Chicago E-session by Avery House Photography


Happy Monday my sweets! Here's to hoping you had a relaxing and fun-filled weekend enjoying the first few days of warm (or rather, warmer) weather. I myself had a busy weekend full of work work and lots more work but on the plus side I purchased a lovely gray tufted chair to accompany my new white lacquered sea saw desk from World Market. A huge thanks and high five to those of you who persuaded me to buy it via twitter because it made working all weekend a little sweeter; well that and the mini bottles of moscato wine the hubs bought me before he left off to start the new job. Two more weeks people. Two more weeks until the big move. Amen to that.

In other news, I have a little prettiness prepared for you today from my faves over at Avery House. They sent me this darling engagement session shot downtown Chicago and I have to say I have a soft spot for the photos. The hubs and I had our engagement photos done there last summer and the rad part about it is our photos look completely different than Kate and Jasons. That's the beauty of Chicago; it can be seen in so many different ways depending on the photographer and their unique style; my gosh Chi Town, I'm gunna miss ya. Enough of my blubbering though. Check out the cuteness and sweetness that is Kate and Jason. I wanna reach through the screen and give Kate a huge hug. And wait until you see her in her wedding gown this afternoon. You will just love her to pieces.


Adorbs right? And that copper wall is the coolest thing I've seen in a while. 


Kate, stop being so cute. And sassy. You're making the rest of us look bad.


{Kate and Jason's Love Story} Jason and I unknowingly shared several friends but never seemed to be in the same place at the same time, at least until one fateful February night at a local pub. As I've been told, Jason called dibs on me as soon as he saw me from across the room. After an introduction by a mutual friend, we spent the rest of the night laughing and singing alone to dumb songs and asking why no one had introduced us sooner. The next day I went to Jason's Super Bowl party and the following weekend I brought a sick Jason soup and movies. We've been taking care of each other, singing off-key duets, and laughing together ever since.

Check back this afternoon for their wedding photos and some advice from Kate you won't want to miss! xo

21 Lovely Comments:

Brooke T said...

This is beautiful! I love her dress and shoes..like LOVE them! ha

christine donee said...

making the rest of us look bad indeed! These are are stunning!

Alisha said...

Stunning. LOVE these shots. The lighting is absolutely gorgeous. I adore her dress!

Great feature, love!

Debbie said...

She is the cutest thing ever! And great photos.

Shana said...

I love that she changed her shoes and the copper wall is just lovley :)

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Can you do an engagement shoot five years after the fact? HAHA! Love her darling dress!

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

She is darn adorable...and that shot with their heads together from above is just so awesome and perfect! They are an absolutely darling couple!

Lauren said...

Love her little ruffle tiered dress and colorful flats! Pure cuteness!

Nikki said...

I love her shoe changes. Great idea!

Kelley @ Kelley Maria said...

Soooo pretty! I love Chicago!

PS - Your gray chair and white desk are beautiful! Nice choice. (I want).

postcards and pretties said...

adorable!! loving her dress!!

Lauren Caldwell said...

those photos are AMAZING!!! love her dress!

Lauren @ tickled.

Megan said...

Love these...she is just adorable! Her ruffly dress is amazing!

christine, just bella said...

ohmy, these are so beautiful and romantic. Chicago looks like a beautiful city :) And her dress is stunning!!

Unknown said...

What a fun place to take photos! I love that rusty looking metal wall, sooo fun. Happy Monday Rhiannon

Alyssa said...

Absolutely adorable! That metal wall is to die for and I love her dress. Simple love stories are the best too. Amazing photos! :)
<3 Alyssa

Kate said...

This made me smile! So happy I picked my ruffle dress after all :) Thanks so much Rhi & readers!

Piril Maria said...

Wish someone could take our pictures like this.



Love,
http://thebookness.blogspot.com

Felicity said...

I've actually worked backwards and read the wedding story first but c'est la vie, it's just a treat to see more of this wonderful couple and you're right Rhi I 'do' just want to reach into the screen and give her a great big hug.

Felicity x

PS On a completely different note but still celebrating the loveliness, I adore your new desk & would love to see your chair desk combo together. x F

Liesl said...

Gosh how I love these pictures...what a wonderful e-session! Every time I see pictures like this I get so excited for my upcoming engagement shoot this summer! What to wear, what to wear! ;) I hope you had a lovely weekend, Rhiannon and I'n glad you got to enjoy some warmer weather...I did too since I am in the NYC area right now and not LA!

Liesl :)

Ashley said...

aw. i love this. they seem so fun and i love the shot of them running up the hill.