Facelifts. The Hey Gorg Way.

It's here, it's here, its here! And I am so very excited to present to you all, the new and very much improved Hey Gorgeous blog. Next month will mark two years since I created this blog, and one year since I started Hey Gorgeous as a wedding-styling dominant place for inspirations. As I launch my business, begin to book clients and become more confident in my blogging style and my work, I knew a new, personalized look would be the right move to make. Three cheers for being fearless, right?

Here's what the site looked like before the changes. It was nice and simple. But lacking a little pizazz.


Then I came up with this as my first shot at a design. But it didn't feel 100% right. Something was missing.


So I made a few more changes and now the design is lovely, welcoming and representative of the qualities I hope my blog and business will portray to others. I created the mock up in photoshop making sure to create a design that provides multiple ways for readers to find what they are looking for. Whether it be photos from our own wedding, recipes and diy projects, information for submissions or past posts, I want readers to know where to find things quickly and easily. I also wanted to ensure the layout was user-friendly, clean and simple thus my horizontal navigation bar still remains and an additional bar was added along the top right hand corner for more ways to get in touch with me or to find needed information.

I owe a huge thank you and cyber hug to Lindsay over at Lindsay Nicole Design Studio. She is the coding master behind installing my new design and working out all of the technological kinks. She was extremely patient, kind and helpful throughout the entire process, which I have to hand it to her, is incredibly admirable considering my indecisiveness and tendency to send way too may e-mails. Once I sent the jpeg design to Lindsay she went above and beyond just installing what I made and added a little flair to the template. I highly recommend Lindsay to anyone looking to improve and revamp their little piece of the blogosphere. She also has a blog called Busy Thoughts which includes tons of helpful advice, tips and tutorials for blogger users so be sure to check it out! Thanks Lindsay, you're incredible!

Lastly, you'll notice I have two new sponsors (exciting, let me tell you!) and a pretty pink ribbon button that will sometime in the next few days link to the new Hey Gorgeous Events webpage. I'll have more information on all of this very soon and cannot wit to share it with you. Without all of you, blogging and sharing my goals, dreams, trials, accomplishments and ultimately my life, really wouldn't be as meaningful and fulfilling as it is. Thank you doesn't being to express what your friendships and support means :) Catch you all later, blogettes! xo

23 Lovely Comments:

Natalie said...

It looks gooorgeous! I love it! Congrats on all your exciting new changes!

ali v. said...

ohmyheavens! it's absolutely gorgeous, my dear! I'm impressed! yay for new sponsors too :) xoxo {av}

theUngourmet said...

It is absolutely gorgeous! I love every bit of it! Congrats on the sponsors as well. xo

k said...

It looks SO SO pretty!!! I have my head around a new design also, just have to figure out how to do it!

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

it looks so so pretty Rhi, congratulations and best of luck, I highly admire you for following your dreams xo

ASHLEY said...

it's perfect!!!! SO VERY GORGEOUS! YAY!

Tiffany said...

You are such an inspiration! The blog is fabulous...just like the blogger ☺ Hope your business expands and grows into everything you want!

PearlsAndGreenTea said...

It looks beautiful!! I really love it!

jiye
pearlsandgreentea.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the two new sponsors! How exciting!

I absolutely love the new look of Hey Gorg! It's flirty, romantic and whimiscal. It's GORG! :)

LifeBegins@Thirty said...

I love the new design! Elegant, whimsical and pretty all at the same time :-)

Natasha said...

congrats dear blogging friend... so happy for you on this next adventure--big things in store, i just know it!!

April {April Foster Events} said...

It is gorgeous! Congrats - can't wait to see the website :)

Lauren said...

The new blog looks stunning! Congratulations, what exciting things you have coming your way!

christine, just bella said...

Oh my! It truly is 'gorgeous' - that word gets used a lot around here, doesn't it? But it is so fitting :) I love how it's still clean and simple but with that extra something.

Anonymous said...

It looks really great! I love how whimsical it is! :)

Alisha said...

Lindsay is really good at what she does! Rhi this is beautiful!! I liked your page before, but now?! Wow! Really really good :)

You're gonna make it big SOON! Keep it up.

April of Smidge Of This said...

Congratulations on a beautiful and chic layout ... it is perfect for you! Your blog is already a treat to read, and now it's even moreso.

Bri said...

Beautiful layout!

Ashley said...

rhi, you've done it again. this is beautiful, classy, fun and totally you.

hip hip hooray!

annelise said...

Approved. :) It looks great.

Francis Family said...

I'm jealous! I love it!! This is something I would like MY blog to look like. Simple but so tasteful and unique! Great job darlin!!

Jesse {GoodGirlGoneGlad} said...

So pretty Rhi, just like you! Congrats girl!
xx

Lori said...

It is beautiful ~ I love it. xo