Our First Look {Part I}


Andrew and I decided to do a first look. Although we never really discussed making this decision we just sort of fit it into our timeline that day. My thoughts were not only will a first look provide our photographer with a chance to get some photos of just the two of us, but having that time alone with Andrew would be unforgettable, meaningful and special all neatly bundled up into one pretty package; and it was. I request for him to have my bouquet in hand so when he turned around we could trade off and I could gift him with a custom engraved watch I had purchased for him as a surprise wedding gift. As I tiptoed up to him on the terrace of our venue, I felt a type of nervousness, excitement and quietness in my heart and belly that I'm not sure I have ever felt before. I knew all of our guests were inside peering out the various windows and doors anxiously awaiting Andrew's expression once he turned around, but the experience of seeing my groom for the first time that day is complete indescribable. Funny enough, as soon as Andrew turned around all I remember saying is "Hi" in a really low whisper, like I was afraid someone would hear us and impose in on our private little moment. As if projecting my voice any louder would make the moment seem any less perfect than it was. For the first few minutes we stood there unable to look at anything else around us, conversing back in forth in quiet whispers remembering to breath and let it all soak in. I remember shaking a little too. Shaking with anticipation as I told myself over and over again, 'This is your wedding day!' And just like that I knew I was the luckiest girl alive.

Stay tuned for Part II this afternoon!

31 Lovely Comments:

Megan said...

that dress with that sash is KILLER. im totally obsessed.

xxShivvyxx said...

I love the photo of you walking up behind him! You look so excited like you're creeping up trying to surprise him! xxShivvyxx

k said...

goosebumps!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

every part of your wedding is the stuff dreams are made of!

Leslie said...

That is so precious!

Unknown said...

i wish we would have done a first look. absolutely love how excited you both are. and you my dear, looked sooo gorgeous and completely in love

Amber said...

This is breathtaking! It's my first time stopping by your blog and I'm in love! Also love your event planning site. Looks like you have so much talent and ability! :)

Wendy said...

Oh my gosh, I love the expressions on your faces! Priceless!

Brooke T said...

oh my gosh I almost cried. I can't wait for my wedding day. You are both too sweet :D

Scientific Housewife said...

That is so cute!

ASHLEY said...

So sweet!!! You guys are so cute!

Sara said...

Sooo cute!

Hayley said...

I love your dress! This is a gorgeous idea too, I love reading your wedding posts it seems like you had a magical day any dgirl would dream of :)

{The Perfect Palette} said...

you are so adorable!! love your dress and your hair. such a cute first look

Anonymous said...

so glad i discovered your blog today in the midst of these GORGEOUS wedding photos! congrats...i can't wait to see more!

xo,
joAnn

Holly said...

so beautiful, your dress is gorgeous, with your cute facial expressions it totally looks like it fits your personality!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! What a special moment to capture! I love how the viewer gets to see you tip-toeing upto him and just the two of you sharing this moment together! You both look beautiful and so in love! I also love the added flower belt to your dress!

Shana said...

I love that sash! You look amazing and SO happy! Beautiful beautiful beautiful!

Renee said...

The second photo of you is so cute! Beautiful photos!

Kelley @ Kelley Maria said...

So sweet! I love how you are breaking up sharing your wedding photos into sections...very smart! :)

Oh and about our similar nav bars - considering I love your blog and look at it daily probably had something to do with it! hehe. I hope you don't mind!

I BLEED PINK said...

Omg Girl I love this!!! I am totally stealing this idea for our upcoming wedding.

Natalie said...

So, so, SO sweet! I love this! We did a first look too and I completely agree with you-- such a good decision!

Jennifer Rose said...

that photo of you sneaking up behind him is great :)

Erin said...

you guys are the CUTEST!!!!!

Unknown said...

Soo adorable!

Wendy said...

I think you are living every girls dream. :) This post made me teary eyed (in a good way). You two are beautiful together!

Ashley said...

you have the cutest expression on your face!

Alisha said...

Incredibly precious. I love the whispering and intimacy of your first look. Those wonderful moments will be with you two forever! Thanks for sharing sweet friends.

Keeping post hon. People are getting wonderful ideas from your wedding experience. :)

Rhianna said...

I first saw your dress on this blog, before I saw it on yours: http://peacockfeatherevents.blogspot.com/2011/02/oh-my.html

I had no idea it was your dress till I saw it on your blog. It is really a gorgeous dress!

Nicole-Lynn said...

Love the kissy picture.. adorable!

Blair McLeod said...

love that picture of you sneaking up behind him! perfect!!

david accidentally saw me before it was time... i heard him slamming things in the bathroom... poor guy was so upset..