My Office Redo {Part 3}


I have a confession for you guys. My office also known as Hey Gorg Headquarters (ha!) is pretty much done. Meaning I have an awesome new girl cave space to hang out in, do work in and if need be, have meetings with my brides in. I am currently waiting on a few more details to perfect the look and a custom framing order to come in but I have to say it's the cutest space in our entire apartment. I feel so at peace in my office and just love what the room represents to me. The cave will be getting her photos taken (yeah I referred to it as 'her') the first week of June so by the end of next month I should have some official photos to share with you. Here I thought I'd share the last little bit of progress I've made without giving away too much!


A few weeks ago Andrew tried to help me hang a white IKEA shelf on my pink wall. I really wanted the wall directly behind my desk to have a shelf and pretty print on it. However, due to how ghetto our apartment truly is, we found the wall bowed really deeply in the middle making it impossible to fasten the shelf onto the wall. So after I sulked for about two point five minutes I decided the shelf could call the gray wall home. See? Isn't my husband such a diligent girl cave helper outter?


So while husband worked on hanging the shelf, I got to work on unwrapping my newest office purchase; my two knock off acrylic cradle chairs from Overstock. I was pretty stoked to get these in the mail and couldn't wait to put them together. In my head they seemed like the perfect addition to my girl cave, providing a little bit of retro in an otherwise very feminine and soft space. They were $200.00 for the set and I thought they'd be great because I could clean them easily and if they needed to be moved, they were easy enough to put somewhere else.


But once they were set up, I wasn't really feeling them. They were too white against the rest of my furniture. And too plastic. And I hated how you could see through the base of them to where plugs and other things I would rather remain hidden would be (I am a cord snob and do my best to always hide them whenever I can). So while husband played with Yurchenko like a good Dad, I sat and tried super duper hard to make myself like these chairs because after all, they took a good hour to put together and no one likes having to return big purchases like this. I actually sat for about an hour stewing over my decision.


But I didn't like em. And couldn't make myself like em. So I rearranged the room. Switched the desk and lamp. Moved the bookcase. And tried to make the chairs work. I sat in the corner of the room trying to visualize everything together but yet again I was completely stumped on what to do; nothing seemed to work and nothing felt completely right. I didn't know where my tea cart would go now and I would still have the problem of my lamp cord being visible through the wire base of the chairs. My problem was starting to look like it wasn't a matter of where the chairs would go but rather, if the chairs should stay.


So any guesses what I did next? :) Can't wait for the big reveal so soon!

42 Lovely Comments:

Lou said...

Rhi - these are EAMES style chairs - they are a design classic!! Keep the chairs!! Honestly they speak to me. If you don't want them - ship 'em over here! L x

Natalie said...

Such a tease -- I'm dying to see the finished room! Loving all your little details so far!

Raquel said...

i wanna see i wanna see!! Looking very cute so far!

Holly said...

haha you are a tease girl! it's looking great, i'm loving the colors!

Claire Gallam said...

SO CUTE!!! Hmmm, what did you do next!

Erin said...

these are my favorite posts! so fun to have a peek into the transformation! :)

Michaela said...

I'm so excited to see the reveal!! I know it's going to be amazing (:

Karisha {Ruborosa Blog} said...

I'm guessing you painted the chairs, or something... How about some cute cushions? ;) Been following you for a while now, you are my go to blog every morning!

Rebecca said...

If you kinda like the chairs but worried about cords showing -Im a cord hiding freak too- then get some cord hider things (dont know their technical name) but you can get them at Home Depot (near all the light fixture stuff), they stick to your wall and can be painted to color of your wall!!!

Free Pretty Things For You said...

eepp!!!
I cant wait to see it!! ahh your killing us here rhi!!!

Unknown said...

You little tease!!! lol I think you returned the chairs and bought new ones :) Tell me! Tell me!!

xx

It's A Love Story said...

YEa I really dont like the chair too! you should try a blue color chair ! I cant wait to see the room.

Kirby Margaret said...

wow! your space is really coming along! can't wait to see the end result!

xo
Kirby

Alicia@CharityWedding said...

Decorating is one of my absolute favorite things. I love how tiny changes can make big impacts in a room! I can't wait to see the finished product! Please come makeover my craft room.

Emily said...

oh, i'm so jealous! i want a girl cave :(

Emily
texasnj.dayeightmedia.com

A Crimson Kiss said...

I can't stand the suspense-it looks GORGEOUS, and I can't wait for the final reveal!!

Brooke T said...

UM! Is that a cupcake stand and the cutest caddy thing? oh my gosh I want to see the pictures NOW!

jacin {lovely little details} said...

love love love that little pink cupcake stand!!! excited about the reveal :)

Shana said...

It looks nice. It will be a lovely addition to your new business.

Nicole said...

Can't wait to see! That was a teaser. What a fun thing to do - to redecorate an office space!

jessica // union shore said...

i love those chairs!! lol

your girl cave is totally fab! i can't wait to see the final reveal.... i'm totally inspired and i really want to spruce up my space now... lol :-)

Jess said...

Whoo Hoo! It is coming together! Looks like you've had a busy weekend!

Unknown said...

Soooo beyond cute Rhi! Great transformation, can't wait to see the final girl cave:-)

Rorie said...

Awesome!! I love what you guys are going!!

http://imperfectobsession.blogspot.com/

postcards and pretties said...

looking good Rhi..cant wait to see the reveal.

Jesse {GoodGirlGoneGlad} said...

Can't wait to see the finished room! Loving all of your little touches so far!
xxxx

Megan // Honey We're Home said...

Those chairs are awesome! I can't wait to see the finished result!!

Truly Smitten said...

love,love LOOOVE!!!

natasha {schue love} said...

It's coming along so nicely!! Love the new chairs! :)

ChristinaBakes said...

Hmm...still no update?! The suspense is killing me, Rhi! :)

Liesl said...

Loving your office aka girl cave, Rhiannon...can't wait to see it finished!

Liesl :)

Greer Loves said...

Your office is looking fab! I can't wait to see the full reveal! I'm a sucker for before and afters.

Nicole said...

I'm so ready to see this pretty room!

simplyvonne said...

i like everything in it so far..cant wait to see the reveal!!!

Gloria said...

oh my goodness, LOVE IT ALL :-) Can't wait to see what you do with those gorgeous cake stands!

Marcie said...

Can't wait!

M

Megan said...

I can't wait to see the big reveal!!

Larissa Nicole Photography said...

Love it so far! Can't wait to see the rest!!

christine, just bella said...

oooo, pretty!!! I love those chairs but if you don't love them in the room, you just don't love them. I can't wait to see the finished project. I am obsessed with that pink wall!

Kelley @ Kelley Maria said...

It is looking so pretty! Can't wait to see what comes next!

Brancoprata said...

Looking GOOD!!!! Can't wait to see the rest!!

krystal said...

hmmm, maybe you sent them back and got a fun couch?