DIY New Jersey Wedding by Brookelyn Photography

Do you ever come across photos of couples on their wedding day and they just seem so very much in love? Then you find their wedding is not only the most adorbable public display of love and affection eva but they are both artsy fartsy creative minded individuals who diy-ed their entire wedding day; managing to infuse personality into every element without taking things over the top. Phew that was a long sentence wasn't it? Oh and ths wedding had big balloons. You know how I feel about that. The beautiful images wouldn't have been possible without the talent of Brooke from Brookelyn Photography and Apphia, my heart goes out to you. Any bride who takes on the brave task of playing bride and planner/stylist on the same day gets major points in my book, because after all, I too juggled those two roles once. Read on to scroll through the pretties and as usual catch the details below. Happy Wednesday loves! 


{From the bride} Ian and I met at a set up through a long time no see friend. I told my friend that my ideal type of man was someone who was 5 feet 7 inches in height, 135 pounds, skinny, sensitive, neat, detail-orientated, and is an interior designer with a sophisticated sense of fashion. Then she introduced me to Ian who was 5 feet 8 inches, 136 pounds, an interior designer with a sophisticated sense of fashion, who was sensitive, detail orientated, loving, humorous and gentle! Since I'm a graphic/event designer and Ian is an interior designer we coordinated the entire wedding and every small detail from print design, the flowers, the bouquets, the photo booth word bubbles to all the decorations. I loved seeing all of these things come together on our wedding day. But because of all the intense preparations, I only slept 2-3 hours every night for two weeks prior to the wedding. I almost collapsed in the middle of our ceremony, so I had to ask the officiant to allow me to take off my shoes and to walk out after the ceremony in my bare feet. Millions of thoughts were crossing my mind at that moment, as well as Ian's and the bridesmaids. But Ian held onto me so I wouldn't fall and smiled at the crowd with a great sense of humor. It took a lot of courage on my side to suddenly ask the officiant this bizarre request but thankfully everyone cheered for us, and this moment has remained in our heart as a touching memory.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

Venue: Grounds for Sculpture Park / Photography: Brooke Fitts of Brookelyn Photography / Bouquets and florals: made by the bride with flowers from the flower district NYC / 3" latex balloons: Balloons.com / Cake: Macaron Cafe / Paper corsages and teddy bear brooch: Etsy / Bride's gown: Nicole Miller / Groomswear: Theory / Flower girl and ring bearer clothes: Crewcuts by J. Crew / Stationary Design/Invitations: made by the bride

27 Lovely Comments:

lolly said...

Wow - this location looks AMAZING! And I really hope I can start getting crafty again for my own good.

Steph {bubblerock} said...

This is just a breath of fresh air. How beautiful is this wedding? Can't help but smile.

Unknown said...

Three cheers for a Jersey wedding from this Jersey girl! Simply beautiful, especially that gorgeous tablescape.

Unknown said...

oh wow, how sweet is she?

Brancoprata said...

Adorable is the word!! Cute couple + diy details + gorgeous venue = beautiful wedding for sure!!!

Anna Elder said...

loving the muted colors! and the big balloons!! oh how i wish those had been around during my wedding. i think balloons are a fab and inexpensive way to "party" a place up!

Jess said...

This is seriously the cutest! So simple and sweet, and I love her dress!

Megan said...

i am SUCH a fan of the grooms suits.

jacin {lovely little details} said...

oh wow those floral arrangements just leave me happy inside.

Alicia@CharityWedding said...

So adorable! I love all the yellow and the fun details!

Debbie said...

Yes, this one took my breath away! Perfection.

Jenna Lee said...

What a fun wedding! The mustaches and the balloon photos! This looks great! The colors are also delightful!

http://jennaleelac.blogspot.com/

Perpetual Blind Date said...

I'm amazed! She did such a beautiful job! I love how unique and personal everything is! - Alyssa

mindeullay said...

absolutely BEAUTIFUL...!

Michaela said...

How lovely! I love the assortment of bride maid dresses! xoxo

yookyung said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ashley nicole catherine said...

love how playful and whimsical this wedding is! those balloons are too cute.

xo.ashley

Michelle @ Ten June said...

Wow, this wedding is incredible! I can't believe she planned it all! The bride is gorgeous, the decor is whimiscal and gorgeous (all at the same time), the venue is perfect... but I think that adorable ring-bearer and flower girl steal the show! : )

Kristen said...

such a beautiful wedding! all the details are gorgeous. And I especially love the balloons, very playful and fun!

Ashley said...

yellow - check
amazing boutineers - check
gorgeous gown - check
beautiful tablescapes - check

love!

keely @ luxe + lillies said...

this is so sweet! what a beautiful venue!

Amie Baker said...

I am in love with the paper boutineers!

A Crimson Kiss said...

Sweet, joyful, colorful-this is perfect!

{eclat} event design said...

Gorgeous location for a wedding!!! The "holding hands" picture is just stunning!
Laura xoxo

Astrid Mueller said...

Absolutely adorable couple, and such a pretty, playful, inspired wedding! I love how they kept using the yellow ball shape as recurring design element. It pulls it all together nicely.

Kate/MagnoliaRouge said...

OMG I'm dying over those littlins!! So freakin' cute!! Gorgeous wedding!

Praveen said...

Love this! That garden is stunning, this wedding full of cuteness! Can't wait to share, thanks! {http://rivernorthlove.blogspot.com}