Scrabble-Inspired E-Session by Lemon Fresh Designs


One of the loveliest parts of having this blog is connecting with vendors who contact me with interest in featuring their work on Hey Gorgeous. I feel incredibly honoured that people take pride in having their work upon my site's pages and especially feel honoured when those people happen to be from my own neighborhood. When Mary Clarke from Lemon Fresh Designs Photography sent me over this super sweet couple's engagement shoot I naturally became overly excited. Not only are Nicole and Pat an adorable couple with a special kind of love but they did their photo shoot at Paletta Mansion, the same venue Apb and I got married at. There are so many rad textures and little nooks on the mansion's grounds for photos (You rock Mary!) it's hard not to find inspiration everywhere you turn. Read on to check out all of the goodies.


I love this shot of the trees with the shadows and sunlight streaming through. The cool thing about Paletta is although there is tons of stone, wood and textured detailing around the mansion, the property also backs onto Lake Ontario and sits on a huge plot of trees and stretches of greenery. This venue is so gorgeous in late summer when all of the leaves turn their pretty colours (I have proof from my own wedding photos, which I promise I will show you all soon :)


Lola is the couple's adorable dog who also came along for the photos; what a cutie! And Pat and Nicole actually met and started dating while going to University in London, Ontario. For nearly five years the two have been together eagerly awaiting their summer 2011 wedding. I don't know about you, but I absolutely love reading about couples who have the patience to wait a few years before making the commitment to say 'I Do'. There's something so romantic and true about the love that grows in a long-term relationship before a sparkly is placed on anyone's ring finger, no?


Oh yes, and I'm a sucker for a creative ring shot so you know I love this Scrabble letter set up. What a sweet idea for a sweet couple! Good luck with planning your wedding Nicole and Pat and if you're engagement session is any indication of your wedding, I know it'll be ah-dorable. Hurry up summertime so you two can get married already :) To check out more of Mary's beautiful photography and the rest of Nicole and Pat's e-session check our her fun blog. Hope everyone is having a lovely week and keeping warm in this freezing cold weather. Much love xo

15 Lovely Comments:

theUngourmet said...

The scrabble tiles are such a fun idea. These two make such a sweet couple. :)

Unknown said...

This is just lovely, what a cute couple :)

Jidhu Jose said...

beautiful

Unknown said...

i love the ring on the scrabble tiles too . . . so fun & cute!

becca said...

Aw, sweet.

I love it when people really, really know each other well before marriage :)

Ashley said...

there is a couple that i am friends with here and they have been dating for 6 years and no ring yet. june 2011 will make 7 years and i have a funny feeling the guy is still not in the ring frame of mind.

thats some relationship stamina for you.

Tash said...

Oh this is an adorable e-session! Love the scrabble tiles and Lola :)

ali v. said...

positively IN LOVE with this love-filled post. incredible shots--and I'm a sucker for Scrabble and their purple attire :) great photos! thanks for your comment on my blog! xoxo {av}

Marcie said...

Stunning! I love the happiness in their eyes. Great idea too!

M

Anonymous said...

Good Morning, Miss! I stubbled upon your blog this morning through Nola Girl's blog... I actually clicked on it because your blog is titled "Hey Gorgeous" & I thought, I need a pick me up & that sounds like just the place for me... & it was. I tried emailing you, but well... My computer is being difficult this morning! Thank you for sharing these beautiful pictures!

Liz said...

This is so cute! I will never get sick of little scrabble messages and chalkboards. Love!

k said...

These are such pretty pictures!! I love that their dog is in them - I don't get fam pics taken w/o bamalama :)

Sarah Larsen said...

I love these! I have a serious love for scrabble letters.

Micaela said...

what GORGEOUS photos!!!

and i looove that they incorporated lola! :) awww

Mary - Lemon Fresh Designs Photography said...

Thank you so much for sharing this! It was a pleasure to photograph Nicole & Pat. And I loved reading all the wonderful comments from your readers!