Friday Wrap Up


Another week has flown by and I can hardly believe it's March already. I have to work until late tonight, but this weekend Andrew and I are off to Michigan to look at new homes; because big announcement here but at the end of March, we are moving to Grand Rapids, Michigan! While it's going to be a bittersweet transition leaving the place that started to feel like home here in Chicago it'll be nice to move somewhere closer to home where my business can continue to grow and where opportunities for the hubs can continue to flourish. I'm also overly excited to get my own office space (can you believe I don't even have a desk right now?), a spare bedroom for friends to stay in when they visit and maybe, just maybe a balcony for some cute patio furniture. It's the little things in life right friends? I'll be sure to let you know what we find sometime soon, eeep! Photo via Kiss the Groom.

And in case you missed anything here this week:

{Monday} I shared this little gem of a project. And this one too. Two DIYs in one day? Yes please.
{Tuesday} This rad DIY Oregon wedding by Nate Broshot is proof rainy wedding days are magical.
{Pep-Talk} This week's Pep-Talk Tuesday was rather controversial. And it took lots of courage to write.
{Wednesday} We got married. And we had a lovely dinner. And then we danced. And I fell in love.
{Thursday} The prettiest bouquets I have ever seen in my life. And I've seen a lot of pretty bouquets.
{FAQ Friday} For all of you lost newly-engaged folk, this week's FAQ post may be helpful. Just sayin.

Anyone have big plans this weekend? Please do share, and lots of love to all of you guys xo

17 Lovely Comments:

Anonymous said...

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I was hoping for more home-cooked dinners and fawning over fancy, pretty things while you lived in Chi. :(

And, while I'm selfishly and silently screaming no (mainly because I want you to help me for my future big day), I am very happy for Andrew and you to start a new chapter in your life together.

Here's to making the next few weeks fun while you're still close!

Nikki said...

Little things? That's a huge thing! Congratulations. What an exciting time!

Good luck!

Megan said...

ah congrats and good luck on the mooovee!

and i may venture outside of the house this weekend. BIG.

Unknown said...

WOW!!!!! That is big news, you've only just arrived in Chicago!!!

Good luck this week-end :) xx

Caroline said...

CONGRATS!!!! XO!

ASHLEY said...

Congrats on the move! My good friend Meg is from Grand Rapids! It's so fun to house hunt!!

Mademoiselle Michael Blog said...

This is really big news! I'm really excited for your new adventure AND for your new office space. There's no doubt you'll be successful wherever it is you end up. Sending good energy and happy thoughts your way:)
MademoiselleMichael

Truly Smitten said...

gah! instantly cheered up from this gorgeous photo! Invite me over to your gorgeous MI home, k? =)

jacin {lovely little details} said...

congrats on the move! xo

Tash said...

Oh that's amazing news about your move and being a bit closer to home! Wishing you lots of luck and fun house hunting and yay, office planning :)
Natasha xx

natasha {schue love} said...

Love Grand Rapids...my grandparents live in Montage, MI and we always fly into GR. :)

Unknown said...

Congrats! And how exciting for you guys:-) And yes you need to get an office and a desk girly:-)

Enjoy your weekend! I'm meeting with a potential bride tomorrow, woo hoo! Also sushi tonight with friends, and brunch sunday. Full of eating:-)

Wendy said...

Oh, have a fabulous weekend of searching for your new home! I am so excited for you! =)

Michelle @ Ten June said...

Congrats on the move!! I hope you are having a blast this weekend- I LOVE house hunting :)

Lou said...

OMG! I stopped breathing when I read you had an announcement! You know me; always looking ahead ;-) I slightly jumped the gun! Anyway a move is fabulous and exciting and may I just say double OMG at the content of your blog in recent weeks? You have stepped it up to such a level - I am so impressed. I love it. I was away so missed your whole 'Lovelies' thing - I did vote once... You deserve all the success you get my sweet. I will reply to your lovely email separately - but for now - hello again and MWAH!! Lou x

Lori said...

That is not a little thing Rhi ~ it is big ole fantastic! Have fun with the house hunting ~ I am so excited for you. xo

Michelle said...

Congrats on the move!!! Also, I wanted to say a BIG thank you to you! You have given me so much inspiration for my wedding in October! I really love what you did with the canvas instead of having a guest book. I am really really considering doing that. Thanks again! Your blog is a daily read for me!