Looking for Help!

Hi Friends.  I'm having a bit of an off day. I really blew it big time on the preblogging this week. Between moving, some personal stuff, some more personal stuff and did I mention moving? I've sort of been up to my eyeballs in anything and everything non-work related. And with that I have no preprepared FAQ Friday for you. Which actually sort of works out for the best because I wanted to take this opportunity to ask you my fabulous readers for your help. I'm wanting to add a little substance to Friday's posts. And Tuesday's Pep-Talks. But I can't do it without the thoughts and issues of all of you. So I am urging, asking and encouraging all of you brides-to-be, newlyweds or professional wifeys (you know, the women who have been married for a while now) to email me your questions or dilemmas or issues on everything wedding, wedding planning, marriage and neting related. And instead of just a little measly seven-word question, I'd love to get a little backstory from the people who are submitting questions to me; you know so we can all understand where you are coming from. I'm not claiming to be a pro-fesh-cha-nal on any of these topics however, I think you guys really dig these sticky situation posts and we can all benefit a bit from relating to what others are going through. Oy! Ready set go! Be back later for Friday's wrap up. Promise that'll be a little bit better than this.

13 Lovely Comments:

ChristinaBakes said...

Don't worry, sweetie! You're doing so great with the blog, I think you're allowed a little slack in the midst of what we call life! We're all human. Good luck w/the moving.
As for suggested topics, how about tips on moving/packing/organizing since you've had to move so much recently? Or a post about registries?

Shana said...

I know the feeling. This week has been an unusual one! My poor little blog is just not very exciting this week! Yours on the other hand is always fabulous in my opinion. I do love your advice posts and will brainstorm some ideas and email them to you soon :)

Have a wonderful weekend

xoxo
Shana

Ashley said...

i have a good one for you! (it relates to me, currently) What do you do when you're the MOH and find out that the shower you are throwing is the ONLY shower the bride and groom get and your little ole budget can't support her huge guest list?

I am having that issue right now. I wanted to throw my sister and her fiance a co-ed shower in a backyard with games, beer, grilling, etc for our friends. But come to find out no one else is throwing her one, so now it's every immediate family member and friend within driving distance. i can't afford it. Eek!

Katelyn Burkhart said...

I've got one! How did you all know you were ready to get married? My bf and I have been together for 2+ years and moved in together with plans to get engaged this year... but now I'm thinking we aren't ready. How did you know it was a good time for you all to tie the knot and that your relay was up for marriage? Thanks, happy weekend girl!

Keri said...

My fiance and I recently got engaged and my questions are also shower related.

My mom is super pysched and can't wait for me to register. Is it okay to register early? She also really wants to be a part of it, but I don't want to exclude/impose on my fiance either. How can I include her in this process? Also, she wants to have my shower earlier than 2 months out from the wedding- I think probably to spread out some of the expenses, since she is funding much of the wedding. Is this okay and/or inconvenient for the guests? Also can you explain some shower etiquette? Gift opening, length of shower, etc. I just went to a 4 hour bridal shower which was really long and she didn't even open any of her gifts! I know some people hate watching people opening their gifts or think its crass, however, what else are you supposed to do at a shower?

I'm sorry if you have answered these questions before! I am a fairly new reader :)

HiLLjO said...

Rhi Rhi...

That is how my month is. Don't stress about how bigyour post is/if you have a post all the time!
We still love you sooo muches!
Good luck finishing moving!

Anonymous said...

Great blog! Could you do a feature on sharing finances after you are married. Joint accounts? Personal accounts? a bit of both?

Thanks!

Sylvie said...

I'd love to see more on smaller weddings. Like, really small. Less than 20 people, backyard style. That is my dream and you wouldn't believe how hard it is to find ideas and advice.

Happy weekend!

Caroline said...

Have a great weekend sweet friend!!! XOXO!

A Crimson Kiss said...

I'm here, I'm here!

And you have not been slackin' at all in the life department, which is so much more important than the blog. If you weren't doing wonderful things in the real world, you'd have squat to blog about, even if it was all pre-blogged.


I actually do I have a question I want to pose. My mama, arguably the most important woman in the world to me and someone who has always said she'd never plan my wedding, has been surprisingly and frustratingly hands-on about an event still faaaaar in the future (one day we'll have a virtual drink and I'll explain the whole story).

I suggest July and she tells me that simply won't work. I say brunch and she demands to know what we'll do with the cases of heavy, red French "wedding wine" my dad bought before I was born which days earlier she suggested we sell. I gush over jam favors, she counters with eclairs.

So here's my question: what gives? Are mamas genetically pre-dispositioned to interrupt, argue and generally disagree with their offspring when it comes to wedding planning? And if this is the case, how do I fix it? Or am I stepping in it without even knowing it?


Is that too long and rambling a question? We could also get into how to extract yourself from the Catholic service your future mother-in-law is planning for you in Texas...

Unknown said...

Hope the move is going well, it is so much work isn't it?! Until I got married I literally moved once a year since I was 18 (til 25!) my friends would just plan on a moving party every summer:-)

As far as questions to answer . . . I have a bride whose budget went from 12000 to 45000 ONLY b/c the mother and father are so opinionated about the wedding and are pushing her to do it more elaborate. And hey if they were paying than it's all good, but they are not, she will be :-( It's just sad b/c it's so much money. Maybe one post could be on how to deal with the parents and everyone's opinions about how the wedding should be . . . when the bride and groom are paying. It's tough!

Kirby Margaret said...

moving is a lot of work! I'm only re-organizing my place and I'm totally overwhelmed. I'm trying to make room for future wedding gifts in our teeny, tiny apartment.

the only issue that keeps coming up like vomit is children and my future MIL is the culprit. she feels that since my fiance was in and invited to so many weddings that we should a)invite all those people and b)invite their children. I've told her numerous times that our venue is not a good place for children to be running around(there is a skyway. do I need to say anything more?). plus we just don't have many children in our families. non of our siblings have children. so I guess my question is not what to do about the children issue, but how do I get my MIL to stop worrying about what other people will think? do I just not include her in the process??

xo

olche1sm said...

Can you leave some ideas about Bachelorette parties and thoughts behind combined parties?