Pink and Gray South Africa Wedding by Lizelle Lotter Photography


Sometimes I find these weddings that I think were made for me. You know, those perfectly pink, succulent-adorned weddings with a polka dot embellished cake and the most adorable bride I've ever seen (seriously, Helana, please can we be friends? I just adore you and your incredibly warm and genuine smile). This wedding hails all the way from South Africa, somewhere near the very far from here Cape Town but never fear, there are dozens of steal worthy ideas for you to pour over. And if you happen to be here just for the pretties, well then sit back and enjoy; this wedding will remain so close to your heart for the sheer loveliness and sweetness that is Helana and Rynardt. A giant thank you all the way over to the sweet Lizelle Lotter for sending these dreamy images, and oh, if anyone wants to send me a few blooms of that large fantastic flower that's in the middle of all the girl's bouquets (anyone know the name of this flower?) by all means go ahead. They'd look perfect on my coffe table. Garden roses look out! Rhi may just have a new fave bloom. 


{Helana and Rynardt's Love Story} Mmmm where to begin. Rynardt and I met at University. We first started out as friends, very quickly we just "clicked" and oddly enough we both had most or all of the same interests. The thing that drew us together was how our sense of humour was the same, and we had many laughs. (I think that is the greatest thing in the world that we can laugh together). Laughter is a very big part of our relationship. We chatted hours each day about all sorts of things, and later we became best friends who shared everything. We then started dating and soon after that I realized this is my soul mate and the rest is history;  I think it's the best gift that I could have ever gotten, to marry my best friend and spend the rest of our lives together making new memories. 

{The Best Part of Your Wedding Was?} There were so many things! The getting ready part was so much fun but the most fantastic feeling was when my father and I walked down the aisle and I saw Rynardt's face all my nerves went away and I was beyond happy! There were so many wonderful and fantastic things I remember but one thing I think we both enjoyed was taking wedding photos. It was so intimate and we had the time to ourselves to enjoy everything that just happened. It was so special. And it helped to have an awesome photographer like Lizelle, she is so great, makes everything so easy and  is so fun. Also, one of the most special things we had was the bridal car - it was the same car and driver my parents had on their wedding day 28 years earlier! That was very special.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

Photographer: Lizelle Lotter / Venue: Kleine Valleij / Dress: Lady Marmelaide / Flowers: Fynbosch Flora (Durbanville) / Wedding Favours: created by the bride / Cake: Nellie's Cakes / Hair and Makeup: Anna Pepper The Refinery / Wedding town: Wellington

43 Lovely Comments:

Lauren said...

OMG those bouquets! I have no words...

Lisa said...

Oh. My. Gosh. That cake, the flowers, their rings, the colors, her dress...completely stunning. Everything is just so beautifully done and unique!
Lisa

J (Sparkly Love) said...

yeah, obsessed does not begin to cover my feelings about the bouquets. stunning wedding!!

Spun Sugar Suite said...

Simply stunning! Every single thing, beautiful!

Katherine said...

I absolutely cannot pick one particular thing I love - there are just too many...beautiful, beautiful wedding!

Keri said...

oh. my. gosh. So beautiful.

Kristen said...

love their cake and bouquets, such a gorg wedding!

HiLLjO said...

Yup. That is Gorrrrgeousness.

Lindsay said...

Gorgeous! I love the colors. So romantic and the flowers were really cool.

Brooke T said...

*gasp* ha definitely one of my favorites! I love the lighting :D

Anna Elder said...

love the flowers and the kate spade like cake!! gorgeous!!

Unknown said...

Wow, WOW. I adore that perfect, pristine wedding cake. & those very cool bouquets. &, well, pretty much love everything!!!

Megan said...

This is a stunning wedding! Gorgeous photography! Love the proteas!

Alicia@CharityWedding said...

I have no words for this. Everything from the adorable children to that amazing cake to those bouquets are just gorgeous!

Tonya Peterson said...

What a lovely wedding. The details are amazing and the photography is wonderful! Love it!

Michaela said...

You feature THE BEST weddings ever. I know you're loving those flowers and colors, Rhi! (: So am I. Stunning. That middle flower is amazing, I've never seen anything like it! Her ring is precious. I may or may not have dragged that into a folder called "wedding" cause I love the look of it so much (:
Oh, as if that's not enough of me ranting about how much I love it, the location of the reception is perfect. I love the lanterns and lighting!

Swatchbook Weddings said...

I don't even know where to start w/ my swooning! Those bouquets, that cake, the ROOM, the Bride! WOW!! Thank you for sharing!

Unknown said...

the cake ALONE. and then all of the other details? they just blow me away. hello gorgeous.

Megan said...

I love the polka dot cake! That is stunning! The bride is gorgeous and her makeup is literally perfection!

Lou said...

Hello Rhi - now I am curious - where do you source these awesome weddings? This one - the bouquets especially - is lovely. I am always drawn to quirky bouquets. Mine, well it was full of Christmas roses, but I was in a traditional mindset then. If I had my time again, I would go with quirk. I think, frankly, there is a BIG difference between what you choose for your wedding in your twenties and what you choose if you marry later in your thirties. My friend was married a second time (first to a childhood sweetheart and it just didn't work out). In her first wedding, everything was super-traditional and like her Mum choose it. In her second wedding everything was super cool and like she completely choose it. Slinky dress by Suzanne Neville (I adored) and cool extras like having very British chips (as in fries) as snacks in the evening, with tomato ketchup (obviously!). So - there you go...Lou x

Lou said...

And P.S. That cake is to DIE for...

Alisha said...

Gorgeous all over the place! Her make-up is to die for. They are absolutely adorable together.

rebecca said...

never thought to put pink and grey together. so classy.

ASHLEY said...

I love pink and grey!! I love the flowers and the old car!! Gorgeous!

kelsey {las vegas wedding photographer} said...

beyond gorg!

Nikki said...

I LOVE those bouquets. The soft colors of the whole event area amazing!

Liesl said...

Oh how I adore reading about other people's weddings and seeing beautiful, inspiring pictures like these! Love the table seating display...I think I want to do something similar for mine!

Liesl :)

A Crimson Kiss said...

That CAKE! I'm glad I'm not the only one obsessed!

Jess said...

That bouquet is amazing! I have never seen anything like it!

The Wee Lass said...

Love, love, love that reception hall! This is so inspiring for my own future wedding day.

Blicious said...

stunning!!!!! simply perfect!

xoxo
b

jillian :: cornflake dreams. said...

ooo i wannnt that cake! so pretty! xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams

Kelly said...

Those little dots on the cake are such a small and simple detail that are so, so pretty!

Jenna Lee said...

That CAKE, those FLowers! The Venue! Her dress! Is this the perfect wedding! ITS AMAZING, creative and beautiful! I'm in LOVE

http://jennaleelac.blogspot.com/

Blair McLeod said...

you're right - this wedding is very much your style - chic and gorgeous!
xo

christine donee said...

I cannot get over how gorgeous that bouquet is. Unbelievable.

Ashley said...

the ring! the lanterns! the setting! perfection.

Kate said...

This is just perfection isn't it? I love Lizelle's work. The cake, those flowers, the tables.... all so very lovely!!

Unknown said...

I love proteas- they always make such gorgeous and different bouquets! Pretty pretty!

bAbYcAkEs!! said...

They are called Proteas as Chandra said...check it out!!

http://www.discoverprotea.com/

This is absolutely gorgeous Rhi....wonderful ideas for my big day!!! I may steal that cake!!!

xoxo Sars

Anna Pepper said...

The flower in the middle is called a PROTEA. beautiful isn't it?! :-) - Anna Pepper ( I did Helana's hair and makeup.) x

Megan said...

holy crap those bouquets are out of this world.

Rynardt said...

Yay!! Thanks Rhi for this wonderful feature of our wedding xxx Helana xxx