your list and the photo! I also believe in playing a song over and over to learn the lyrics! I do this more times than I should admit :) I hope you have a beautiful day! xoxo

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

Happy Birthday Gorgeous!! Hope you have a great day!! Enjoy it, 24 is a great age!!
ps: yes soooooo sorry, got your email, thaaaanks, I have to email you back, dumb me! xoxo
Enjoy honey!!!!

Trish {Pink Preppy Lilly Lover} said...

Hi babydoll, Happy Happy HAPPY 24th Birthday! As I told you last night I know this year is going to be absolutely fabulous for you full of new beginnings and the start of happily ever after! How cool that you'll always remember you were 24 on your wedding anniversary of September 24! :)

Your mother once again has me floored with her gorgeous message to you! The apple certainly didn't fall far from the tree that is for sure. You must love being so close in age as well, my mom and I are 22 years apart and she is without a doubt my best friend.

I wish you a day full of all happy things and wish I could give you a big birthday hug and kiss in person! So glad fiance is coming into town soon - you two celebrate all weekend and ENJOY! Love you!

PS - You are too cute in that picture, I just LOVE it!! xoxox

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Rhi, you look darling and not a day over 20!

Brianna! said...

How precious.
I believe in ALL of the same things that you do!

HOPE YOU HAD AN AMAZING 24th BIRTHDAY.

You're gorgeous dear!

xoxo
bB

ComplyKated said...

Happy birthday.

Sweet Southern Prep said...

Okay, first, so happy birthday! And then second, I just read what your mother wrote, oh my goodness, that is the sweetest thing ever. I want my mom to write something to me like that - without being forced! Haha. Hope you have a wonderful day!

P.S. You look beautiful in your candid photo! :)

sara said...

Happy Birthday, Rhiannon! I hope you have a wonderful day. That candid photo of you is fantastic - beautiful, laughing and carefree! (Oh, and your Mom's comment had me tearing up, so sweet!).

Lindsay said...

Happy Birthday love! You're right we totally need to be besties! The amount of songs I listen to on repeat is sickening.

lenoralee said...

Happy birthday Rhi!!! All the best.

Jennifer Rose said...

happy birthday!

Francis Family said...

ahh HAPPY BIRTHDAY gorgeous!!!!
You are way too cute. Love your list, all of it.
I love Birthday's so I hope your day is full of happiness and being spoiled!! You deserve it! ;)

Blair McLeod said...

happy birthday sweet girl!

Lilacandgrey said...

Happy Birthday! You have a really beautiful blog-and I am now your newest follower :)

I BLEED PINK said...

Happy Happy Birthday Miss (soon to be Mrs) Rhiannon!!! I hope you have a wonderful and special day.

Unknown said...

Happy 24th birthday Beautiful Girl, hope you are having a wonderful day, I am sure you are :)

I loved what you wrote, as always....and what your Mom wrote made me cry....would ya stop doing that to me?! ;)

I really do love your blog, it seems such a true reflection of all that is good and special about you and it's been such a pleasure meeting you....well done sweetie xo

Ashley said...

Happy Birthday, Rhi! May your day be filled with lots of pink, sprinkles, pictures of yourself, hugs, lunch out with friends, dinner out with someone special, tons of text messages and phone calls, and of course blowing out candles.

Hope you feel loved and spoiled today!

becca said...

Happy, happy birthday!
This is an adorable little post :)

Debbie said...

A very happy birthday to you! I love your list. I don't believe in high heels but I can get behind all the rest:)

Jen said...

What? Today is your Birthday?? Happy Birthday Dear!! I guess I popped on my on the best day of the year :-)

Lauren said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!! I hope you have a gorgeous day!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday!
You are so cute, and so are your words..

My bf usually takes my pictures. If he isn't there, I just set my camera on the closest thing.
Thanks! :)

LOVE!

Punctuation Mark said...

Have a wonderful day and enjoy every bit of it!!!!

Unknown said...

Happy Happy Birthday girl! And you are totally right girls who are themselves are the prettiest!

Hope you have a wonderful day and to many more!

Unknown said...

I believe that you are flat out adorable! Happy Birthday!
xo
Sue

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!!!

I hope you have a great one.

MY Rope Bracelet Giveaway!
@ Bon Bon Rose Girls

georgia ~ gi gi said...

Happy Birthday pretty girl! Oh to be 24 again!

Anonymous said...

you are too adorable! have a wonderful day, my dear!!

xo Alison

Buy me a cameo said...

Love the photo Rhi Rhi!

clearlytangled said...

happy birthday, gorgeous!!!

DailyDoseOfAloha said...

i believe that wishes do come true.. and that i hope you have a kick ass bday!!! love your blog, girl!!! keep it up!

She Wore It Well said...

happy bday gorgeous x

Scientific Housewife said...

Great post... Happy Birthday!

Char said...

Happy Birthday!! Great post, words and picture. You are an inspiration. Thanks for sharing. And yes, what your mom wrote, brought tears of happiness. That is a great mom who cares and thinks the world of you. Enjoy your day and the whole year!

living well said...

Happy Birthday! Have a fabulous day!

Wendy said...

Oh, my dear, you are gorgeous inside and out! I hope you have another wonderful year full of laughter, love and ALL the glorious things you "believe in"! xoxo to you on this happy day! And the comment from your mama ~ BEAUTIFUL!

Jacklyn said...

I am so behind on my reader but I still want to wish you a very happy birthday (even if it is belated). I hope you had a wonderful day and you're right, the best is yet to come!

Slamdunk said...

Happy birthday to you!

I like your idea of candles on the cake even as an adult though I do have to admit it may take me several breaths of air to get all of the fire extinguished.

KW said...

how did i MISS wishing you a happy birfday love!?!? my birfday was monday, i love that we're birfday month soulmates (almost birfday DAY soulmates!)

i hope it was as lovely as you :)

xo!

theUngourmet said...

you look darling! I love your list! Again, happy bday!!

Lucy said...

Happy Birthday!! I hope you had a truly wonderful and fabulous day :)

Barry said...

Rhi,

Ugh I feel terrible, I made note of your birth date weeks ago and had every intention of wishing you well. So (belated) Happy Birthday my dear!

I'm following you now, b/c missing your birthday is bad enough but I wouldn't miss your wedding for anything! Plus perhaps you could use more testosterone amongst your followers. ;)

Stay Gorgeous!

xx

Sarah Larsen said...

Happy Happy Birthday Gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

the sweetest post ever. happy 24th birthday sweetie. hope you had a fabulous day and may all your birthday wishes come true for you.

=) oxox

JenRem said...

Happy (very belated) birthday my dear friend :) I hope you have a super duper 24!