Classic New York Wedding

The first thing I thought when I first looked through these beautiful photos was that the gorgeous bride is a dead ringer for one of my faves, Blake Lively. Then I laid eyes on the dapper groom, the incredibly large but nevertheless stunning bridal party and of course those beautiful bouquets, and I was head over heels in love with the classic simplicity of this entire celebration. Plus, when a bride wears a Vera Wang gown it's pretty much a done deal that everything else about the wedding will be nothing short of timeless. A huge thank you to both Christina Szczupak and Jacquelyn Poussot who captured Christin and Rob's big day so perfectly; I'm so thrilled to have you talented ladies over here on the blog today. Happy Tuesday, blogettes! 


{From the bride, Christin} Rob and I met in highschool through a mutual friend. We started dating, went to prom together and fell in love. We ended our relationship when I moved to South Carolina for college. Four years later, we were still in touch and Rob ended up coming over to my parent's house for a family party. It was as if our relationship had never ended and we haven't been apart since. On October 10th, 2010 we walked now the aisle and now I am happily married to my best friend. However, I would say the biggest obstacle while wedding planning is staying on budget. It was very challenging to finalize a guest list, find the perfect dress, hire a rocking band and choose a delicious cake without breaking the bank. It took a lot of research but in the end we were able to find great vendors at great prices.

If you have the time, try to do your favours yourself - it will save you lots of money and we had fun doing it! Do research before you go dress shopping. I live close to New York City and was able to find my designer dress at a sample sale. Don't go crazy with flower arrangements. We had small bouquets on each table with lots of candles. It was very romantic and elegant but also inexpensive. Don't forget to get a facial a week before your wedding and you can't go wrong with a good spray tan (Brazil Bronze in Soho is the best) and lastly, relax and enjoy the process. It goes by so quickly! One of our favorite parts of our wedding day was the after party. We were excited to still have more time celebrating with our family and friends. One of our good friend is a DJ who helped us throw an awesome dance party that lasted all night long.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Photography: Christina Szszupak and Jacquelyn Poussot / Church: Our Lady Mother of the Church in Woodcliff Lake / Reception: The Tuxedo Club / Florist: Stephanie Landsdale, Floral Expressions / Band: Groove Train / Invitations: Yes I Do! / Brides gown: Vera Wang / Tuxedos: The Tux Shop / Flower girls dresses: David's Bridal / Bridesmaids and Junior Bridesmaids dresses: Jasmine Bridal / Hair: Best Little Hair House

30 Lovely Comments:

Brooke T said...

Wow, what a beautiful wedding! I love the bridesmaid dresses AND the flower girl ones :)

Liesl said...

I love NY and I love this classic wedding! Her bouquet is pretty much what I am hoping for...all one, neutral color! So pretty! Love her story and think finalizing my guest list might be a tough one for me too and I agree on not going crazy on flower arrangements...lovely, helpful tips!

Liesl :)

Steph {bubblerock} said...

Oh wow... This is what I like: FRESH and SIMPLE... All you get to see is how stunning and happy everyone look... No froufrou, just happiness. It is beautifully captured. Love!

Michaela said...

Stunning. The bride is seriously gorgeous!!

Savvy Deets Bridal said...

So beautiful! I also love the bride's tips to do favours yourself, so true! This couple is gorgeous, and the photography is exquisite!

Colleen {Soundtrack To I Do} said...

What a gorgeous day. They are beautiful people! And the bouquets are stunning.

Megan said...

wow good looking couple and bridesmaids. that is an attractive wedding.

Keri said...

She does look exactly like Blake Lively!

It's A Love Story said...

I love the girls dresses!

Jenna Lee said...

Absolutely beautiful! Her Earrings are my favorite! The green dresses are AMAZING! Love this wedding! This is very close to what I want!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Beautiful....setting, bride, photography!
Love the emerald green bridesmaid's dresses - so lovely and fresh!

Sarah said...

Everything is so beautiful. Both the bride and groom, needless to say - a gorgeous couple. Love that photo of all the best-men and bridesmaids with the couple. Lovely. x

Kirby Margaret said...

wowwa! those emerald dresses are so amazing! I love the bold color the bride chose. so beautiful!

xo Kirby

Greer Loves said...

Gorgeous wedding! It has that timeless style to it, it will still be fab years from now!

Nicole said...

Oh, you snag the best weddings!! Beautiful!

The Frosted Petticoat said...

That dress is like butter!!! I wanna eat it!

J (Sparkly Love) said...

wow i love the reception venue! gorgeous. the brides bouquet is so simple and elegant. looks like it was an amazing wedding!

Spun Sugar Suite said...

This is absolutely beautiful! I love the green bridesmaids, fantastic pop of color!

Anna Elder said...

just loving everything about this wedding. gorgeous dress and bridesmaid dresses!

Anonymous said...

This wedding is so beautiful. I love everyone's dresses, gorgeous.

Naomi said...

I love classic simply beautiful weddings. This one is gorgeous. Her dress if so pretty...groom ain't bad on the eyes either! xo

A Crimson Kiss said...

What a stunning wedding-I can't resist a classic event. This just feels like a wedding that will always, always be beautiful!

Victoria said...

Such a lovely wedding, they look so happy!

natasha {schue love} said...

The green is so striking! Wow!

Carrie said...

This looks like it came straight out of a magazine spread. Beautiful.

Nicole-Lynn said...

Gorgeous! The bride looked radiant! Loved the bridesmaids dresses and jewlery too! The details.. ahh so nice!

BeeBeeBisous said...

I LOVE this. LOVE love love love love. Love.

krystal said...

this is such a pretty wedding, and green is my favorite color so those bridesmaids dresses are my fave!

Unknown said...

I don't know how you keep doing this, Rhi-pants! Every time I see another gorgeous wedding I just want to re-do EVERYTHING! lol

xx

Anonymous said...

what`s the name of the flowers in the bouquet?