The Expert Files {Renting Vintage Furniture and Props}


Happy Wednesday everyone and welcome to another installment of The Expert Files! I am super stoked about today's feature from adorable bride-to-be and business owner, Amanda Reapsummer. A one stop-shop for Northern California brides seeking vintage-inspired wedding decor, her biz One True Love Vintage Rentals has dozens and dozens of inventory items ready to satisfy your vintage-loving heart. Amanda's love for old found items combined with her event planning background and her dwindling wedding budget is what really kick started her journey into collecting vintage treasures. After endless trips scouring flea market she figured why not rent out her collection of vintage treasures to save others from the headache of having to find pieces themselves. With that OTL was born and I have to say I adore her thinking! I sure could have used OTL during my wedding planning as a bride-to-be. That darling yellow ladder has left me feeling all warm and fuzzy inside. Read on my sweets!


{How can a client benefit from your services and what you have to offer?} There are two main benefits to working with One True Love Vintage Rentals when planning an event. First of all, you're going to save time and money. Our number one goal is to give brides a convenient and affordable way to add one-of-a-kind pieces to their big day. Secondly, it takes the stress out of your wedding day. You don't want to have to worry about renting a truck, transporting your rentals, setting them up and then returning them at the end of the night. Let us do that so you can sit back, relax and enjoy your wedding day!

{What types of items make up your inventory?} We have an extensive collection ranging from small decorative elements like skeleton keys and old medicine bottles to large furniture like tables and sofas. And many of our pieces are actually family heirlooms! My great uncles electric fan from the 1930s, my grandmother's coffee grinder and copper kettle, and my dad's wooden cathedral radio are just a few of those heirlooms. In terms of the items that are my fave, aside from my family heirlooms, which are near and dear to me, it's a tie between my teal coat rack and my yellow ladder. The coat rack was my very first purchase after moving to San Francisco and the ladder is a one of a kind beauty from Loire Valley, France. I just can't resist the fun pop of colour and character that they bring to a space.

{What are your main sources of inspiration?} My main inspiration comes from places filled to the brim with vintage wares like estate sales, flea markets and antique stores. What can I say, I love being surrounded by fabulous old stuff! I also get tons of inspiration from design and wedding blogs. I follow about 50 blogs and I'm constantly in awe of the beautiful ideas and images that I encounter daily.

{How can a DIY bride use vintage rentals to spice up her big day?} One True Love Vintage Rentals is a great resource for DIY brides who are looking to get creative and put their own spin on a classic. For example, maybe you have a fabulous homemade dessert table planned out. Why not use something like our rustic garden table or shabby chic vanity instead of a table to hold those homemade goodies? Or how about those guest favor bags that you spent weeks creating? Those would look great in our rustic wooden wagon. 

{How does the process typically work in terms of renting from OTL?} All of our inventory is viewable online and divided into categories so your first step should be to browse through our inventory and take note of specific pieces that catch your eye. Once you've selected your favourite pieces just e-mail us to reserve those pieces and send in a 50% deposit. Our rentals work on a first come first serve bases so the earlier you reserve the better! If your desired pieces aren't available we will add those items to your "wish list" and keep you updated on new inventory and cancellations. And what if we get in a new piece that you like better than the one you already reserved? No problem! Just let us know and your deposit can be used towards reserving the new piece. Photo concepts, design and styling by Esla Events and Leigh Okies Designs.

Here are some of the fabulous pieces from One True Love's inventory:


Thank you Amanda for sharing your insight and inventory with all of us! We can't wait to see how you incorporate your fabulous finds into your big day this September. Are any of you brides-to-be out there using vintage props and furniture in your wedding decor? For all of you married chicks out there, were they are pieces of furniture that you rented and used for your big day and how was the experience?  

18 Lovely Comments:

Little Miss Martha said...

I agree Rhiannon! I looked high and low for a vintage rental place... NOTHING! And the regular rental places look at you like you are crazy if and when you'd ask about those things! Love this!

HiLLjO said...

Oh I am loving all this luggage. I collect retro Samsonite bags so I'm weak in the knees with that yellow-lined goddess of a valise. That brown one, too... oh the details.

Mallory said...

um, i just discovered my dream job - amazing props!

charminglychesney said...

that is a unique business idea

Jennifer Rose said...

i love those chairs :D would love to have used some chairs like the top chair

Michelle @ Ten June said...

Oh my gosh- smartest business idea EVER!! Love this!

Alisha said...

These are the most beautiful photos! I LOVE all the colors, pastels and neutral tones. I think it's awesome that you only seek out those types of images to showcase.

And talk about a cool job. Great rental feature!!

xoxo

k said...

I didn't even know you could rent them!!

jacin {lovely little details} said...

amanda is a sweetheart and i'm happy to have met her last week. all brides would be lucky to work with her!

Naomi ♥ said...

Another great and informative post. I love the info. I have seen so many vintage props in weddings prior to getting married but it would have been a little difficult since I got married overseas but nonetheless, I wish I could have added some period pieces! I was on eBay last night trying to score some cake plates & apothecary jars...everyone had the same idea...I can't imagine what it would be like to score some furniture! XO

{The Perfect Palette} said...

Great post. So many fun props! I personally adore them all. How's a bride to choose? vintage props like these add such character to a wedding. Also provides for a nice conversation starter.

Michaela said...

Loved this interview. She's form Nor Cal-- Yay! I love the idea of vintage furniture rentals. Definitely going to do that to spice up my wedding (:

Marcie said...

Oh, yay! This is my favorite blog ever!! I am thrilled she is out of Nor Cal! I am using her for my next party.

xo Marcie

A Crimson Kiss said...

I'm dizzy from all the loveliness-what a divine way to spend your days, curating beautiful vintage pieces of furniture and decor!

Kelley @ Kelley Maria said...

Each and every one of those pieces are soooo beautiful! In love with vintage...

Nikki | The Ginger Diaries said...

These are gorgeous! I started collection beautiful vintage items like these since a few years. x

The Collection Event Studio said...

We love having Amanda as a member of The Collection! She is a treat to work with! Not to mention she is always on the hunt for new treasures!

Kate/MagnoliaRouge said...

What gorgeous things!! I wish we had hire companies like this in NZ!!! I'd take that chartreuse chair for my house though thanks very much :-)