Ontario RBG Wedding by Rachelle Rousseau Photography


If you're just joining us now (why, hello there!) then you missed the fabulous engagement session from this morning, featuring this incredibly cute bride and groom. Melissa and Derek were married under a tent at the Royal Botanical Gardens in Burlington, Ontario (I've been there and it's amazing, for reals) and besides having a super good looking bridal party they had beautiful florals all arranged by the brides mother herself. Melissa is one of the girls that has a contagious smile and an aura about her that makes me wish we could just go for lunch together. Melissa, next time I am back home in Burlington, you me and Pepperwoods, alright? Rachelle can come too. Scroll on sweet friends for more fab photos from Rachelle Rousseau Photography.


Simply. Gorgeous. Some of my fave bridal shots ever.


That smile! What did I tell you? Completely contagious!


Priceless. Rachelle tells me that this was one of the most touching moments of the day when Melissa's Dad saw his daughter as a bride for the first time. The photos above are so sweet and moving. I think every father dreams of the day he gets to walk his daughter down the aisle, no?


Canvas. Please and thank you.


Some rad bridal party shots.


{Advice to future brides} Remember this day is for you and the groom, enjoy every moment of it because it goes by in the blink of an eye! As you are walking down the aisle, take a second to look at all of your guests looking at you (really neat feeling having all these eyes on you at one time holding their cameras) and if something goes wrong, don't stress about it, only you will know as your guests don't know every detail! At dinner, take a moment to sit back and look at all of the guests who have come there for you and your husband; it truly is amazing!

{Biggest Obstacle Planning} For me personally, it was handling the stress three weeks prior to the wedding discovering that we were double booked and our ceremony was in the wrong tent. Things have a funny way of working themselves out. If we didn't discover this by accident, it could have been a lot worse on the actual day, which turned out to be perfect.

{Fun Fact} Our limo forget to pick us up at 1:00 am which is something we laugh at now! Also, our photographer really broke out the adventurous, up for anything kind of mood during both our engagement session (spiders and all) and the wedding so we were up for anything on the honeymoon and we swam with sharks! And I am adding this in here myself, Melissa, but one of the couple's photos was awarded an Accolades of Excellence in the 2010 WPPI Second Half International Photography Competition. Check this out:


. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

Photography: Rachelle Rousseau Photography / Venue: Royal Botanical Gardens / Hair and Make-Up: Masion Fritz / Brides Dress: Rainbow Bridal / Catering: Pepperwoods / Limo: Mermaid Limos / Cake: Sweet Paradise

23 Lovely Comments:

Michelle @ Ten June said...

Goooorgeous! SO many great shots. The back of her dress is phenomenal! (PS. I just tried to spell phenomenal like four times, it took auto correct to get it right, ha!)

Brooke T said...

oh my goodness great photos and the bride is gorgeous!

jacin {lovely little details} said...

that hot dog pic is hilarious

Aleah + Nick Valley said...

What a gorgeous wedding. The imagery is so timeless and is breathtaking. I love the bride's look; she's just so happy!

Megan said...

you're blog makes me want to get married, again, and again, and again, and again, and again. and my husband is getting upset about it. because a. i want to marry him again x10 and b. he does not want to pay nor go through another wedding.

too bad husband. too bad.

Megan said...

can we say 10 year recommittment ceremony? apparantley not because i dont even know how to spell it

#fail.

whatever. still happening.

Anonymous said...

I love that bridal dress. the back is GORG!

PS the hot dog pic is pretty freaking funny!

Marcie said...

Stunning! I just love the red wall!

xo Marcie

Jidhu Jose said...

Romantic shots

k said...

she is, like, gorgeous!!!

HiLLjO said...

So glad to see the wedding after the engagement! Love how happy the bride is. It's like inside-and-out happy.

mallory said...

this may be the prettiest wedding pictures i've ever seen, and you know I look through TONS of them :)

Leah said...

I JUST realized you are from Burlington! My bf lives in Hamilton and has family in Burlington! I may just have to call you up for some wedding planning services in the near future :)

Unknown said...

Her lip color is AMAZING!! I want to know what it is! And I wish I would have had pink flowers :/ hah. just another mistake! ;) tehee jk!


MEGAN LAND
xx

Ashley said...

i've said it before and i'll say it again - I WANT THOSE PHOTOGS! Ah! Ridiculous. The back of the dress shot is amazing. And I am dying over the picture that won an award. loves.

Michaela said...

Oh la la! I adore her flowers and the sparkly rhinestones at the tips of the roses! Stunning! Great feature (:

Paper Moss said...

love the red wall photos... stunning!

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

Love the pictures in front of that bright red wall, gorgeous!

Spun Sugar Suite said...

The moment between the bride and her dad was wonderful, so lovely! Beautiful wedding!

Nikki said...

Oh my goodness the first photo made me laugh out loud! Loving that brides dress!

Cat said...

Crazy seeing these pics! I am getting married at the RBG and was visiting the venue the day of their wedding and saw the pic under the yellow tunnel. Neat seeing how beautiful they turned out! Love the red background shots and of course the one that won the award!!

Wendy said...

All of the pics are fabulous but, I must say I LOVE the last one ~ it seems as if they are the only two people in the world. Perfect sentiment for their wedding day :)

Kate/MagnoliaRouge said...

Wow.. she just looks stunning!!