Wedding Cake


I have to admit my lovelies, our wedding cake was probably one of the best investments we made and by far one of the loveliest details of Apb and I's big day. When I picked the cake up the morning before the wedding, I think I may have squealed like a little kid in a candy store when I laid eyes on it. I was kind of like my cake dreams and sugar fantasies had been brought to life as Olivia of I Do Wedding Cakes went above and beyond to create the  most beautiful cake for us with a price tag that was absolutely amazing and well within our budget ($250 for the above masterpiece, oh happy day! Be sure to check out Olivia's I Do Collection, a phenom selection of gorgeous designs with set prices any couple can afford). Originally we had decided on a pale pink fondant to cover the entire 3-tiered cake, yet after considering how it would look on our blue ceramic cake stand, settled on an off white shade instead. Thank goodness; it was truly perfect (thank you for the photo Amanda :)

Inside the bottom layer was a Lemon Truffle flavoured cake. Layers of velvety rich butter vanilla cake with a lemon filling and creamy buttercream. Never have I tasted such incredible cake before in my life and this is coming from a girl who loves cake like a fat kid. The top tiers were Chocolate Ganache flavoured; layers of rich chocolate cake sandwiched between a creamy and oh so delectable chocolate ganache and buttercream. The delicate and very real looking sugar roses were truly works of art as was the extremely detailed piping design along the base of each tier. Olivia, you are a rock star. My mom and I to this day, sneak a little piece of cake out of the freezer when we're in the need for a little sweetness. And in case you're wondering I will 100% recommend I Do Wedding Cakes to any of my future brides :) Cake on bloggettes!

22 Lovely Comments:

Unknown said...

It's absolutely GORGEOUS....stylish, pretty and elegant. Wow!!

PS Love your "wedding hair"....CANNOT WAIT TO SEE PHOTOS!! xx

Pamela said...

lovely, its very similar to mine, there's a photo here but its not a professional one http://reflectorville.blogspot.com/2009/11/our-wedding.html
.
lookin forward to reading more.

Caroline said...

My wedding cake was one of my favorite parts about my wedding .. ha I suppose I am silly but Marc and I loved it!! We had a carrot cake with buttercream that was simply divine. Your cake looks amazing and sounds incredibly tasty!! Loving your wedding posts!

Caitlin said...

So pretty! Love the detail above the pearl border :)

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Joie de Viv said...

What a perfectly GORGEOUS wedding cake Rihannon! I was a bit disappointed in mine but had very little control of it while doing my destination wedding thing. I often wish I had taken more effort to emphasize what I wanted. Your cake stand and those flowers are soo beautiful!

xx Vivian @ http://diamondsandtulle.blogspot.com

christine, just bella said...

Beautiful, affordable AND it tasted delicious!?? Amazing!!

It's so dreamy, it must have been hard to cut into it!

Liesl said...

Your wedding cake is lovely!!! I simply love the simplicity and elegance it displays...so, so pretty!

Liesl :)

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

uber gorgeous and I bet it was delicious!!

Free Pretty Things For You said...

::squealing and jumping up and down with you!! Gorgeous!!

little luxury list said...

Aww so pretty my dear!

Shelley said...

that is such a beautiful cake! and it sounds delicious! oh man...i want some now!

Unknown said...

Your cake is so delicate & beautiful! I'm happy to hear it tasted yummy too :-)

Laura said...

that sounds so incredibly delish!!- and it's sooo beautiful too!! :) Can't wait to see more pics!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!! Almost too pretty to eat! xo

I BLEED PINK said...

The only way to explain this beauty is simple elegance. I love that you didn't go over the top with your cake, but its still breathtaking!!

Wendy said...

***squealing****
What a beautiful cake!!!! I don't know how you were able to eat that gorgeous thing... well, maybe I do as my mouth is watering just reading the description!!! :)

Ashley said...

it's so gorgeous! and i am dying to have a slice of the lemon layer.

i am a fool for lemon.

beautiful job :-)

Jennifer Rose said...

that is a gorgeous looking cake :D

Lori said...

This cake is gorgeous! I love the simplicity of it and now mmy mouth is watering for something sweet. Thanks for that (wink, wink). I love how you said that you love cake like a fat kid!

Slamdunk said...

Sounds wonderful.

The Mrs. still admits that we overspent on our cake from a somewhat famous designer, but her only regret is that we did not have more time to enjoy it instead of having to greet all of our guests.

clearlytangled said...

so beautiful and delicious sounding. i'd love to try that lemon layer...