Our Wedding Details {Part I}


I really wanted to have a vintage vibe to our wedding and throughout the majority of the planning process did my best to stick to this vision. Yet, now that I've looked back on our photos I'm not sure if the whole vintage theme really fits the description of our day. To be honest, I'm not sure what description does. We had so many vintage colours incorporated into our day like pale greens, muted blues, soft oranges and dusty pinks. We had our fair share of weathered wood, framed chalkboards, lace and mason jars decorating our venue. But we also had bow ties, tuxes, a little sparkle, a little sass and a lot of sophistication. Essentially we had wedding style that sort of evolved into its own. If you had to classify our wedding into a category what would you go with? I'd love some suggestions!

Our programs from the ever-so-fabulous Michelle at Papertalk Press, sat in a teal crate my Mom keeps her magazines in at home. An old shutter I scored, was spray painted white and included a sign letting the ladies know that yes indeed there were flip flops for their tired dancing feet. The girls loved it - and me - for thinking of them and every single pair was gone before the dancing even started. The pink drink flags were the result of a quick DIY craft night and tied in with the gray and white straws which gave guests a couple different ways to "Drink in Style" as I liked to call it. The desk drawer I scored for 50 cents at a reuse center was painted by yours truly, re-knobbed and served as the official flip flop carrier.


You may remember this project and you may have also seen it on Ruffled's blog. I adored our seating chart and know that our guests thought it was a pretty nontraditional way of letting them know what table they were sitting at. Creating this structure and hand writing all of the shipping labels truly was a labour of love and team effort between my sweet neighbor Matt and I, but well worth the effort. Below is our signature drink sign written on one of the framed chalkboards I made. Mine was called the Perfect 10 and was a peachy concoction garnished with a candy peach ring. I scored a perfect 10.0 in college my senior year on the gymnastics team, hence the name for my drink. Andrew's drink was called The 19th Hole and was a mint flavoured champagne drink. Andrew has a deep passion and love for golf as does his Dad, which is how he created the name for his. 


When guests arrived to the ceremony location they were greeted with the above sign sitting on a Secretaries desk that I had painted and finished in a vintage white wash. In addition to to the teal crate of programs for them to take, we had a jar of pin buttons available for all of our guests, that read Team Bride and Team Groom. It was tons of fun seeing what button every guest decided to wear but I have to admit there were far more Team Groom buttons left in the jar at the end of the night :)


Instead of a traditional guest book we wanted something we could display in our home and always be able to easily look at. We had one of our favourite engagement photos made into a canvas and then had guests sign the canvas with words or encouragement and love. It now serves as the main focal point on our living room wall and beside it is the framed Love Illustrated artwork I gave to Apb for Christmas. If I ever had to save anything from our home, I'd go for the canvas first. It's incredibly special to us both. Here's a shot of the signed canvas as it sits in our little apartment now. Right along my 'popped up' leg is my Mom's note to Apb and I and it reads "So proud to call you both mine. Love Mom" I heart that so much and I'd say about once or twice every other day I find myself standing in front of the canvas reading the sweet and kind notes of love.


{The Details}
Shipping Tags - Staples
Girl's flipflops - Old Navy
Apothecary jars - HomeGoods
Custom canvas - Gallery Direct
Custom Coasters - My Own Labels
Birdcage card holder - Save on Crafts
Gray and White Straws - Can Do Chefs


And just to prove that you can't possibly do it all yourself: since I foolishly decided to run around all morning setting things up and directing vendors where to go, I actually forgot, to put Sharpie pens in the milk glass vases (in case your wondering why the two vases are sitting there empty). It wasn't until after the ceremony that my sweet Dad told me the pens weren't there and guests were wondering what to use to leave a note! Thankfully he went to my car for me to get the pens so guests could start signing away. 

Stay tuned for so many more posts like part II of our wedding details, the recap on our Dessert Dresser, all of the yummy bridal party portraits and of course the recap from our reception. Oh and if you haven't already won't you please please please vote for this little blog over at The Lovelies? I truly appreciate everyone's unwavering support and love and big hugs to all of you who have stood behind me. Also, I just wanted to let you all know that I've absolutely adored sharing our wedding with you this week as it's made me feel like I've gotten to celebrate a second wedding this time with all of my blog readers as the guest list. Hopefully all of the RBS+APB wedding overload has been somewhat enjoyable and useful for both the married, engaged and pretty-obsessed friends out there. Much love xo

32 Lovely Comments:

Liesl said...

You did very well for trying to organize and direct everything the morning of...looks FABULOUS!!! I always like the signs and chalkboard idea and planned for flip flops and wraps since my reception will be outside...we shall see! :) Loving your engagement picture as a print...that was one of my favorites from your pictures too, but they all inspired me to get some lovely shots of my own! Your details are just too lovely for words...I'm so very impressed!

Liesl :)

The Bonjour Four said...

simply perfect! LOVe all the details. amazing, amazing job!

Laura said...

I love it :) And it's so detailed! What an amazing job!!

Lou said...

Hello Rhi - I keep meaning to post on each of these fabulous installments and then another one pops up and I go to the next! These little details are what really impresses me about wedding planning these days. If I cast my mind back to 1999 when I got married, it pretty much was a few bridal favours and that was it. Or you relied on the venue to add touches. Fast forward to now and there is just so much scope for cute additions. I love how you describe your style as part vintage part sophisticated. It looks that way from the fabulous photos. Honestly it just looks amazing. And the flip-flops - inspired!! Lou x

Anonymous said...

So much prettiness! Love the flip flops! xo

k said...

I'm just dyin over here, I love it :)

It's A Love Story said...

I love everything!

Selma @ Crazy Little World Of Mine said...

Just perfect!!!!

Scientific Housewife said...

Everything looks great!

Kirby Margaret said...

I'm going to call your wedding vintage chic! ours will actually be similar to yours but I'm calling it classic with a twist. I might have to tell you about all my plans. it's going to be quite an affair and I'm working on all the details now so I'm loving this post. I have been enjoying reading about your wedding, probably as much as you have been enjoying writing about it!

xo Kirby

April of Smidge Of This said...

What gorgeous details, and I love that it was DIY. You did a fantastic job, Rhiannon.

Brooke T said...

I am obsessed of course! This is giving me so many more ideas I don't need but they are amazing. Our wedding is going to be like yours in a way that it doesn't really have a theme. It's kind of just vintage but modern. I think your wedding is super unique and I love it! I can't wait to see more of course :)

Leslie said...

I love all of your sweet details!

Series of Unseriousness said...

I love love love the canvas idea!! It looks so great, as well as all your other details. : )

ASHLEY said...

Everything is so perfect!!!! Love it!

Liz said...

I am loving all your recap posts! I especially loved the balloon release and ceremony posts :) I am such a cheeseball and love the intimate details. Thank you for sharing with us! Your wedding was so so beautiful, you did an amazing job!!

Unknown said...

Loved your details, my darling! So sad I couldn't be there in person! :(

MEGAN LAND
xx

Anonymous said...

First of all, I have to brag a bit...I met miss Rhiannon last night! And, she promptly told me I am her FIRST blogging buddy to meet. YAY! ANd, she is as sweet in person as her words on her blog. Her personality really does shine through.

It's been really special following along your wedding the past few months. Unfortunately, I started following you AFTER your wedding, but the recaps, pictures and details make me feel like I was actually there with you!

You did a fabulous job, and I can't wait to see how everything pans out with my gf's wedding coming up.

Kelley @ Kelley Maria said...

Every. Single. Detail. SO FABULOUS! You are awesome. I can't even pick out a fav because I love all of them. I have never seen the signed canvas before and I like it! :)

Unknown said...

this is absolutely amazing! I would squeeeeel if I was in attendance. gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!! love every detail. so thoughtful

BridalHood said...

Gorgeous - looking forward to even more recap posts!

Ashley said...

that engagement shot has to be one of my all time favorites!

Unknown said...

I can't believe you- the Bride!- set everything up that morning. WOW. Love the details, so sweet.

Megan said...

my gosh girlfriend....you did a FABULOUS job. SOOOOO much amazing detail. i am seriously impressed.

Unknown said...

Another great post, wife!! While a agree with you that the vintage title might not fit our wedding, I am pretty sure we don't even need to title it as it was perfectly us and I loved every part of it (minus the rain). Keep up the great work, I am very proud of you!


PS as long as you don't tell anyone else, I sometimes find myself standing in front of the canvas reading the notes too (with Chenko of course).

ILY
APB

milica said...

Andrew is the most mushiest, sensitive cat lova that I know. For this I am so grateful. Glad to call him mine!!!!

Anonymous said...

I think I figured out the "theme" for your wedding...

"victorian whimsical"

Yay / Nay?

Nicole-Lynn said...

So I find myself at work browsing your blog after months and months of neglect! So sorry girlie!

Loving the canvas.. perfect picture, idea.. everything. The straws and stirrers steal my heart. How sweet. We're also planning to do some drink stirrers and I can't wait until I get to that DIY project. Your flip flops were great too, and I'm sure your guests appreciated them!

SouthernBelleJM said...

I found you through Natasha's blog, and I must say everything is GORGEOUS. I'm now a follower and have starred this post for my own wedding in October;)

Blair McLeod said...

flip flops = genius!

love the chalk board.

so fun for you to be sharing all this with us!

georgia said...

oh my goodness rhi! your blog made me seriously want to fire my wedding planner and fly you over to CA to come help me plan mine! you are so amazing and fabulously creative!

Sarah Goodwin said...

Thank you for stopping by Daisies & Pearls. Your wedding was amazing! The details are so inspiring.