Puerto Morelos Destination Wedding by Nate Broshot


If you've been craving a little vacay, a little sun and sand, a little bit of fun in the sun then this wedding may just be the perfection addition to your Wednesday morning. I nearly squealed with delight when I came across these stunning images from the raddest dude ever, Nate Broshot. The colours of the water, the sky and the surroundings in Puerto Morelos, Mexico are the perfect backdrop to any destination wedding, especially when it's so tough to pack all those decor and prop items into your suitcase along with your wedding dress - mind you the exact same dress you will later be wearing when you jump into the pool with all your guests. Yup that happened at this wedding. Scroll on to catch all the canvas-worthy shots (uhm there are.so.many) and don't forget to read Sarah's sweet love story. Serious sweetness. For more fabulousness including one crazy garter shot check out Nate's post too. Rock on blogettes! 


{Sarah and David's Love Story} We have an amazing love story. In January of 2006 we met in the Portland Airport while we were waiting to board a flight. I was visiting a friend for the weekend and David was flying back to school in Boulder, Colorado (we were both raised in different parts of Oregon and home for winter break). We struck up a conversation in the airport then boarded the plane only to find that we had seats right next to each other. We talked the whole flight and when we landed, made plans to meet up for dinner. Our date was so successful that we called United and rescheduled my flight ti push out my departure by three days so we could spend more time together. It was amazing! By the time I left Colorado I was certain this was the guy I would marry. After more than five years together we still fall more in love everyday. Life is better when we are together. We went through a lot to be here and had to make a lot of leaps of faith but it's been so amazing, I can't even imagine what life would be like if we hadn't even met that day

{Advice to Future Brides} Don't get so caught up in the little details, or in what you see in the magazines and remember that it's not just your wedding and it's your future husbands wedding too. Choose things that are really important to him. Focus on making sure that both of you are happy about the big stuff and don't worry about the rest. If it's something you do together it becomes more fun and will bring you closer together. The process should be enjoyable and not stressful or miserable.

{Biggest Obstacle While Planning} Finding the right resort. You want it to be the perfect place for all of your guests. We tried to appease the friends who would want a social scene and the friends who were looking for a romantic destination. We needed a place that would keep a 12 year old busy and having fun, but could also keep all of our friends entertained. It was such a tough decision that I turned it over to my wonderful husband to choose and I only weighed in when he had narrowed it down to three potential resorts. It worked out great and ended up being perfect!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

Photographer: Nate Broshot, License to Still / Travel Agent: Beach Bum Vacation / Wedding Coordination, catering and floral design: Hotel Marina El Cid / Parasols: Oriental Trading / Menswear: Target / Bridesmaids Dresses: The Limited / Flower Sashes: J. Crew / Hair Flower: made by the bride's mother

27 Lovely Comments:

Aleah + Nick Valley said...

Wow! There is so much to love about this! It is entirely too lovely, timeless, and looks like such an amazing time! Love it!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Beach weddings make for such amazing photos don't they?!?

jacin {lovely little details} said...

those elephant placecard holders are adorable. and there's nothing more sweet than a barefoot wedding on the beach.

Laura said...

love the umbrellas and all of the different pics they took :) i can't wait til our beach wedding!!!

Piril Maria said...

A beach wedding, my dream too!! =) So good photos!



Love,
http://thebookness.blogspot.com

HiLLjO said...

Everyone's barefoot! AWESOME!

Fit With Flash said...

how GORGEOUS! love all the shots on the dock! especially the one of all the ladies. super mellow.

Brooke T said...

gorgeous wedding and I love her advice :) I also love how the photography used the sky in these photos :D

ASHLEY said...

LOVELY!!!! I really want a vacation now! Gorgeous bride!

Major Gal said...

my bestie just got engaged and as her MOH i'm helping her plan the destination wedding. i'm passing this post along to her for inspiration.

xxShivvyxx said...

I love all the bride and bridesmaid photos! They look like such great friends :) xxShivvyxx

{The Perfect Palette} said...

Love the photo of them sitting on the dock. Super cute with the parasols. And love her dress and the hair piece. So dreamy. Feeling so tropical.

Anna Elder said...

gorgeous! and yes, i need a dose of tropical vacation STAT!

Mini Baker said...

absolutely gorgeous. I'm hoping my wedding will make your blog in october! ;-)
xo,
mini baker

Michaela said...

What a beautiful wedding. Wow (: I'm in awe! I adore the photo's, the bare feet, and those "He" "She" signs.
xoxo

Claire Gallam said...

LOVELY LOVELY LOVELY wedding!!!!! Great pick! I have a soft spot in my heart for destination weddings.

Ashley said...

Their love story is so amazing. Very unique. Very romantic. Sara Evans the country singer actually has a song on her new album that is this exact story almost! The bride needs to hear it!

I love the shot of her holding hands with her bridesmaid. Love.

Sick by Trend said...

OMG! is like a dream! I want a wedding like this! Fantastic! I'm following!

Look my blog and if you like it, follow me

www.sickbytrend.com

xx

sBt

Nate said...

THanks for posting these photos Rhi. I wish Sarah, David or myself could have sent you an audio recording from their speeches that night.

The emotion and depth behind their love story is palatable in so many ways. It nearly moved me to tears. And it's a rare day I get emotional at weddings but I'm a big softie at heart, and it's usually once the groom starts crying that I mist up. Bah! The photos must go on!

Thanks!

Kate/MagnoliaRouge said...

Awww I love the story of how they met!! How amazing... that's fate at play for sure. And I wanna go to Mexico NOW!!

Unknown said...

I wanted to see the Bride & Groom jumping into the pool with their guests! Oh well, there is definitely enough eye candy here :-) Love the laidback photos on the dock!

Anonymous said...

I've been to A LOT of weddings and this was THE most amazing. My cousin Sarah was the most beautiful bride and the entire time was just fun, fun, fun. I missed most of the week due to a teacher's schedule, but the entire wedding crew could not stop beaming the whole time I was there. The resort was gorgeous and every detail of the wedding was awesome. I'm so lucky to have Sarah and David as my cousins and their love story always gives me hope when I hang out in an airport :-)

jordan said...

i am SO not a beachy wedding kinda girl, but this has me re-thinking a few things. obsessed.

Kelley @ Kelley Maria said...

Yay! So excited to see Nate featured again! Nate Broshot really is one rad dude. Sooo many great shots.

The story of how they met is so sweet! It gave me goosebumps :)

Sarah said...

Rhi,

Thank you so much for this lovely post (and to everyone for the sweet comments). Our wedding was amazing and our love story is my favorite story to tell. Nate was an AMAZING photographer and we were so lucky to have him capture our special day. To all you brides I wish you the VERY best wedding day and a lifetime of love and happiness with your significant others.

KK said...

This is so incredible to see my best friend's wedding on your blog! As maid of honor I can tell you that Sarah and David were THE most relaxed bride and groom ever and that sentiment really came through in the look and feel of the wedding. The feeling of camaraderie that we all felt after spending 5 days together made every person at the wedding feel connected.

My advice to aspiring destination wedders is to get your friends and family there early so they get to know each other. By the time the wedding came around, I had 30 new friends that I couldn't wait to get on the dance floor with (and Sarah and David paid for an extra hour of dancing because we didn't want to stop!)

My other advice is HIRE NATE BROSHOT!!! He was such a fantastic, friendly, and attentive photographer. I only hope that someday when I get married he won't be too famous to shoot my wedding!

Thanks for sharing my beautiful best friend's beautiful wedding!

Kelsey said...

This is so incredible to see my best friend's wedding on your blog! As maid of honor I can tell you that Sarah and David were THE most relaxed bride and groom ever and that sentiment really came through in the look and feel of the wedding. The feeling of camaraderie that we all felt after spending 5 days together made every person at the wedding feel connected.

My advice to aspiring destination wedders is to get your friends and family there early so they get to know each other. By the time the wedding came around, I had 30 new friends that I couldn't wait to get on the dance floor with (and Sarah and David paid for an extra hour of dancing because we didn't want to stop!)

My other advice is HIRE NATE BROSHOT!!! He was such a fantastic, friendly, and attentive photographer. I only hope that someday when I get married he won't be too famous to shoot my wedding!

Thanks for sharing my beautiful best friend's beautiful wedding!