Romantic Milwaukee Bistro Wedding by Avery House Photography


This right here my friends, is hands down one of my most favourite weddings to date. The minute I laid eyes on the soft, simplistic photos by Matt and Stevi, the masterminds behind Chicago-based Avery House Photography, I fell completely in love. On Tuesday, I briefly touched on the subject of branding, how important it is to build a brand and for me, how building my brand means showcasing weddings that best fit my styling and aesthetic preferences. And Rachel and Carlos had a wedding day celebration that couldn't better fit everything I love about a wedding and wedding photography; the most romantic of details, beautiful flowers, soft lighting and the most tender and pure form of love. I hope you adore the photos as much as I do. This right here, is absolute wedding perfection in my eyes.


Rachel you are stunning. Just stunning! And those purple things that look like leaves? Rachel informed me that they are actually strips of ribbon flipped underneath of the flower arrangements. So clever. I love.


I adore the photo of Rachel below smelling her bouquet. Canvas please? Admit it, that's what you were thinking too.


Happy Groom alert. Check it out.


{Carlos and Rachel's Love Story} I don't consider it much of a "love" story but I am very thankful for my husband. We met in August 2008 at a church I used to attend. I talked to a lot of people there so when he was a newcomer it didn't seem awkward to talk to him. We talked a few times but I never thought much of it. One evening I was checking with a few friends to see what plans had been made for the night. We decided to go mini golfing and called around a dozen people. The only person who responded back to come was Carlos. That meant it would be my two friends Gabe and Becky, who were engaged and Carlos and myself. I told them, please don't make this awkward for him since he is new. I didn't want him to feel like we set him up. As the night went on I realized how much fun I was having (and I don't usually have fun mini golfing, seriously). The four of us went to go get a burger and ice cream afterwards. Carlos and I ended up sharing two hamburgers (cheese and ketchup only, gross, I like the works), fries and ice cream. We all said our good byes and headed home. Not any more than 1 minute after pulling out of the parking lot, Carlos called me to ask if I'd like to go to the zoo the next day. Not knowing his motives, we had an enjoyable three hours together. Ever since out first 'dae' we hung out just about every day. Officially we started dating October 18th, 2008, got engaged five months later on March 31, 2009 and married on July 10, 2010. I couldn't have asked for it to happen any easier. I am still very in love.

{Advice to Future Brides} Leave enough time between the engagement and the wedding to be able to enjoy your relationship and life. You shouldn't have to feel stressed out because you don't have enough time to 'do life.' I had 14 months to plan and it was perfect. Remember to find enough pictures of the things you love and then narrow it down from there to decide what you want your day to be like. Stick to it and do whatever you can to make it work. I wanted three vases at each table and peonies in my wedding. My florist and I discussed the cost which was way too expensive so we made it work - she found a garden rose that looked exactly like a peony (I loved it even more!) and I went to six thrift stores to find 110 milk glass vases which averaged to to less than $1.00 each. I wanted a sit down dinner and I wanted the venue to match my wedding style (not a hotel with maroon carpet and blue padded chairs) so I looked around and found the restaurant. We paid for a food and beverage minimum, no rental fee. The food was tremendous! And worth every penny - taste, appearance, portion size, everyone was talking about the food (and still is nine months later). Set a budget. Decide up front what the most important features of your wedding are and make sure that is where your money is spent. Research the vendors you are interested in and make sure you meet with them face to face. It you aren't satisfied with them initially, find someone else.

{Fun Facts} I planned the whole wedding all by myself. No wedding planner. My biggest help was the binder I made. I wouldn't have been able to do it if I wasn't so organized. There are plenty of online resources for you to print off and use as budget helpers, vendor lists, etc. Also, the first time I saw my dress with the jacket, my veil and the pieces and my hair together was the morning of my wedding. I am thankful everything turned out well together. I also made sure I had enough money needed so I didn't pay with credit.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

Caterer and Venue: Lake Park Bistro / Photographer: Avery House Photography / Florist: Michelle Herman, Moss Floral / Photobooth: Mugshotz Photobooth / Cake: Stephanie Rauch, Cakes by Stephanie / Hair flowers: Fallen Sparrow / Groomswear: Mitchell Street Menswear / Hair: Eric of Norway Salon / Dress: Eva's Bridal Center / Stationary: created by the bride and printed through Vista Print

30 Lovely Comments:

Liesl said...

What a unique, square style ring she is sporting...so lovely!

Liesl :)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous bride--she is so tall!

Melanie@Unravelled Threads
Follow @UnraveldThreads on twitter!

Alexandra @ bWed Exclusive said...

Beautiful! I see why it's your favorite!

Bri said...

I'm from Milwaukee and familiar with Lake Park Bistro - it's such a beautiful place! I can certainly see why this wedding is one of your favorites =)

cindy* said...

so, so lovely and romantic!

HiLLjO said...

What a sweet wedding! I am in love with their faces!!!

Brooke T said...

oh my goodness GORGEOUS wedding! do you know where she got the flowers in her hair? I love them!

Nikki said...

I think it just became mine too. Even those copper salt and pepper grinders had me swooning ;)

Whim Wham Life said...

They are such an adorable couple! What a beautiful and ethereal wedding:-) xoxo

Naomi said...

This is a gorgeous wedding. I didn't like milk glass a few years back but then I fell in love with it last year. I love romantic and classic weddings and this one is just beautiful! Thanks for sharing...P.S. I love your blog...almost as much as I love peanut butter and chocolate together! xo

A Crimson Kiss said...

This wedding is just gorgeous-no surprise then that you love it! I think my favorite part is how happy they look-no posed, pouty photos, just two gleeful people in love. This is heavenly.

Brancoprata said...

You truly are blessed with a great talent to find inspiring and beautiful things!!! Thank you for sharing!!

Unknown said...

love the color of those bridesmaids.
also- she is adorable.
no wonder he's such a happy groom!

xoxo

Julie {love, julie} said...

this is a dream! I love everything about it!

Unknown said...

Sooo gorgeous, I love all of the details. The flowers are amazing too:-)

simplyvonne said...

omg these photos are GORGEOUS! makes me wanna plan for my wedding all over again :D

simplyvonne said...

btw glad you found me..just became ur new follower :)

christine donee said...

so stunning. I love it all.

xoxo
Christine
www.aquietdetermination.blogspot.com

Shana said...

Hello milk glass...I love you! oh the whole thing is just lovely!

jacin {lovely little details} said...

so simple and pretty!

Marcie said...

The colors are amazing! And I just love the white backgrounds!!

M

Abby said...

What a beautiful blog! What gorgeous photos!!

Lou said...

Hello - I think you are right about brand (of course) - you have to go with what you love. I am ridiculously selective about what images I use on my blog. This wedding is just so pretty and I agree - the bride is stunning. Lovely example Rhi. Lou x

Lilacandgrey said...

those 1st 2 photos are gorge!

{The Perfect Palette} said...

I like the addition of the white lines :)

Kirby Margaret said...

such a beautiful wedding! Love all the pictures and I've even found a few ideas to keep for my own wedding!

xo

Kristen said...

so pretty! she's a beautiful bride

Megan said...

Wow...just gorgeous!! I absolutely love her flowers!

Anonymous said...

I was at the wedding, and it was even more beautiful than the photos. It was outdoor, and there were so many butterflies! At the end of the dinner, we got to take a milk vase with flowers home. Rachel is beautiful.

Michaela said...

Love the color choices and all the beautiful flowers!