Bridal Shower Goodness

With less than four months until my big day (ohmygoodnessimexcited!), that means somewhere between now and then, I should be having some sort of a bridal shower. Now, typically the bride's Maid of Honour throws such a celebration, no? Well I don't happen to have a Maid of Honour. And in fact my bridesmaids are scattered all over Canada and the US. One bridesmaid is in Michigan, one in New York, one in Denver and one a couple hours from here; needless to say, whether or not a shower and no matter the distance I really miss my girls and hope we can get together somehow before the 24th.

I remember seeing this bridal shower on Style Me Pretty and was completely blown away by the loveliness overload. The fact that the bride's Matron of Honour hired an event planner and photographer to help make the shower extra special really touched my heart. Grace, the bride-to-be, is such a lucky little lady who is obviously very very loved (and super adorable, I love her expression when she walks into the room!) And Chenin; you are a photography wonder. Jeannie from Details Details? You are invited to my bridal shower, please say you'll be there.

Happy Monday, my gorgeous friends! Hope your day was spectacular xo

27 Lovely Comments:

Bumpkin on a Swing said...

Love the bride's dress, wiht the black tights, so classy and elegant. There is a big bloom in my future, in the hair, on the lapel of my favorite dress. Beautiful and stunning this bride gets two days to remember. Won't be long there Gorgeous!

Caroline said...

My mom out did herself with the shower she threw for me. This one looks divine and that table spread is beautiful. Those drinks look too perfect to be true. Love this post!! Sending you a hug!! XO

_ffyona said...

What a pretty shower! She looked shocked, i love it.

You are gonna have the most beautiful and lovely bridal shower too, i know.

Lou said...

I am hoping this means the blogging blues have passed?! I love the pink. And I wish I could help you on the html side, but I am a complete novice! Louise x

Unknown said...

I-N-C-R-E-D-I-B-L-E!!!!!

How gorgeous is this.....WOW!!!

Love everything about it but especially....

the letters in the centre of the table spelling her name...

the lemon slices on the drinks...
the cupcakes.....I have to do the sprinkle edging like that next time I make them!

....the calligraphy on everything is so pretty

and she looks beautiful.....how stylish!

We don't really have wedding showers here in England....I am definitely going to be throwing one for my daughter some day though!!

I hope you get to have yours....I bet you will :) xoxo

Unknown said...

What a lovely party. I am clueless when it comes to code etc....good luck with the computer issues.

April {April Foster Events} said...

I would go to that shower any day! :) The details are amazing

Lenore @ Lather. Write. Repeat. said...

Wow! So much effort put into this amazing event! Lucky gal.

XO
Lenore

becca said...

Aw, you're always such a girl! Too cute.

Unknown said...

I saw this one too! (i think we emailed about it, hehe)

Love it though, how sweet!! She's a lucky girl!

miss you, precious!

www.meg-land.blogspot.com

xx

Lilacandgrey said...

I loved this shower too when I saw it on SMP...haven't got a clue about the html though :/

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Holy elegant affair batman. I love how they showcased her name with those letters!

Fé... said...

The shower is so lovely. No wonder the bride looks very surprised and delighted! I wish I was invited :p

Ashley said...

LOVE the layout! Luve, Love, luv. As for HTML, doesn't drive you nuts? I will have to play around with mine and see if I can figure anything out for ya!

Hazel from Hazel Loves Design said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. Because my Mum and my Fiance's Mum both live overseas we are throwing ourselves a shower. So this has been great inspiration! The theme is going to be 'Cupcakes, Champagne & Cocktails!' Really looking forward to it. :) Hazel

Smitten Design said...

new to your blog and i la-la-love it!

Wendy said...

Oh my, look at all the beautiful little details!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful bridal shower!!! Yum I really want to taste those cupcakes! :)

Valerie said...

Wow, what a beautiful shower! Her bridesmaids definitely went all out. I love the way they spelled out her name with the wooden letters. How exciting that your wedding is so soon! Keep us posted on the details!

xo
Valerie

and flowers pick themselves said...

this is so dreamy. i love the details. lucky girl!

xo Alison

Gorgeous Glam said...

How gorgeous!! What a delight to look at this pics! xoxo

jordan said...

hi there! a) love this! i was looking at it yesterday and thought- why don't my friends and i have showers like this? i might enjoy them more if we did :)

and b) i'm trying to get my apartment looking right, and i need some guidance! i thought of you, because you seem to have pretty great taste, and i was wondering if you might be able to help? i posted my thoughts on the whole project today :) muchas gracias!

Francis Family said...

AH, I have so much catching up to do with you! First of all, LOVE the new look of your blog. So soft and pretty. I love it. S
Second, I would throw you a shower if I lived by you!! I love throwing parties!! You seem to awesome to not throw a HUGE shower for!
This one is gorgeous! I loved it all.
Yay i'm happy to be back to blog land and settled from my crazy life lately.
ps: 4 months isn't that far away! ;)
I was only engaged for 5! ha.

Natasha said...

Umm how amazing is this bridal shower??? SWOON my heart just stopped--so feminine and perfect!

So glad we found each other's blogs!! My wedding is next June 11th so planning is in full swing--yay for you, too!! Give me deets =)

Sarah Larsen said...

Oh I love those cupcakes!! I'm planning my baby's first b-day, and I've been thinking about doing sprinkles on the edge just like that!

Angie said...

Um, so magical!! And wow... what a talented photographer! That sweet bride must have felt so loved. The picture of her face when she first sees it is just priceless!

Beautiful post as always Rhi <3

Holly said...

wow, major inspiration. im saving so many of these pictures!