Friday Wrap Up


Thank the glorious heavens. It's Friday. Did anyone else catch this incredibly stunning lavender wedding via Style Me Pretty this week? Sent in all the way from Australia (of course, they always have the most gorg weddings) every little detail was perfectly accented by the dreamy photography of Samm Blake. Don't even get me started on those lavender bouquets the maids carried too. I bet the air smelled heavenly all. flippin. day. long. I may have a new soft spot for the colour purple. And lavender. And Australia. Just sayin.

In other news, turns out Andrew and I didn't get the condo we put on offer in on two weeks ago (bummer) but are finally making the move to Grand Rapids, in just two more weeks. We found a little two bedroom apartment with a fireplace that will serve as our temporary home while we narrow down locations to build on. I've argued with him that it's neccesarry for us to build so I call wallpaper one of the walls in my office. Is that tacky? Or outrangeously cool? I think the latter. I've fallen in love with wallpaper these days. And in case you missed any of the gorgeousness around here this week, no worries. I've summed it up for you here. Lucky ducks!

{Monday} Dreamy light, incredibly photography and the best kind of love. Sigh.
{Tuesday} My not so professional but very valuable insight on branding yourself. 
{Pep-Talk} Thinking of removing someone from your wedding party? Read this.
{Wednesday} This week's Expert Files. Vintage Furniture Rentals. Enough said.
{Thursday} My most fave wedding to date went up on Thursday. Perfectly gorg.
{FAQ Friday} The spark notes versin on infusing personality into your big day.

Anyone have exciting plans for the weekend?

22 Lovely Comments:

A Crimson Kiss said...

That photo is a serious swoon.

I'm sorry about the condo, but this way you'll have complete control over every single dreamy aspect-and that is going to be one gorgeous house!

Have a wonderful weekend, darling!

xoxoxo, Lena

Kristen said...

I did not miss that feature, it was a gorgeous wedding! I'm using one of the pics on a future post even.

Bummer to hear about the condo, there's definitely something out there that will be perfect for you guys!!

Megan said...

oh my goodness i love those dresses and the lavender. and your face.

Liesl said...

Yes, I loved that lavender wedding on Style Me Pretty! So sorry about not getting the house...I know what a waiting game that can be, especially in a tough market! That said, congrats on deciding to make the move to Grand Rapids...a new adventure for you both! :) Enjoy your weekend ahead!

Liesl :)

Unknown said...

Those bouquets are so adorable!

Have a lovely weekend hun:-)

Brooke T said...

how about you move wherever I am ;) kidding, but that lavender wedding is gorgeous and light purple is slowly becoming one of my favorite colors!

Jessica said...

Love the photo at the top of the page. The purple is so beautiful and I love the flower choice.

In honor of our blogs recent birthday we are hosting a giveaway. Stop by and enter.

http://sunnydaystarrynight.blogspot.com/2011/03/birthday-giveaway.html#comments

natasha {schue love} said...

Sorry to hear about the condo! It just has to mean that there is something better waiting there for you! Happy Weekend! :)

cindy* said...

i share your wallpaper love! those bouquets are ah-mazing. seriously so simple and gorgeous.

Shana said...

Wallpaper is to-die-for! Have a lovely weekend :)

christine donee said...

Lucky ducks indeed - thanks! And is it strange that the moment I saw this photo I thought I smelled lavender? Hmm.....

Jennifer Rose said...

love those dresses :D so very pretty :D

hate wallpaper tho :/ such a pain to take off, especially if someone has just covered over the old stuff. painting is just so much easier for us to do in this house (first thing we did, painted over the horrible lime/snot green painted wallpaper)

postcards and pretties said...

I'm loving those dresses & bouquets. Sorry to hear about the condo.

Michelle said...

Now that I am a homeowner, I have taken a huge interest/liking to wallpaper. I can't wait to gut our two retro 50s style bathrooms so I can pick out pretty wallpaper to put on the walls!

The lavender wedding is gorgeous! My wedding will be purple, too!

Have a good weekend!

Candace said...

thanks so much for the sweet comment on my blog! i love your blog so much--it's makes me want to go back to my wedding day! if you ever need some pics of a spunky, young wedding, let me know! :)

happy weekend!

Jess said...

Oh wow, the lavender bouquets adds such a nice touch! Hope you had a good weekend :)

Naomi Goodman said...

Something much better is coming your way...and no it's not tacky to wall paper one wall. I have an image I just found online that I've kept to wallpaper one wall of my office. This image {which I don't mind sharing} was of an actual home office.

BTW isn't lavender just dreamy? The smell, the color, and the flower is all perfection! Have a great week ahead!

Piril Maria said...

This is pretty!



http://thebookness.blogspot.com

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

OMG that wedding is to die for! Those bridesmaid bouquets are beyond gorgeous! I hadn't had chance to seed it yet so thanks for sharing, sweetie.

Sorry you guys didn't get the condo. Better things are yetbto come :) xoxo

Josie said...

I'm so sorry about your condo, love! I'm sure you'll find something great. And I love this wedding... Those dresses are stunning!
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

Kate/MagnoliaRouge said...

That was one amazing wedding and those dresses are perfection!! Sorry to hear your condo fell through.. guess the perfect place is still waiting for you!

Ashley said...

2 weeks until you move! Yowza! And building? It sounds like Michigan will be home for you all for quite some time.

I love the wallpaper idea! With all your creativity, you should look into removable wallpaper. That way you can keep it fresh. I almost put some up in my little apartment. (I just kept finding other things to spend $ on!)

PS. Love the lavender idea!