Timeless Australian Wedding by Angela Higgins

There's just something to be said about Australian weddings. They're so sweet and genuine and always so beautifully styled and orchestrated. This wedding sent over by the fabulously talented Angela Higgins is no exception either. I just about squealed with excitement when I first looked through the gorgeous photos and then when I found out the bride's name is Pippa, I was completely sold. It's official I am obsessed with Australia. And anything remotely close to relating to the Royal Wedding. And this wedding. This wedding and its guest list of under 20 people, the radiant bride, that skinny tall simple wedding cake, those pretty flowers, and that pink bow. You know I am a sucker for bows. Le sigh. Scroll through all the loveliness guys and you'll see what I mean. 


{From Pippa, the beautiful bride} All we wanted was a fuss-free relaxing time for us and our families so we chose Yallingup for our wedding location because of its wonderful wineries, beaches and food. As we live in Singapore, the whole wedding was arranged via email and we booked everything sight unseen! There were 18 guests (our families) in total and we wanted to create an intimate affair without too much pomp and ceremony. There was no theme for our wedding, and most details just evolved from things we loved. We really wanted to keep things simple and let the natural beauty of the location shine through.

We chose the ceremony locations because of it's beautiful chalets (which we stayed in) and garden, as we wanted an outdoor ceremony. We started to second guess this a few days before when we found out that it was going to be 38 degrees. Thank goodness we had brought fans! After the ceremony we enjoyed champagne, wedding cake, and canapes in the garden. There was also a bocce set to keep the kids (and adults) occupied while we were having photos taken. A bus transported our guests and us to the nearby restaurant for dinner where we had use of a private room and deck for dinner. Everyone was able to choose their own meal and drinks which the guest really appreciated. The food, wine and service were outstanding.

There were so many wonderful parts of the day including our highly entertaining Minister who conducted the ceremony, my Dad lending me $20 because I forgot my 'something borrowed,' and the impromptu speeches after dinner. The most wonderful thing though, was that we were now husband and wife :) One of the best things about having a destination wedding is that in the future, we will get to come back to Yallingup for holidays and relive the beautiful memories of our day all over again. 

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

Photographer: Angela Higgins Photography / Brides dress: Renee L Collections / Brides shoes: Witchery / Hair styling: Solutions for Hair / Make up: Duo Makeup / Ceremony Venue: Chandeliers on Abbey / Reception Venue: Lamonts / Floral/Event Coordinator: Vintage Bloom / Cake: Edible Art 

24 Lovely Comments:

Jenna Lee said...

Its so beautiful. This has to be one of the more romantic I have seen. There is a lot of love in the photos and it shows!

Jessica said...

Love that clutch and those shoes! What a beautiful wedding :)

Nicole said...

I love everything about this!

Aileen@LoveandLavender said...

I adore her dress and those shoes!! Where are those shoes from anyways?? I might need a pair...

Miss Southern Prep said...

What a beautiful, simple wedding! I love the bride's dress!

Anna Elder said...

very classy and lovely. love love the giant heart on the tree! and i wore miss dior cherie on my wedding day too! :)

Claire G said...

Ah so so so gorgeous. Ive never been there but I want to go sooooooo bad. And I'm like you, I'm still gushing over the royal wedding so the Pippa thing doesn't hurt!!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful Wedding! but i think my favorite part is that her dad 'lent' her money as her something borrowed. classic!

The Bookness said...

Your photos are so pretty and softly edited. How do you do it?

Please share.



♥ http://mybookness.blogspot.com

Julie {love, julie} said...

This is so pretty!! I love love love the flowers and cake!

Alisha said...

Beautiful images! Can I get remarried and you can design my wedding just like this?! Love her dress.

xoxo

Greer Loves said...

IN. LOVE. WITH. HER. DRESS.

Lanie said...

Need her sash!! Love it! I am looking for a similar one but in yellow!

Michaela said...

Beautiful location and everything! The pink sash is such a cute touch!

Emma said...

Yay! A beautiful AUSSIE wedding! I love this Rhi - her dress, the cake, the grooms suit, her pink sash, her veil, it's all lovely. And such a small intimate guest list - me likey.

Anastasia Marie said...

That confetti is to die for!

Anonymous said...

A gorgeous wedding indeed and more so because it's downunder :)
x

A Crimson Kiss said...

Darling, that is a whole lot of pretty! Those flowers, the stunning photos of her gown-I'm smitten!

christine donee said...

all of those flowers are so pretty.. I'm such a sucker for that.

Fash Boulevard said...

so beautiful. so happy I found your blog. I'm a new follower, I hope you will as well. I started my blog 2 months ago. It's all about celebrity fashion from the point of view of an LA stylist. I moved to cali last year after graduating back in the south and I can't get enough of your blog. Would love if you could stop by to see multiple post a day on all the latest celebrity fashion news. Would love your support. xoxo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

Lace.and.Likes. said...

the heart tree!!!! heavens! so good

Soulful Mama said...

So sweet & simple & very very lovely!

~ Clare x

ashley nicole catherine said...

ohh my goodness i love this. the lace. the confetti. the flats. the pale pink details. so pretty!

xo.ashley

Alexandra @ bWed Exclusive said...

The confetti cones put a gigantic smile on my face! So cute! Beautiful photography!