Head First.

Diving that is. Diving head first into something that has felt so right for so long. This week I finally did it and bought the certified rights to the domain name www.heygorgeousevents.com. And I have started my journey into the wedding planning industry, destined to be the rad-est, most unique, hardest working chic slash coordinator any bride-to-be would ever want and need. I have a shoot in the works right now too. And some lovely and very talented vendors willing to work with me to make my visions come to reality. I also have a few potential clients and this makes me incredibly excited. Oh and the website which will live at the above listed domain, is 65% done. I am really quite excited to finally get it up online and live for all to see.

I read an article on the top 5 things elderly people wish they would have done differently in their lives. And one common response was that most people would have taken more chances; they would have done what made them happy mainly in their professional lives rather than working in pointless jobs that simply filled their days with meaningless work. They essentially, would have gone for their dreams and made those dreams into their reality. So here goes nothing...


And because our wedding photographer is so amazing (and pretty cute too) she was kind enough to send me a detail shot form our big day, just for the purpose of this post; thank you tons Mrs. Wilcher! I guess you could say I love this photo because it represents everything I'd want my business to represent. Heavenly goodness, a bit of glam and a whole lotta love. 

In case you're wondering, I loved my bouquet of ivory garden roses, cream vandellas and white ranunculus hand tied with two giant black lace bows. The vintage hummingbird pin was a special touch in memory of my best friend, my Grandma who thankfully was there all day with us in spirit. And my gray nails, were my way of giving traditionalism (and white tips) a big punch in the face. Standing out is so beautiful. Happy Friday my lovelies. Without you all I couldn't be the inspired woman I am today. Keep dreaming big xo

31 Lovely Comments:

Amanda Wilcher said...

Can I steal/borrow/have your nail polish?! The whole time I was browsing I kept having nail envy... :)

theUngourmet said...

Congratulations! I think I'll get re-married just so you can be my wedding planner! You are so ambitious! I have big dreams but never seem to be able to figure out how to make them come together. Best of luck to you on your new venture. You will be amazing!

Shelley said...

congrats! thats so exciting! and i love the picture. its so beautiful!!

Lindsay Bishop said...

Hey Rhi, put me down. I'll just find a groom and be on my way!

Joie de Viv said...

KUDOS to you!!! Congrats and I truly admire your initiative to take this step. I have wanted to be in wedding & event planning for a few years now but there's always some reason holding me back. I hope I will be able to do it or some other dream venture one day and not have that regret. Can't wait to live vicariously through your future posts! Congrats again!

xx Vivian @ http://diamondsandtulle.blogspot.com

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

So exciting Rhi, best of luck! Im going to live vicariously through you honey!! xoxo

Lou said...

Wow Rhi - that is great news and I know you have been (amongst wedding planning) playing with some different ideas in your mind. This one suits you so well and fabulous that you have decided to take the plunge! I love the bouquet shot by the way - so tantilising to see these pics bit by bit! You will so succeed as everything you do has such style. Lou x

TheOnlineStylist said...

Well I have just dived head first into your blog... and love it! (Found you via the gorgeous Simone at The Bottom Of The Ironing Basket). Your wedding and honeymoon posts (and pics) are beautiful and I love the honesty behind your (post) wedding day post. As for your journey you're about to embark on I'm thrilled for you. You have to take the chance - it's scary but you'll never regret doing it... & I have a feeling you'll do well! I launched my own sideline in August to the blog & it's hard work but I'm loving it. Hope you don't mind but I've included you in my Weekend Links. You have a new follower! xxx

April {April Foster Events} said...

Yeah!!! Congratulations and best wishes :)

Design Elements said...

so beautiful...

happy weekend!

I BLEED PINK said...

I can't even explain how excited I am for you!!! I love that were both able to follow our dreams. Maybe someday we can work on a wedding together!!!

Love you doll!

Becca said...

How fun! And the nail color is beautiful.. very classy and vintage looking.. Love it. Can't wait to see more pics. :D

Nicole-Lynn said...

Your bouquet was gorgeous! :) Love how you 'broke the rules' with your beautifully painted grey nails! I love the look!

Best wishes as you start your new journey in the wedding planning industry! You're business will do great.. I just know it!

Lindsay said...

Get it girl! You will do awesome!

The Girl said...

Bravery should be rewarded. Good luck with your new endeavour!

Kerry said...

This is great news Rhiannon! Follow your dreams girl - I know you'll do wonderful and beautiful things! All the best (and have a great weekend!)

Lucy said...

Congratulations - you'll be an amazing wedding planner! I wish you tons of good luck :)

allison said...

congratulations! i've been a reader for a while now, and i'm so excited for you that you're taking the leap to start your own business.

christine, just bella said...

Wow, congratulations to you for reaching for your dreams! That's so inspiring!

I love anything and everything about weddings and can't wait to hear about what you get yourself into! Best of luck on your new adventure!

Ashley said...

i am sooooo proud of you!!!!!!!

hoooooray!!!!!


you're going to do some mind-blowing things :-)

Marcie said...

Stunning! This is one of the most beautiful photos I've ever seen.

Love your blog!

xo M

Unknown said...

Congratulations! You will never regret following your dreams. If I can ever help (I was in your same shoes five years ago), let me know.

Good luck & best wishes~

Jennifer said...

YOU darlin are so inspiring!!! Loved everything about this post! I love how daring and self expressionist you were with your bouquet!! I LOVE it!!! xoxo

Francis Family said...

AHH! How have I missed so many posts. My life is crazy, that's why. But seriously, could that picture of you two be any more stunning! And the picture of your bouquet, is AMAZING. It's beautiful! You have amazing taste woman!
AND your business?! I love it! I've DREAMED of being a wedding planner/designer and my husband always tells me to do it. Maybe someday it'll work out, so i'm super jealous!
Love ya!!! and CONGRATS!!!!!!

annelise said...

How exciting! Best of luck with it all, I'm sure you'll be booked solid in no time.

I flipping adore this photo, everything about it. Gorgeous. Can't wait to see more photos.

jessica lynn said...

yes! go for it!!

Unknown said...

SOOOOOOOO EXCITING!!!!

That is such brilliant news, I am thrilled for you....you will do a great job....well done!!! xx

Kelley said...

Your words truly inspire me! My dream career is similar to yours. I want to start up my own event planning / design firm someday. It is something I dream of doing, but it scares me not knowing when the time will be right. I guess one day I will just have to dive in. Best of luck to you! (I really enjoy your blog!)

Liz said...

This is incredible. It's an amazing thing to go after your dreams. You seem extremely passionate about this and I have no doubt you will succeed! GOOD LUCK!

Rachael Sedory said...

What an inspiration you are! I think we all have dreams about what and who we want to be. Most of us settle because we are scared of the hard work and failure. You will be the best wedding plannner ever!

Wendy said...

YAY YOU!!!!!!!