The Caketress


Readers, meet The Caketress, a downright stunning designer cake boutique serving the Toronto/Muskoka area. Never in my life have I been so blown away by such beautiful and edible creations! When I came across their site (how could I have not have known about this place sooner?!) I literally scrolled through every single page of their blog, website and gallery 'oh-ing' and 'ah-ing' when I saw each photo. If I were a Caketress customer I don't think I could possibly cut into such detailed work. But then again I bet the inside is just as incredible as the outside :)


This next cake is one of my faves. The detailed statement piece of the side of the cake reminds me very much of the sash my own wedding gown. Then there's Chiavari chair that the cake is sitting on. Don't get me started on those chairs. I wanted them so badly for our own big day but at $10.00 a chair it didn't seem like a great move financially. Ivory covered banquet chairs it is! This cake is also part of a fabulous cake/candy table display that is totally to die for. The gray palatte with the subtle hint of bling; I am loving it! Oh and that bride is so gorg.



Amazing right? Special thanks to Rowell Photography, Rebecca Wood Photography and Taylor Jackson Photography. Here's to hoping everyone is having a fabulous week so far; we're more than halfway to Friday! I'm not one for apologizing when it comes to discussing the way I run this blog (since it is my blog after all :) but I am hoping to get a post up this week sometime to let you all know where I have been and how things are going wedding wise; we're 7 weeks away and I have lots to fill everyone in on :) So stay tuned and stay gorgeous blogettes, thanks for all the love. It means the world. xo

22 Lovely Comments:

Simone - honeyandfizz said...

They are exquisite! Love the first pic for the cake and the couch :)

Brianna! said...

These are GORGEOUS and look elegantly delicious.
xoxo
bB

and flowers pick themselves said...

the purple one is spectacular! i love it.

xo Alison

little luxury list said...

i've stalked her for a while - she does amazing things in cake styling!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Only one word fits: Stunning. These are works of art!

luxe + lillies said...

oh WOW! who knew a cake could be so gorgeous! totally adding this to my weekly roundup!

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

OMG! Those cakes are all so pretty. The last one really caught my eye. I went to a wedding last year who had a wedding cake as tall as a coconut tree. What a sight that was. I only wish I had my camera that time

Nicole & Tala said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rhianna said...

I would not want to eat any of these cakes. They are too pretty!

Lana {lanalou style} said...

Could they be any more beautiful?! Stunning!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, it takes so much talent to get a cake to look so beautiful! Love it! xo

Joie de Viv said...

Beyond incredible!!! I'm enamored with the 3rd cake! I have to say I was let down by my own cake - but as with a lot of destination wedding-planning, I just had to let some things go. Hope wedding planning is going smoothly!

xx Vivian @ http://diamondsandtulle.blogspot.com

Jayme said...

WOW! Those are beautiful ...

Scientific Housewife said...

Beautiful, they are like art!

Blair McLeod said...

this puts ACE of Cakes to SHAME!! a-mazing. i'm dreaming they taste as good as the look.. wanting a slice with a class of wine right about now. beautiful!

Ms. Emmy N said...

Incredible cakes! I really don't think I could ever cut into one, either.. the light blue one is absolutely gorgeous!

Gracie said...

Absolutely beautiful! They look too good to eat. I don't know if I would want to cut the cake :)

Unknown said...

Absolutely AMAZING cakes....wow!!!

:)

Val said...

STUNNING!!!

clearlytangled said...

these are all so incredibly beautiful... i can't get over them.

Paula said...

I love her creations! Her artistic abilities are stunning, creative and every cake is beautifully rendered and photographed.

Rose said...

wow, these wedding cakes are some of the most amazing Ive seen. I especially adore the purple one with the row of flowers!

Rose