S'mores Chocolate Chip Cookies

I love me some s'mores. The gooey goodness of melted marshmallows combined with sweet chocolate and the subtle taste of graham crackers; what could be better? Well throw all those goodies into a basic chocolate chip cookie recipe and you are destined for dessert perfection. You.will.love.these.cookies. I basically used inspiration from the so tasty S'mores Brownies I made in January to bake up these beauties. Most of the ingredients for the cookies can be found around the house and I promise you anyone who takes a bite of one of these will be asking for more. Unless you eat them all by yourself which I happened to come very close to doing. I know, how embarrassing right?

Chocolate

S'mores Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup graham crackers smashed into tiny pieces
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 sprinkle of cinnamon
1 dash of nutmeg
2 sticks of softened unsalted butter
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
seeds from one vanilla bean
2 large eggs at room temperature
1 3/4 cups of mini chocolate chunks
2 cups mini marshmallows
1-2 Hershey bars in pieces

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a medium bowl combine your flour graham cracker crumbs, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and stir until combined. Beat together your butter, sugars and vanilla extract in a larger bowl until creamy and smooth. Add in your eggs, blending on medium speed until fully incorporated.

Beat in the flour mixture to the butter mixture, beating on medium speed until combined well. Pour in the chocolate chips and stir with a spoon. Covering your hands on a bit of flour, roll 1-2 tablespoons worth of dough into a ball and place on the parchment paper. I fit only 9 cookies on my baking sheet.

Bake for 4 minutes in a preheated oven and remove from heat. Place as many marshmallows and Hershey chocolate chunks into each cookie before returning to the oven to bake. Continuing baking for approximately 4 more minutes or until the marshmallows start to puff out slightly. Cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes until cooling completely on a wire rack. Keep covered in an airtight container for up to three days. Makes about 3 dozen cookies. Try not to eat too many if you can resist!

30 Lovely Comments:

becca said...

Beautiful!
Can I say that about a cookie?
It's pretty to look at, delicious to taste, I'm sure, and I love your photos.

Have a great little Friday!

Anonymous said...

This is AMAZING. My family LOVES s'mores, so this will be a perfect treat to try out!

Melanie @Unravelled Threads
Tomorrow is the very last day to enter my custom elastic waistband skirt giveaway!

Anonymous said...

Oh. I love sugar, and anything that has to do with it! :)
I'm going to make some of those.

LOVE!

Lucy said...

Definitely not embarrassing that these are going quickly - they look totally gorgeous and wouldn't last five minutes in my house! Recipe saved :)

Liesl said...

Ooooh, yummy!!! I was just thinking about s'mores yesterday! :)

I made some on a recent camping trip and the leftover Hershey's chocolate, marshmallows and gram crackers stare at me in my kitchen cabinet and now I think I know what to do with them and my boyfriend will love me for it!

Thank you for such a fun post!

Liesl :)

brooke said...

are you joking?!?! seriously?? i mean s'mores are only my most favorite things EVER and to make them into cookies?!?!? OH MY GOSH! this is so happening in my oven this weekend!

Kitchen Belleicious said...

My my those cookies look to die for and you can ask anyone- I am a cookie aholic! I loved your post on our girl Trish's blog and I came to check yours out. So interesting, fun and intriguing. I just love it. I am your newest follower and I hope we can stay in touch. Oh, and I have a giveaway going on that I am sure you would love. Chic and modern stationary from Cid Pear! Come check it out when you get a chance! XOXO Jessica
http://kitchenbelleicious.blogspot.com

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Those look delish!!!

Staley Mc said...

Mmm these look so yummy! Hope you have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

Love it....any chance you deliver?! ;)

SO delicious, what a lovely end of the week post!

Happy Friday Ms Gorgeous :) xo

Lou said...

Hi - so I have a confession. Up until about a month ago I didn't even know what a S'mores was. Is it S'more or S'mores? Ummm. Anyway what's not to like? I want one. Now ;-) LB x

I BLEED PINK said...

Oh wow, the best of so many worlds smooshed into a yummy cookie!!!

Southern Comfort said...

Love love love your blog! I found you on Trish's blog and it's nice to find ladies that also love Louboutins, interior design and pink.

Caroline said...

Those photos are perfect and as for the recipe ... oh my!!

Holly Lefevre said...

My 2 favorite things...s'mores and a cookie. I make a mean s'mores bar, but these sounds even better!

clearlytangled said...

mmm how i love cookies. these look fantastic!

Jo said...

It was so nice to *meet* you this morning ~ great guest post.

Yummy ~ these sound amazing and your photos are beautiful!

Have a great weekend~
Jo

bevy said...

Read your post on Trish's blog... love your story. We must be more bold and courageous in our lives.

You are obviously a wonderful woman with a big heart.

xox

Nienke at Revel said...

YUMMMMMM!! I love s'mores - especially now that summer is coming and we can roast marshmallows on an open fire outside!

Beautiful pictures too!

Angie said...

Beautiful pictures!! I'm so trying this recipe... I'm sure between me and my guy, these cookies would be gone lighting fast! lol

Anna Katrina said...

these look delicious! i am borrowing this recipe asap :)

Anna Katrina
http://passportglamour.blogspot.com/

Wendy said...

These look DELICIOUS! I love s'mores!

Unknown said...

Ugh! I am totally going to turn into a big zit, but I am SO making these! LOL! Have a great weekend girl!

Unknown said...

Just wanted to say that I loved your post over at Trish's....so lovely that you two are friends....she sends me the sweetest messages and emails just like you do, I love it! I can totally see how you are friends :)

Left you a message over at hers too :)

Happy Week-end! xo

Anonymous said...

omg, yes please! thanks for this, sweetie! they look divine!

xo Alison

_ffyona said...

This looked absolutely delish. Did you save some for me girlfriend? ;)

Lauren said...

Those look so yummy! I can't wait to try them. I totally did Trish's blog design. I'm headed over right now to read your post!!! :)

Scientific Housewife said...

I want to make those right away!

Jennifer Young said...

i need to make these stattt!
j.

Jacklyn said...

Ummm...yeah. These look delicious! I'm putting these on the weekend to make list :)