Getting Ready {The Girls}


My dress. Le sigh.

After an incredibly busy and somewhat stressful morning the day of our wedding, I was more than happy to finally sit down, champagne glass in hand, make up brushes doing their thing across my cheeks. As I sat there eyes closed, face being transformed, I tried not to let my mind go a mile a minute about the things that were happening. People were in and out of the bridal suite with questions for me, my bridesmaids were running around helping Amanda grab different details for photos, I had my girls open their gifts from me and Andrew's mom and sister even popped in once my gown was on to see how I was feeling. Although everything was such a whirlwind that day, I loved being with my girlfriends and my Mom during that hour of girly prep time; there was a sweetness in the room and a sense of excitement that only a bunch of females could possibly create on an afternoon of someone getting married.

{The Details} My wedding gown was Diana by Enzoani and was my one huge wedding splurge. I actually found the dress almost a year and a half before our wedding via a bridal magazine and remember thinking how much I loved the gown and how unique the floral sash was; how could I possibly find out where this dress was being sold? Fast forward exactly one year before our wedding date and a friend called to tell me that the dress, my dress, was in fact downtown in my hometown's bridal shop's window. It was meant to be. I went that day by myself to the salon, made them take it off the mannequin, tried it on, knew it was the one. Thanks to my incredible Dad we had the gown paid for within a week. I had the lace straps removed as I thought the straps made me look shorter than I really am (I am 5'1). My veil was a fingertip lace-trimmed beauty that was a last minute purchase when I realized I loved it much more than the bubble veil I previously purchased. My shoes were ivory t-strap heels with a ruffle down the front of each shoe. Except last minute I changed my mind and decided to wear a pair of old silver-gray closed toe shoes that in my mind were more comfortable and competed less with the detail on my gown. My earrings were from a kiosk in the mall and they cost $30.00. In an effort to not compete with my wedding rings and my dress. I opted to not wear any other jewelry or accessories. 


My plain old shoes. Cost me $45.00 when I originally bought them a few years ago.


Here I am helping my gorgeous Mom get in her beautiful purple-hued dress. Her gown is actually a Jessica McClintock wedding gown that's made in a purple as well as a white. She scored it for under $100.00 at Neimans and it fit her spunky and fun-loving personality to a t. Plus she worked very hard to lose a lot of weight in the months leading up to the wedding so having a gown to show off her hard work was definitely a necessity :)


I found the mismatched Mason jars for the bouquets at a vintage flea market and used shipping tags to label each vase for each one of my four bridesmaids. Their bouquets consisted of ivory Vandela roses and white ranunculus tied with champagne coloured ribbon and ivory lace. My bouquet was made with the same flowers but also included my favourite, a few cream-hued garden roses. To add a little sass and tie in with the sash on my gown I bought black satin ribbon and a thick banded lace to have tied around my bouquet. In memory of my Nan I had a silver vintage hummingbird pin added to the stems of my flowers. In this post I talked about how I asked my Mom to be the only one who helped me get my dress on; and how it was one of the best decisions I made that day. I then had my girlfriend Emily help tie my sash and my girlfriends Jenna and Melissa help me fasten my veil into my hair. The bridesmaids wore pearl earrings, pearl bangles, cocktails rings I gave them as gifts and black cotton halter dresses from J. Crew which were on sale for $99.00. I asked each girl to wear a pair of black shoes that they loved most and that they would be comfortable in. I didn't want things to feel stuffy, over-done or too traditional. And I wanted my girls to have dresses they could and would wear again. 


My sweet Dad seeing me for the first time that day all dressed up as a bride. I just adore him! And come back later this afternoon to check out a post written by Andrew. He talks all about what dudes do to get ready for a wedding and surprisingly it turns out they do a lot of the same things us chicks do too :)

What was your favourite part of getting ready on your big day?
P.S. If you haven't would you please be so kind as to vote for me over on The Lovelies?! 

35 Lovely Comments:

Unknown said...

So beautiful! Hmmm my fave part of our big day was walking down the aisle watching my (then future) hubby with a tear in his eye. Will never forget that moment.

You are stunning Rhiannon!

Unknown said...

Pssst just featured your wedding on my new blog!

Felicity said...

You have taken my breath away.
You, the dress, you Mother, the special, special details.
I'm loving every part of this and can't wait to read about what the boys got up to!

Biggest hug, Special You!

Felicity x

Selma @ Crazy Little World Of Mine said...

Absolutely beautiful! :) So wanna read what the guys were up to... ;)

Ivory Wedding Shoes said...

Did you photoshop the pictures ? Or the bride is just insanely Gorgeous, hehe I think it's the latter. :)

You look like Jessica in America's Next Top Model 14!

Comgratulations ^_0 wink wink

Ps The grey shoes is okay, but Ivory Wedding Shoes are better.

Wendy said...

I think (and I'm not just saying this to score points or make you feel good) that you are one of the most beautiful brides I have ever seen. As far as your dress - Le sigh is right. Congrats!!! :)

Lindsay said...

I don't think I'll ever get sick of looking at pictures from your day. So stunning. I love the gray shoes!

Scientific Housewife said...

Gorgeous photos!

Rachel said...

That dress is TO.DIE.FOR. I really could listen to details of your wedding all day long! You look beautiful :)

Jenny said...

WOW! YOU and your Mom look gorgeous. I love everything!

k said...

You are stunning! And holy cow, that was your mom???? I thought it was a friend. I hope I look like that when I'm a mom!

Brooke T said...

you are so gorgeous and your mom looks really good in her dress! I love those mason jars too! I can't wait to scour the thrift shops and flea markets..wanna come? ha

and to answer your question, we have to wait until we find out where Mr. Charming will be stationed before we can set a date but we are hoping in October!! Cross your fingers haha

Tonya Peterson said...

I love these. Seriously your mom is still smokin hot! No wonder your co cute! I love you wedding, and you are right...the dress was SOOOO worth it!

LB said...

You and your dress are both absolutely beautiful!!

living well said...

Your dress is gorgeous!!! Looks like a beautiful day - and a beautiful bride of course!!!!

Ashley said...

FINALLY! I've been waiting forever to see these pics. Love them so much. Look how happy you are!

Whim Wham Life said...

Stunning! Awww, the Dad/Daughter pic gets me good:-) What precious and beautiful memories! xoxo

Kerry said...

Girl you looked absolutely stunning (I think I've told you that before, but you deserve to hear it again haha). And your Mom and her incredible dress - WOW! (also... I've voted! You deserve it!)

Unknown said...

I'm loving the wedding recap so much already! You were stunning & your dress was gorgeous!! I was just looking at my wedding dress today & wishing I could wear it again ;-)

Tash said...

Rhiannon you are gorgeous!! And how stunning is your dress?! Thank you for sharing these precious moments leading up to your "i do's". I'm off to The Lovelies now my friend.
Natasha xo

B said...

I'm so glad that you found my blog so that I could find yours :) You were a STUNNING bride. Love love LOVE your blog! have a good evening!

Liesl said...

Oh how I love your blog and reading all the lovely details from your special day! Love that you went with more comfortable shoes...that is going to be so important I think for my wedding! Love how you put the bridesmaid bouquets in mason jars that you labeled with their name...so crafty! You, your mother and bridesmaids are just beautiful and I love how you had that time together before the ceremony and wonderful pictures to capture the moments!

Liesl :)

Erin said...

oh my gosh how gorgeous!!! you look stunning (and your mom looks fabulous too!!!) i can just feel the excitement! :)

christine, just bella said...

That short little number is amazing!!

Jesse {GoodGirlGoneGlad} said...

Love all of these photos Rhi! You are a stunner! And your mom is a hottie too! =) What a blessing to have such a close family!

{The Perfect Palette} said...

love this post, so many amazing details.

Kelley @ Kelley Maria said...

You looked so stunning! Such a dreamy dress :)

PS - Voted for you on The Lovelies! Good luck!

Michelle @ Ten June said...

Ummmmm.... your dress. Wow.

I BLEED PINK said...

All of the details are so lovely, and that dress, man that dress!!!

The Single Nester said...

I love all of the photos you have shared. Best wishes for a joy-filled life!

Michaela said...

Girl, you are simply stunning. All these photos are amazing. Your dress is beautiful and your hair is perfect! Oh my goodness!!! I love the mason jars, too (:

XO

Alisha said...

Your pictures are absolutely beautiful, and you look AMAZING!!
Can't wait to see/read more! You're helping me relive my day too :)
xoxo

Nicole-Lynn said...

Your dress is STUNNING! Love it, love it, love it. It looks amazing on your 5'1 self too! :) The bridesmaids, your mom, and dad looked so genuinely happy for you too!

Blair McLeod said...

so glad you got your dream dress. it seriously looks soooo perfect on you! did you get it preserved?

you and your mom (and all your girls)are stunning! you most of all.

Anonymous said...

hi Ill be getting the diana dress but I wanted to know if your dress color was white? Because Im trying to see if I get it that color. Thank YOU!