Intimate DIY Wedding by Onelove Photography


When I first opened this darling submission I almost did five cartwheels in.a.row across my living room carpet; and lemme tell ya, I have a really great cartwheeling technique. I blame it on the purple tones throughout this wedding, the sweetly made handmade touches and that adorable little pink hued cottage (which I need to live in like asap) all blended together to create the dreamiest DIY affair imaginable. The incredibly ah-mazing Sara from Onelove Photography sent this gem over to me and tells me that to ensure an intimate and warm celebration, Brooks the bride, selected a hidden, rustic Napa/Santa Rosa Bed and Breakfast as the venue and did most of the wedding day decor herself. Uhm Brooks, I don't think you could have done it any better than this. But that's enough out of me blogettes (like you're even reading this anymore), go frolic in the prettiness already. Happy a fabulous rest of your Wednesday everyone! 


{What were some important DIY elements?} Since our wedding was small and intimate we wanted to incorporate our family into our day. We both have family members that are no longer with us and we wanted them to be remembered as well. There are so many people that help you on your journey in life and allow you to get to a place of happiness and love. The 'family tree' was our way of honouring and celebrating those people, the ones still with us and those passed on. We got to go through lots of old and fun pictures, so did our parents and it was a fun project all around. Everyone seemed to love it at the wedding as well.

{Do you have any fun or interesting stories from your planning process?} Not so much any fun stories but I did start out with very high DIY expectations of myself, then quickly realized how much there was to all this wedding planning. So I spent a good deal of time cruising Etsy and found lots of fun touches to add (like the chalkboard candles, the paper hearts garlard, gifts, etc).

{What the most memorable moment from your big day?} I know I've said 'perfect' a few times already but honestly when Trevor and I talk about that day we are both still thrilled. It was a perfect day, I wouldn't redo anything. We talked about it and one of our favourite moments was during the ceremony reciting our vows. We wrote the ceremony together and tried to give it as much of ourselves as possible. So on our wedding day we were truly opening our hearts to each other and all of our family and friends. We also really had fun with the photo booth/guest book. The little props were so cute and everyone had a blast taking pictures and writing in our guest book! We did get a great tip from our fabulous photographer for the camera and album combo!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

Photographer: Onelove Photography / Venue: The Gables Inn / Hair: Salon Miel, Ledora Francis / Cake/Desserts: Ann Walker (personal strawberry shortcakes) / Caterer: Ann Walker / Dress Designer: Amy Kuschel / Floral Designer: Dragonfly Floral / Groomswear: J Crew and Converse / Lighting: JRB Event Services / Shoes: Dessy / Stationary: Wedding Paper Divas / Bridesmaids dresses: J Crew

{Wedding Paper Divas is an official sponsor of the Hey Gorgeous blog}

25 Lovely Comments:

Holly said...

I LOVE the paper hearts hanging from the tree! I'm going to bookmark this idea!

Nikki said...

What a cute little bungalow! Love the dress hanging in front of it. And now my mouth is watering at that caprese salad. YUM!

Sara said...

Brooks and Trevor are SO much fun and their wedding oozed with the relaxed love they share.

Lauren said...

Loving the frames hanging from the branches! Prettiness!

Alisha said...

This definitely made my Wednesday. Those purple tones are so beautiful! All of her DIYs are very unique. The family tree is one to recreate!

Great photography as well! Wonderful feature, love.
xoxo

Michaela said...

Wow! Beautiful. You know how I love purple (: Those little jars with chalkboard paint on them are truly adorable. xoxox

Alicia@CharityWedding said...

If I did cartwheels I would break both of my legs- but it might be worth it for this one! I LOVE that dress shot in front of that cute little house!

Debbie said...

I LOVE those shoes!

A Crimson Kiss said...

What an absolutely gorgeous wedding, and the most magical little cottage! Can we have wedding blogger meetups there?

J (SparklyLove) said...

This wedding is SO beautiful! I love the mustaches (fun fun) and that salad is making me hungry!

bailey said...

i just love purple!!! beautiful!

Unknown said...

The family tree is wonderful! I loved the photo of it & loved it even more when the Bride described it was a way to honor those who are no longer with them.

Unknown said...

Awww how adorable! I love the shutters, and the paper hearts:-) Fun touches, great feature!

Anastasia Marie said...

Such a darling wedding! I love the purple!

jacin {lovely little details} said...

could those two be any sweeter? and PS i will be stalking that cottage this weekend!

Claire Gallam said...

I'm loving those colors, they are so gorgeous and crisp!!

Emily said...

SO beautiful. I absolutely love these ideas. :)
x

{The Perfect Palette} said...

gorgeous, gorgeous wedding. I agree those purple tones are really special. I mean, just look at those purple flats, the plum colored door and even those shutters! I love when architecture can be coordinated into the overall look of a wedding. Kinda like the blue doors featured in today's palette. so FUN. that little cottage is adorable.

Katherine said...

those paper hearts are adorable! and this couple seems like so much fun :) beautiful images and a beautiful post!

Ashley said...

i love that shade of purple. it's definitely not over done. would we call it "fuschia"? I also can't believe that wedding was in Cali. The little cottage looks exactly like the ones that line the streets where my parents live, Pensacola FLA.

And I'd like to eat that salad.

Anna Elder said...

the house. matches. the flowers! omg. im about to die. and the photos hanging from the tree!! ahhh. i have to share that one with one of my engaged friends. amazing. this is seriously gorgeous!

Mallory said...

umm seriously presh! those little hearts are so perfect! that house is adorable. beautiful images!

Joanna said...

Beautiful DIY weddings like this one make me (as a future bride) feel encouraged rather than intimidated! Keep 'em coming, Rhi!

Liesl said...

I have been planning to display framed pictures at my wedding in some way and just love how they have a bunch hanging from the tree...such a lovely touch!

Liesl :)

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

So very beautiful! And I am sending this to my little sis...She's thinking of using these colors!