Featured Goodness: Lou, Boos and Shoes

Lou, Boos and Shoes

Happy Monday lovelies! A huge hug and thank you to everyone for your sweet messages last week. Although quite the invasive and scary procedure, my eye surgery was a success and I am slowly but surely on the path to recovery. The doctors took 70 minutes to fix 6 muscles in my eyes and alas I have straight eyes for the first time in my whole life. My vision is still a bit off and my eyes are incredibly sore, swollen and red, but all in all I am in good spirits; I wish I could give each and every one of you a big squeeze!

Since my vision prevented me from completing last week's Featured Goodness, I am dedicating today to one of my great blogging friends and the voice behind Lou, Boos and Shoes. Louise blogs from southern England and puts so much heart and visual goodness into her posts; you won't want to miss anything she has to share. Here are some fabulously inspiring photos Lou sent over to me (love the red shoes shot Lou, great minds think alike no?)

Lou, Boos and Shoes Feature

Here's a bit about the wonderful author behind the blog...

Name and Blog: Louise from Lou, Boos and Shoes

Where You're From/Where You Live: I still live in the town where I grew up. It's in southern England sandwiched between the coast and the South Downs.

Birthday: March 12th

A Quick Two Sentence Summary of Yourself: I am a working Mummy and a wife. I am a girl who likes to shop, read, potter and chat. I am half-Danish, so Scandinavian designs is in my blood.

Why Do You Blog: I always wrote diaries; I love to write. Plus I am a magpie when it comes to pretty pictures! I wanted to combine those two things in my blog.

What Does "Goodness" Mean To You: Goodness is the best of things. The best and most simple, fresh food. Long walks with my children. Snuggling up with my husband watching a film. A good night's sleep in freshly laundered sheets. Fresh air. I am a simple soul.

What Is the Best Part About Where You Live: There is so much, I am so in love with where I live. We own a farmhouse that looks out over acres and acres of farmland. But the town is just a mile from our house and is bustling. We have the beach and the countryside on our doorstep. But most of all I have lived here since I was 5 years old, it absolutely epitomises home for me.

What Is the Best Part of Your Blog: I find it calming to look at. For me it's like a virtual notice board of words, cool pictures and 'things of beauty' that I love.

What Is the Best Part of Your Day: Early morning, house still asleep, cuppa tea in hand. I also like it when everyone comes home at the end of the day - sometimes very late in my husband's case - but when us four are here, I am replete.

Biggest Inspiration: My Mum. Hands down.

Biggest Achievement: Hard to say - getting where I am in life. Happily married, healthy family, maintained a career, just doing my best. Working at it.

Biggest Fear: Loosing the people I love.

Biggst Love: My husband.

Three Words to Describe Yourself: Quirky, Loyal. Sentimental. Can I have one more? Inquisitive (of course you can Lou :)

Three Things You Cannot Live Without: Lip balm, The Internet. Family.

Three Things You Can't Stand: Lychees, Mess. If my car breaks down. Oh and rudeness.

Favourite Food and Drink: If this were a restaurant I would order Sancerre wine, oysters, roast chicken and raspberry pavlova.

Favourite Place to Visit/Stay: I have a soft spot for Portugal. A boutique hotel near here called West Stoke House where we sneak away to once a year. It's the most exquisitely decorated place. Florida's Gulf coast - I spent a lot of time there as a child and still, anything Floridian just floats my boat

Favourite Blogs and Why: I measure this by the way I feel when a new post is published by any of these authors. I get this little surge of excitement, expectation, just something, that makes me want to visit straight away. These blogger do what the do very well...much like you Rhiannon! (lots of love to you Lou!)

{She Left on a Monday} for perfect photos and the most soul-moving writing
{The Littlest Things} for sheer lovely, youthful enthusiasm
{Enjoying the Small Things} for the most incredible fix of mother-love
{The Bottom of the Ironing Basket} for the most inspirational photos and a kindred spirit behind the words

Most Memorable Day of Your Life: My Wedding Day! We renewed our wedding vows in Las Vegas in 2008. Our 'first' wedding was in a place called Goodwood House which was very regal and formal and wonderful. Vegas was the complete opposite. It was just so utterly different to anything, ever. Loved it...

Lou, Boos and Shoes Feature

Uhm Lou? Your legs? Killer :) and your dress is incredible. You are just so beautiful! Thank you for taking the time to share your life and photos with uz here and for being oh-so-patient with this posting of this feature. It's been nothing but amazing getting to know you better over the past few months. I now have so many more reasons to visit England one day soon! Head on over to Lou's blog to say hello, everyone and have a great start to the week :) xo

11 Lovely Comments:

Lou said...

Ohhh Rhi! It was so worth the wait...and understandably so, I do hope you are resting up and starting to feel better.

This post is just so pretty! If I may say so myself, those pictures are just a little drop of heaven for me! My favourites! Thank you so so much for doing this feature on me - I feel very special indeed and as you know, literally could not wait to answer your questions! There is a journalist in you somewhere that is dying to come out!

You are an absolute sweetheart, I love this feature, I'm so chuffed, honestly. I shall tell my huz that he is now famous too! ;-)

Lots of love
Lou xxx

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

Rhi darling, so glad everything went as planned, great news!! It must be such a comfort, yay for your new eyes!!
Lovely interview too, and you know I love discovering more british blogs so thank you very much honey!! Have a great week xoxo

annelise said...

Congratulations on your successful surgery, operations are so scary! I hope your have perfect vision now!

I'm just new to your blog (I found you via Lou, Boo and Shoes) and it's so beautiful, I'm really enjoying it so far!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy the surgery went well!

Melanie@UnravelledThreads

M.M.E. said...

Congratulations on the surgery. I've had numerous ones like that before and I'm happy your vision has improved. There should definitely be a club for people with remarkable eyes. What a wonderful post.

Lauren Loves said...

Glad you're on the mend! I don't know what I'd do without my regular dose of beautiful things! xxx

clearlytangled said...

i'm so glad to hear everything went well. that's wonderful news!!!

Punctuation Mark said...

i am really happy the procedure went well and that you are recovering satisfactorily. I hope you are 100% soon and can fully enjoy what you've been looking for after all this time!!!

Trish {Pink Preppy Lilly Lover} said...

Hey there my darling girl, how are you honey?? I am so glad everything went well for you, I hope you are resting comfortably and feeling more like yourself!

I adore thsi post on Lou, she is fabulous much like yourself doll. I miss you lots my love and can't wait to catch up soon! I am having trouble with my texting right now, I can receive but can't send, which is why I didn't text you back today. Let me know, perhaps we can chat on the phone or gchat when you are free.

Love you little lady xoxo

PS - love the new blog look, very summery, you are so talented, how do you change it so often? xoxo

Closet full of hopes and dreams said...

Lou's blog seems lovely! I have to check it out. The pancake cake was fantastic. :) I'm glad everything went well with your surgery. I hope you are having a wonderful week!

debra@dustjacket said...

What a gorgeous feature on a gorgeous girl. Loved it.
xoxo DJ