Whoever Said Vintage and Modern Don't Mix...

Obviously hasn't seen this wedding shoot. Styled by Yelena Johnson of The Stylish Soiree and photographed by Heather Kincaid, I stopped dead in my tracks when I came across this post on Green Wedding Shoes. More than often these days, I find the majority of weddings out there are based around either a vintage theme or a modern, simplistic vibe comprised of fresh and bold elements. Yelena obviously felt the same way and as a result, this photoshoot was born, combining modern textures and colours with a vintage vibe. Throw in some spectacular flowers (two bouquets!), two stunning dresses and one beautiful couple and well, you have a vintage-modern-wedding-shoot ready to take on the world.

Vintage Modern Wedding Shoot
vintage_modern_wedding_01
vintage_modern_wedding_03
vintage_modern_wedding_02
Vintage Modern Wedding Shoot
Vintage Modern Wedding Shoot
Vintage Modern Wedding Shoot
Vintage Modern Wedding Shoot
Vintage Modern Wedding Shoot
Vintage Modern Wedding Shoot
Vintage Modern Wedding Shoot
Vintage Modern Wedding Shoot

Oh and if you like anything pink, beautiful and totally fabulous to brighten up your day, check back on Monday morning to see more of this incredible wedding below sent exclusively to me by Sara Kauss Photography. I am thrilled to be showcasing her work here and the photos, well, let's just say it's been rather hard for me not to just show them all off right now :) Hang tight lovelies and have a splendid weekend!

SKP Feature

17 Lovely Comments:

Lou said...

Hello there - happy Friday honey. Now these images just speak to me! It's the grey I know...such a gorgeous combination with the cream. A very bold choice though for a wedding - I have huge admiration for trying something like this. Will your wedding be featured somewhere lovely too (like your blog?)? Louise x

Sweet Southern Prep said...

Wow, these shots are unbelievable. That necklace is gorgeous!

Andrea @ The Dawley Fam said...

These photos are gorgeous! I love that necklace! Hope you have a great day! ~Andrea
http://www.andreasattic-andrea.blogspot.com

Scientific Housewife said...

Those are amazing, I love the colors and dresses!

Amanda Wilcher said...

AHHHHH. IN. LOOOVE. I love all things mixed vintage/modern. *le sigh*

I BLEED PINK said...

First things first, they are a gorgeous couple.

The mix of modern and vintage was done really well at this wedding. I also love the 2nd dress she put on!!

Wendy said...

Wow, what a beautiful couple! Oh, the flowers, colors and table settings are simply divine! And the pictures... I LOVE the one of them running between the pillars and the last one... simply GORGEOUS! Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

i could look at these for hours. so beautiful.

xo Alison

KW said...

surely this can't be real. these are some of the most breathtaking pictures let alone gorgeous color combinations i've EVER come across!

thanks for bringing an extra bit of lovely to my day lovely!

Amy said...

Those photos are so beautiful! The mixture of vintage and modern looks lovely :)

www.fashionteapot.blogspot.com

Jennifer said...

Wow, so so so so lovely!!!! I felt like I was momentarily in another time age for a moment! I would adore a wedding like such! Everything is so classical and elegantly put together!

Chicago Chic said...

Absolutely stunning!!! The 7th photo down took my breath away, and I love the mix of modern and vintage. It is all so perfect!

xoxo
Rachel

Lauren said...

Squee*Sign*Swoon
I'm in love with this wedding!

theUngourmet said...

That necklace is to. die. for!!! These photos are incredible! I also love the plates. :)

Punctuation Mark said...

I love her dress being short and still very lady like... like the bottles that give the images that vintage look!

sara said...

Gorgeous! I love the bluish-gray accents and that bridal bouquet is to.die.for! I'm also in serious envy of the bride's hair, just lovely.

Anonymous said...

morning hun *-*...

you've changed your header! i love it, it's so beautiful, love the colors and cute ribbon touch, so you hun, you rock girly.

love this wedding post, gorgeous photos and touches of blue and ivory. stunning details and contrasts. they are such a cute couple. love the way her makeup was done. aww, the black and white photo is even more gorgeous, looks like something out of a magazine. wow! her second dress is even more amazing as well. where does she shop?

lovely post love, i enjoyed it very much.

have a blessed and fabulous day.

w/oxox's