The One

Trista Lerit Photography

Trista Lerit Photography

Remember that time I found my dream wedding gown and it was too much money to possibly spend on something I'd wear for only one day in my whole life? So I took my Dad down to Promises and Lace during the last hour of a sale to try it on for him so he could see how much I loved it. I wanted him to see how happy it made me because really, it was impossible not to smile when I stepped into this dress. My heart raced just gathering all of that fabric up off the ground to step out of the change room.

And remember that time he ended up purchasing it for me, with of course the one condition I pay him back for half of it? I remember that time perfectly. Almost as perfectly as the time I thought that maybe I had jumped to conclusions too soon. That I was buying the wrong dress and would instead fall in love with another. I tried to think of all the reasons why the dress wasn't right. I contemplated begging the bridal store to let me pick out something different. Some more traditional. Something less me, and more every.body.else.

Then I came across Trista Lerit's photography blog. And something caught my eye. At first it was the black and slate gray tulle flower and beading that stuck out. Then it was the dreamy soft lace and scalloped neckline that made my heart skip a beat or two. Then I found the wedding. And the blog post with all the details. And this bride who like me, fell in love with something a little more unique and different when it came to finding the dress of her dreams. And for that I thank the heavens because I am now 100% confident I picked the perfect gown for me. And I know that I love it almost as much as the guy I am about to marry. Have a splendid Sunday afternoon friends!

Trista Lerit Photography

Trista Lerit Photography

Trista Lerit Photography

10 Lovely Comments:

anna said...

LOVE it! never go with what isn't you. and never second guess yourself either! wear it, and rock it!

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

what a pretty post!
i am sure it is the right dress and that it will be amazing!

Kyla said...

Rhi-

Stop stressing, just let the great things come to you and enjoy being the wonderful unique person you are. I simply cannot imagine you in something that everyone else would have, you are much too original for that :-)

carissa said...

it must be the perfect dress!!! your groom is going to be speechless!

Jayme said...

You are going to be soooo gorgeous I can't wait to see pics. This dress is beautiful.

The Loveliest Day said...

I love her sash! It's gorgeous. I can't wait to see YOUR perfect dress!

clearlytangled said...

i'm so glad that you're now 100% sure about your choice!! 4 years after my wedding, i am STILL not sure i chose the right dress... it still bothers me from time to time. you definitely want to be sure.

Design Esquire said...

I'm so glad you found the dress of your dreams! I splurged on mine a bit too, and I'm so glad I did. I'm sure you won't regret it for a minute.

Scientific Housewife said...

Great pictures and a beautiful dress!

Truly Smitten said...

thanks for your note and your blog is definitely drool-worthy! so much eye candy!