Featured {Dish Magazine}

A few months ago, I had the pleasure of working with a Sheridan College student, Jenn McBride. She was working on an article detailing how to wrap pretty Christmas gifts (my kind of girl) and wanted to see if I was up for an interview. Word on the street is she found my blog and liked what she saw. When I was told wrapping some test gifts would be included in the equation I was sold. Crafting? Presents? A hot glue gun? You can count this girl in. After a quick trip to Michaels and an afternoon wrapping session, I am so excited to finally see the photos and corresponding article! Here's the front cover and some of the inside pages. Thanks Jenn for the wicked feature and promoting Hey Gorgeous :) 


To wrap your holiday gifts like I did, all you need is some brown Kraft or UPS paper, tape, a glue gun, your favourtie ribbon and any other pretty adornments, ornaments, pinecones or whatever else you can imagine atop your gifts. Try assembling different combinations or ribbons and trinkets overtop of each shaped box before assembling and be sure to let glue dry before adding on the next piece. I used some silk peonies and twine for one of my gifts and loved how rustic and organic it turned out. Happy crafting my blogettes xo

11 Lovely Comments:

Lilacandgrey said...

i am obsessed with gift wrapping! Almost as much as the actual gift!
Great feature doll!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! Congratulations on the fabulous feature! xx

Wendy said...

I love using craft paper! So simple and so easy to dress up in MANY different ways!! Beautiful packages!!!!

Megan // Honey We're Home said...

That is so awesome! Congrats to you:)

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

I love how you combined craft paper and some sophisticated elements like the silver ribbon and flowers - so lovely!

Debbie said...

How fun! Congrats.

April of Smidge Of This said...

Lace as ribbon, LOVE!

Unknown said...

ahh! love it! so proud :)

xx

Unknown said...

Oooh, you are so clever....I love it! And how cool to be featured :) xx

Ashley said...

that makes me want to sing:

"brown paper packages tied up with string!"

gorgeous work!

k said...

they are SO pretty. send me a gift? it can even just be empty :)