Chicago Waterfront E-session by Simply Jessie Photography


This engagement session is so sweet. It's simple loveliness at its best and I am smitten with how adorable these two are with each other. Throw in a pretty dress, a darling pink hued headband and photography from fabulous Chicago-based Simply Jessie Photography and you've got yourself a recipe for the most perfect of love stories; and I mean it when I say this love story is good, like really good. Ashley writes so eloquently and her Love Story below is very much from the heart. It's no surprise that Phil proposed to her by reading snippets from his journal about his utmost feelings of love and admiration for her. Gah! I totally melt. Happy Thursday everyone!


{Ashley and Phil's Love Story} After the first few dates, Philip knew he wanted to start dating seriously. I was reticent to give my heart away so quickly but he was resolute in his pursuit to melt away my hesitancy. Being in my fourth year of medical school at the time, I was unsure of which part of the country I would end up in for my residency. I felt so safe, so secure in his love. He is my home. Within a few months, I fell hard for the kindest, most honest man I had ever met. Suddenly, I was deeply in love with my best friend. It was the most natural thing in the world, eight months after meeting, for him to ask me to become his wife.

{About Ashley and Phil from Simply Jessie Photography} Phil and Ashley are quite special. It's been a real treat getting to know them in front of the lens and just chatting about life stuff. As they sat across the table from Eric and I, it struck me just how sure they know they are about one another. They are comfortable, confident and seem to be relaxing into one another. I believe your heart recognizes when it has found the one that makes your heart sing. It just does. They got married in January at a Spanish monastery at sunset so we kept their engagement shoot similar with blue water and intimate courtyards. Phil proposed with this journal. He was reading to her about the first week he met her, and proposed by reading to her why he loved her. We finished on the shoreline of Lake Michigan that borders downtown Chicago right before all sunlight was gone. The colours on the water were so beautiful and in romantic hues.

20 Lovely Comments:

April of Smidge Of This said...

Insane. Beautiful couple, perfect backdrop, crazy-talented photographer. Love it so very much.

Holly said...

my fav is the one of them with the city & bokeh lights in the background!

Nikki said...

The city shot is gorgeous! As is the courtyard photos. Such a pretty shoot!

Unknown said...

sooo true. the heart just knows. (:

what an adorable couple! and these photos are gorg. totally perfect for heygorg

jacin {lovely little details} said...

i love her dress!!! such an amazing couple.

Mallory said...

Their story is so precious!

Michaela said...

So lovely. Peaceful and serene! Her headband is adorable!

cindy* said...

that floral dress! oh, i love it. not doing an engagment session is one of the (few) regrets I have from planning my wedding...I am thinking of doing a "year after" session though!

k said...

ooo chicago waterfront, that is pretty awesome!

jessica // union shore said...

beautiful!! these are awesome shots! loving the chicago skyline.. and i'm swooning over her floral dress! <3

Steph {bubblerock} said...

Really sweet!

Ari said...

Great post and a beautiful blog!

Megan said...

I think this is my favorite engagement session ever!! I mean, I think I always say that, but I really mean it!!

Irene said...

Oh, I love these pictures...usually most engagement sessions are bathed in sunshine...but these are clearly cloudy day pictures. AND I LOVE IT!
That's what you have to work with in the northwest and I think you have to learn how to create emotion with different situations.
Love the post as usual!

Alisha said...

The architecture of the arch is absolutely beautiful!! Love this e-session. Just love.

Diana said...

Gorgeous couple and photos. I love her floral dress.

Jaclyn Simpson said...

One of my favorite Simply Jessie shoots!!

Jessie said...

These two are as sweet as they look and a joy to photograph. We shot in the very very last drops of sunlight....

Jenn Gaudreau said...

Your posts always inspire me, but this one is just so moving. You captured their relationship so beautifully.

kelsey {las vegas wedding photographer} said...

Beautiful session! Her dress is adorable!