Dreamy Michigan Beach Wedding by Harrison Studios


I think I've finally nailed down my favourite aesthetic and colour palette when it comes to weddings. Vintage hues, simplistic yet lovingly-created details, show-stopping gowns, handmade touches and adorable, clearly in love brides and grooms. Sigh. I came across this wedding via the ever fabulous Ruffled and when I read that the wedding was in Grand Rapids (where Apb is from) and that the newlyweds went to Michigan State which also happens to be my Alma matter, I knew I just had to share the gorgeous images by Laura and Ben Harrison of Harrison Studios, with you. Even though some of you have already seen this wedding on Pearls Events blog (I've seen a few of you guys in the comments section!) scroll on to soak it all in again. And let your heart melt, blogettes! P.S. That dress? It's a blush colour. And it's a Vera. And it's absolutely perfect. 


What an incredible memory to have of your first look. I get goosebumps when I see these photos.


Dear Liz and Chris, please have this photo made into a canvas. Yours Truly, Me.


I can't get over that dress. I hope you wear it to bed at night, Liz :)

Over at Ruffled, Liz talks about how her and Chris had little time to devote to planning their wedding because they were both full time students trying to concentrate on their studies. I can completely relate to how she must have felt because not only was I a full time student during Andrew and I's entire 2.5 year engagement but we were separated by 13 hours thus making any sort of planning endeavor entirely difficult. Regardless, Liz was a smarty pants and hired an event planner. And I am sure she is oh so thrilled with her decision; her wedding was incredible. Now on to a few details :)


I'm going to say it again; but that dress is unbelievable. And the cake. The cake is unbelievable.


And a little dancey-poo to wrap up the night. Head over to Ruffled to catch all the details about the day including a list of the fab vendors involved. And Liz if you are out there somewhere you have got to get a hold of me. I feel like maybe we sat in on the same classes at State thus making me that much cooler to sort of 'know' you. And I have searched facebook and bridal registries looking for you but could only find you on Twitter! Shoot me a message girlfriend! And everyone else, have a lovely Wednesday afternoon. Thank you all for your feedback yesterday and opinions. They were definitely needed and appreciated. xo

32 Lovely Comments:

Mariel Torres said...

everything about this wedding is absolutely stunning!

Natalie said...

The pictures of their first look made my cry, his reaction is precious! And her dress is just dreamy. Loved these, thanks for sharing them!

christine, just bella said...

ugh. dreaaaamy indeed.

xxShivvyxx said...

I love the first look photos! We don't do anything like that in the U.K. as far as i know and first heard of them on your blog...to be honest i thought they were weird until i saw these photos!! He looks so sweet!

I love love love the dress as well and you're so right about that photo on the beach - it would make a great canvas!

xxx

Kerry said...

OH MY GOD! What an incredible wedding - this has to be my most favourite that you have ever shared. Every single bit of it is absolutely perfect... and what a gorgeous couple! :)

Pink Champagne said...

How GORGEOUS! Why am I not surprised that this stunning gown is a Vera? Swoon!

SewSweetStitches said...

The way he looks at her! *swoon* I want a re-do wedding hehe

Michaela said...

Her dress is literally stunning. I thought I wanted a mermaid, but this style is really up there now! Beautiful!!!

Amanda* said...

Absolutely dreamy!

Brooke T said...

wow what an amazing first look! SO SWEET! and we can definitely be buddies! I'm so in love with your blog :)

Felicity said...

Of all the many, many weddings I've seen featured this year I have to say that I've become totally smitten with this one.

The clincher?
Chris turning around to see his bride for the very first time.
Heart turning, gorgeousness.

Thank you for sharing, it's but a spring in my step today,

Felicity x
www.giftsofserendipity.com

Victoria | Hibiscus Bloem said...

Gorgeous Gorgeous Gorgeous dress.
Wonderful photographs. Love this.

ASHLEY said...

Beautiful Wedding!!! Love that dress!!!!!!!!! Happy Wednesday Rhi! XOXO

Whim Wham Life said...

Thank you for your sweet comment:-) What a beautiful blog you have! Oh goodness. I think I should get into the wedding biz somehow, it's too much fun looking at all of this "pretty." xoxo

Megan said...

my mouth dropped at these wedding photos. which does not happen often. That dress...i think im drooling. OBSESSED with it..and the shoes..and omg the cake.

LOVE LOVE LOVE.

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

oooh I love the expression of the groom when he sees his bride, so really sweet!

Anonymous said...

I am in love with that dress. I always imagined myself wearing a mermaid style, and not a big poufy thing, but I dunno after seeing this gorg Vera gown!

The groom's expression in the first look pics totally made me tear up. That was truly adorable!

Liesl said...

These dreamy, romantic, blush and bashful colors are exactly what I want at my wedding...so soft and pretty!

Liesl :)

Anonymous said...

So dreamy and romantic, I love it!!

Alyssa said...

Absolutely adorable! Love the dress, love the everything!

Alisha said...

Beautiful showcase hon! The first sight is SO precious. Her dress is amazing (and she's super pretty too)!! I love all the small details. She definitely did a wonderful job planning while still in college.
xoxo

Unknown said...

That wedding dress is DIVINE! I could barely look at anything else because I was so transfixed by the dress!!

Michelle @ Ten June said...

Absolutely gorgeous. If they don't put that photo as a canvas on their wall, I will! Ha.

As I was reading this, I sighed and said to myself, but outloud, "she always has the best weddings" and my husband said, "well how many weddings has she had??" Ha ha! Um one, honey, I was referring to her inspiration photos!

Marcie said...

WOW! Stunning location, colors and her dress! WOW. I love the color, jewels and frill!

xo Marcie
PS- stop by for my L'Occatine giveaway.

Lesley Rials Napper said...

That dress is TO DIE FORRRRR.

Rachael Sedory said...

Wow, these images are absolutely breathtaking!

xxShivvyxx said...

Thank you for commenting on my blog Rhiannon it made my day :) xxx

Unknown said...

The look on the groom's face is just wonderful :)

Her dress is A-MAZ-ING!!! And those Badgley Mischka shoes are some of the most beautiful shoes I have ever seen, GORGEOUS!!

This is such a pretty wedding, fabulous!! xx

Ashley said...

i am not a ruffle kind of girl at all, but i am swooning over this dress! wow!

Scientific Housewife said...

Very beautiful!

Anna Elder said...

amazing. the top on that dress is just to die for. the shoes and the cake...ahhh. hope you got some good opinions on the blog design. i think it looks great!! i also think just having the same type helps keep it consistent. :)

Victoria said...

I want to get married again so that I can do all of that for my wedding!