Glam Toronto Wedding by Elizabeth Kaye

Getting the opportunity to collaborate with insanely talented vendors in the wedding industry is by far the best part of putting together an Inspiration Shoot. I first came across Beth of Elizabeth in Love when I was searching for photos of weddings that had taken place at our venue. I wanted a feel for how our photos would end up looking and a Google search turned up some of Beth's photos. That led me to her blog, which lead to a couple months of blog-stalking (oops sorry Beth, I had to confess!), followed shortly by an e-mail from me expressing my interest in working with her and to make a story short, here we are today; regular text buddies, meeting in person to discuss our shared love of weddings over Starbucks and to bring together our visions for this shoot in two weeks. To think we have so much in common, have been living only 20 minutes from one another and even graduated from the same arts institution is most likely a sign we were meant to be friends. Life's funny like that.


Beth photographed Meg and Grayson's wedding at St. Gabriel's Terrace in Toronto, Ontario. Meg is one of the most stunning brides I've ever seen; she has such a fab retro glam look. And Grayson isn't too shabby either :) Their purple-hued affair was loaded with personal touches (her veil? handmade by the bride's sister) and little details to represent their relationship (like the handcuffs adornments to celebrate Grayson's resent career achievement of becoming a police officer). Beth's niche with her art is really showcasing a bride - and groom - in a light that highlights their absolute best on their wedding day. To capture them in a way where they can look back on their photos and say "Wow, is that really me?" I think it's safe to say you did just that with this wedding, Beth. Scroll down for more loveliness, my blogettes! 


Remember how I said Meg was totally gorgeous and oh-so glam? And remember how I said Beth prides herself on capturing timeless and drool-worthy portraits of her clients? Check this stunner out. What a beauty. I love her giant structured bun and beautiful makeup. I wish I could post all of the incredible portraits of Meg, every.single.image is spectacular and perfect.


How sweet is the lace wrapped through the shoes and tied in bows?


And there's her veil. The one her loving sis made for her!


Meg and Grayson decided to do a first look so they could get lots of portraits done with just the two of them prior to their ceremony and reception. With a first look, there's less of a rush between the ceremony and party so brides and grooms can take time to enjoy their wedding day and guests rather than worrying about getting the best shots. How lovely is this moment between the soon-to-be newlyweds? We did a first look at our wedding; what are your thoughts on this? Did you do one or are you planning to at your wedding?


OK I have to comment on how fierce the bridesmaids look in these next few photos. I loved having my girls wear LBDs for versatility, comfort, affordability and I wanted their distinct shoe choice to really stand out. But these long purple frocks are so dreamy and lovely. Check out the shoulder detail that totally coordinates with the bride's gown too. Tied in with the rest of the purple decor and statement pieces placed around the reception (how gorg are those white floral pedestals) this wedding is so pretty.


 Build Your Own Pasta Station? My kind of wedding for reals.


And they lived happily ever after!


Thanks Beth for the fabulous feature. I heart your work but most of all I heart you! I am entirely grateful to have met you and really cannot describe how talented, sweet and passionate you are. Any couple who hires this girl is very lucky to have her as their photog as your guaranteed to get not only downright-gorgeous photographs but you'll score a vendor who you're sure to call a friend.

Hopefully everyone is settling back into their routine after a nice long weekend holiday. I am so thankful that you are all  sticking around here on my little blog when I've been a bit MIA lately. I spent some time in Michigan with Apb for the past long weekend and turned off the laptop for a few days which was a must-needed break from technology. As a result, I'm a bit swamped with this shoot and wrapping up the end of the semester at work but there are more goodies to come here soon, I promise! Enjoy your night, lovelies xo

23 Lovely Comments:

Rachael Sedory said...

Omg I die! This wedding is yummy and that last black and white shot of the couple is incurred!

Liesl said...

This is oh so glam indeed and I love it! Those black and white pictures of the bride close up with her mini veil is stunning! Oh and yes, the bridesmaids, are fierce! :)

Love how you ended up meeting and becoming friends with Beth...see, you just never know!

The build your own pasta station is awesome...who doesn't love some carbs, I know I do! LOL!

Beautiful post, Rhiannon, as always!

Liesl :)

P.S. I am still planning on posting my "Dear Santa" blog post tomorrow! :)

its simple love said...

This wedding is spectacular! What stood out to me were the shoes and the purple stripe details in the decor. This is one gorgeous wedding.

Rachael

♥peachkins♥ said...

wow! everything's pretty!

Michaela said...

Beautiful!! I love her one strap on her dress. That's what I would want for my wedding dress, too!

Lou said...

Wow - these really are so dramatic. I love her make-up and the dresses are perfect. It has that timeless style that I think everyone strives for on their wedding day. Hope you are well Rhi my sweet...love Lou xx

k said...

If that is not the prettiest wedding, I don't know what it is! I want to get married again!! her dress and shoes are so gorgeous...

April of Smidge Of This said...

We are definitely going to do a first look for our May wedding and I can't wait for those intimate and sweet photos!

Thanks for sharing those gorgeous pics. That veil is so pretty!

Truly Smitten said...

Gorgeous! I want a wedding redo!

Ashley said...

the shot of her and the three bridesmaids is striking. so lovely.

and to answer your question, i don't think i am a first look kinda girl. but maybe that will change when the big day rolls around.

good luck digging out from all your emails and work!

Unknown said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! I could look at wedding photos all day long, especially such fabulous weddings as this one.

I love the "First Look" but unfortunately, we're skipping it for our wedding. We have 2.5 hours between our ceremony & reception so it simply makes sense to use that time for photos, while the time before the ceremony is reserved for getting ready & relaxing with our bridal party.

Anonymous said...

I am sooooo blessed to know Beth & call her a friend.

To say she is talented is a massive understatment.

All the pics are mad rad obv. but one of the greatest things is that she captures the feelings, emotions and souls behind the present moment be captured.

Take for example the one of the bridal party where they are standing close & two of them are holding hands & all have fierce looks on their faces. It emplifies the bond the group of them share and how it can never be broken. They're sisters till the end.

She is soooo fab as a photographer, but most of all as a person. She truly loves everyone that comes in contact w/ her & only wants their best & to give them her best & come as close to perfection as possible. She cares, not just about her work, but the people in front of her lense. W/ Beth there is no such thing as a "bad shot" cause she won't let it happen.

LOVE YOU GIRL!!!!!!!!
XoXoXo<3

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

What a beautiful wedding! Oh I swear, whenever I am over at your blog I always end up jotting down a thing or two that I would like to have in my own wedding someday. =)

Rhianne said...

gorgeous gorgeous wedding!

Meg (The Bride) said...

It made me so excited to hear from Beth that you had blogged about my wedding of all the other amaZING weddings you could have used!

Your compliments and appreciation of how much work went into planning our wedding, made me smile :D Thank you so much. I am seriously so honoured by this post and all the sweet comments that have followed.

To anyone who is looking for a wedding photographer. . . CHOOSE BETH!! She will take your vision of your wedding and ensure her pictures demonstrate exactly that vision. Your pictures seriously are the best wedding investment you can make so please do yourself a favour and choose someone that will give you the photos you will be bragging to your great-grandchildren about!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I want her makeup artist to come to my house! Her eyes look amazing!

Sara Lee Bentley said...

Stunning photos and the bride and groom are both gorgeous and happy looking!

Thanks for entering my GIVEAWAY! :)

becca said...

So spectacular!
Glamorous in every way.
Is the bride a model?
Jeez...

Morgan said...

Those wedding shoes are amazing!

Dreaming of Palm Trees said...

Wow, wow, wow, what an absolutely gorgeous wedding & bride. My heart melts!

p.s. you have reminded me to renew my Stella perfume! :)

xoxo,
Dreaming of Palm Trees

Sarah said...

Her shoes are so beautiful!!

Mikelle Jade said...

Oooh! I love seeing all these pictures! I am getting married in the Spring and need lots of ideas, I love seeing photos of every aspect of the wedding!

Unknown said...

What an incredibly stylish wedding....so many details, so well thought out.....wow!!!

Gorgeous bridesmaids dresses too....and the bride is stunning.

Happy Monday Gorgeous :) xx