S'mores Pops


Never ever have I made anything that is as simple - or adorable - as these S'mores Pops. For reals. All I used is some marshies, some melted chocolate, some graham cracker crumbs and lollie sticks. Honestly, that's all you need and you'll be S'more-ing it up in no time. Stick these bad boys over a good ole' campfire, let the marshie get a bit toasted and voila! A reinvented childhood fave; now how cool is that.

To make prettier S'mores Pops that would look best in photos, I hand-dipped the marshies in melted chocolate which prevented me from coating the entire marshmallow. But you could roll the whole marshie in chocolate for a better chocolate-to-marshmallow ratio which I think I would have preferred anyways (careful if you dip the marshmallow in the chocolate once you've inserted a lollie stick. The weight of the chocolate pulling on the marshmallow can pull it right off). The sticks I got where from the baking section at Michaels.

I then rolled the chocolate-covered marshmallows in graham crumbs before letting them harden for 5-10 minutes in the fridge. My chocolate was pretty thick (I even added a tablespoon of veggie oil) so the fridge step really helped out. Stick em on their sticks after the chocolate has firmed up and serve right away. (I took at least 60 really great photos of these pops except the shade of yellow was so different in each photo that it looked really off when I posted them. Please don't mind the lack of visuals!) 

And if you're not a huge S'mores fan but still like the ease and simplicity of the dessert-on-a-stick idea, you could always go for a little colour. And some Jimmies. And make some Jimmies Pops. Not the tastiest things ever (Jimmies are so tasteless!) but how could you resist the cuteness?


Wrap in some cello plastic and tie on some adorable bows for cute and cheap party favours. Or stick in a fabric covered Styrofoam chunk for a cute addition to any candy or dessert buffet at your next event. I love these things because they are so versatile too. Try white chocolate with crushed up chocolate bars in place of the graham crackers. Or coat the entire marshmallow in multiple layers of varying chocolate flavours for a real treat when anyone bites into their pop. Or (I know, I know, I am getting carried away) you could use mini marshmallows and make marshie kabobs. How fun :)


Happy Friday to you! Any fun plans for the weekend? xo 

24 Lovely Comments:

Lou said...

Hello to you too! These are so sweet - literally! You do come up with some cool stuff. And you make it all look so pretty. My kitchen looks like a bomb has hit if I try to make anything! Hope you are well darling Rhi - take care and have a lovely weekend. Lou x

Unknown said...

These look gorgeous, wow!! Great photos too!

Been thinking of you honey, hope you are well and taking care of yourself. Wish you were here, then Lou and I could whisk you away for a Fun Girls Day Out!!

Have a great week-end! xoxo

Scientific Housewife said...

Love this! I might try it for a party :)

Julie Leah said...

Those are adorable!! The S'mores look so delicious!

Have a great weekend, my love :)

Anonymous said...

Great project for my 14 year old daughter! Plus, I have been wanting to go to Michaels. I will let you know how they turn out! Thanks for sharing. xoxo

and flowers pick themselves said...

um...brilliant! i'm definitely trying these this weekend.

:)

xo Alison

Jessica @ Lavender and Lilies said...

Such an adorable idea!

AmyK said...

What a cute idea! Never would have occurred to me, but it looks great and delicious! My nieces have birthday parties coming up; might have to keep this idea in mind!

theUngourmet said...

Such a cute and scrumptious idea! My kids would love these for sure!

Cheryl said...

So cute! Can't wait to try them with the kiddies!

Have a great weekend. Cheers, cheryl

Unknown said...

YUM!

Hazel from Hazel Loves Design said...

What a great idea, so simple, but yet so fabulous! I'm going to create these myself for an upcoming party! :) Hazel

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Best idea EVER! Those look amazing and I'm sure they taste fabulous too! Long time no speak lady. : (

debra@dustjacket said...

Oh yum....really want some of those in the first picture!!

Happy weekend to you :)
xxxx Dj

Unknown said...

Adorable! These would be so cute at a wedding or shower! XO!

little luxury list said...

Eeeek, gorg and yummy!

p.s. If we're ever in the same neck of the woods, chorizo party followed by macarons!

Miles Of Style said...

these are too good looking to eat! i love the colours!

Persis

Unknown said...

Oh yum! Beautiful and purple! :)

Shelley said...

thats so cute! and they seem super easy to do!

Slamdunk said...

Nice simple way to be creative and add color.

I hope you had a nice weekend.

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Oh these are adorable!!! Think I'm going to have to give them a shot some day. They're definitely party material :)

Hope you had a fabulous weekend!

_ffyona said...

I'm sure these taste as pretty as they look! I always wanted to attempt some of these! Marshies are one of my faves to munch on!

natural selection said...

I have just taken note of this fantastic creation of yours! I can imagine the "gawd" like status I would enjoy making these for my niece and nephews!

Blair McLeod said...

just realized when i posted on this that i was signed in as my work profile (siloam). eeks. thats what i get for mixing work & play.

but seriously. these look amazing and i can't wait to try them!