Charming Nashville Wedding

I'm still trying to get over the little itty bitty things that didn't go my way on our big day. Specifically, you know the wind storms and rain that plagued our day making us move our ceremony indoors, or forgetting some specific diy projects at home that would have added that extra personal touch, or even the things that I am crazy to worry about like my hair, the extra five pounds I never lost, or the fancy shoes I decided not to wear because this bride to be wanted to be oh so comfortable. Oh yes, slowly but surely those things are fading into a deep dark hole of nothingness and in it's place remains the intense love, happiness and magic Apb and I both felt that day.

Enter this charming DIY Nashville wedding from Style Me Pretty and well I am completely smitten; and so touched by the bride's sweet story. Just when I thought a little rain could ruin my wedding day memories she goes on to explain how she was very sick the day of her wedding and even ended up switching the ceremony and cocktail hour times as to give her more time to feel better and freshen up. The gorgeous bride planned and planned and planned (much like I did) for months leading up to her wedding, careful not to forget every last and little detail. Yet, such is life when things sometimes don't go according to plan. And such is the beauty of the journey when you can sit back forget about the mishaps and instead focus on the excitement and happiness of marrying your best friend. Jessica, you looked incredible. Your wedding was beautiful. Your story? Inspiration to so many others out there. Rock on girlfriend! 


The maid's dresses are from Anthro, a place that Jess actually loves and used as a point of inspiration throughout her big day. Once the dresses were selected she found a jewelry designer on etsy who worked with her to create a custom and unique accessory set for each girl based on their individual taste and personality. What a great idea to make every girl look and feel her absolute prettiest. Can I just point out how gorgeous the florals are too? The bouquets make my heart sing with happiness!


I am totally in love with the birdcages and little bird details infused throughout the wedding. Over the 9 months that the two loves birds were engaged, Jess collected 13 birdcages. She painted 10 of them in an aqua-teal colour and distressed each piece by hand. She used the remaining white cages for the guest book table and head table, combing the look with antique tins, bird figurines, blue mason jars and funky garden flowers. The whimsical vintage look Jess envisioned surely came to life!


For more wedding goodness from the talented photogs check out Souder Photography based out of Nashville and head over to my fave place ever to view the rest of the images featured over at SMP. Have an incredible Tuesday my loves and don't forget to do something oh so fabulous for yourself. Life is beautiful plus I have more exciting news coming up this week relating to this wedding planning business of mine. Wheee! xo

22 Lovely Comments:

Free Pretty Things For You said...

what a CHARMING wedding!!! every detail is so beautiful!


Everyone loved your DIY over at my place my dear!! thank you for your awesome creativity!
xoxo
Keren

Liesl said...

I LOVE this!!! Lately, I have been thinking about how I am enjoying the more neutral color scheme and I simply adore polaroids...so that was such a great idea! Thank you for always posting such lovely wedding inspirations and more!

Liesl :)

Lilacandgrey said...

really gorgeous details :)

Pink Champagne said...

Completely agree - charming is the PERFECT word to capture this loveliness!

Scientific Housewife said...

Very cute and charming

Camila S. Carvalho said...

So lovely! I love the colors! =) ♥

Unknown said...

I saw this on SMP & I really felt for the Bride. What a relief her story had a happy (& quite beautiful & charming) wedding!!

Unknown said...

i adore this wedding. love the turquoise touches. what a beautiful bride.

Unknown said...

wow, this is sooooo beautiful. a simple elegance all the way around. i love the dresses ... and what a cute idea to use the quilt as a backdrop. :)

Michaela said...

This is breathtaking! And so my style. I love the bird motif and the sweet and simple dresses she chose for the bridesmaids. The rings are beautiful and those flowers are gorgeous!! So inspiring (:

and flowers pick themselves said...

those bouquets are perfect!

xo Alison

Lori said...

This is perfect ~ I love all the little details and the dresses are gorgeous. My cousin was sick as a dog the day she got married with a chest infection. You would never know it by looking at her pictures today but I felt so so bad for her. We can control a lot of things leading up to our big day but that is not one of them.

Shelley said...

that is a beautiful wedding! i love the incorporation of the quilt and the colors are amazing!

Ashley said...

RHI! You KNOW I love this! Your very own little Nashvillian right here :-)

But here's what else I love...

her rings! did you see them? how unique. love love the bouquets the maids carried and the bride's. also the bird cages were amazing. so many things about this wedding are exactly what i envision one day.

i am bookmarking this baby.

Jessica @ Lavender and Lilies said...

I love love love it! Great details and I love the dresses.

Debbie said...

How in the world do people come up with such incredible ideas? I so love this!

Jessica said...

thank you SOOOO much for posting this! i really appreciate it and absolutely love your blog. you're right, i think we could be fast friends! too bad you don't live in nashville. :)

http://www.lovebirdstyle.com

Blair McLeod said...

gotta love nashville!!!

Anonymous said...

SWOON :) Love the neutral color palette. SO beautiful!

Melanie@UnravelledThreads
Follow @UnraveldTreads on Twitter!

theUngourmet said...

So Darling! All of it! the birdcages, the bicycle... Such terrific photos!

Bridget said...

this is gooorgeous. i love the picture with the & sign in it. and the vintage bird cages with the flowers! gah.

Unknown said...

Perfection!!! What a beautiful bride....she and her bridesmaids look stunning.

I want to get married again! xx