A Charming DIY Affair

Kristen Marie Photography

Something about this wedding caught my eye. It could have been the bride's dreamy bouquet or perhaps her perfect dress. But then I saw the cake and thought for sure that was my most favourite part - next to mismatched gray bridesmaid's gowns and white balloons of course. With every photo I found myself falling more in love with this wedding and the beautiful images by Kristen Marie. Oh my gosh it makes me realize how close my big day really is! Here take a peak at the gorg-ness, blogettes!

Kristen Marie Photography

Those white balloons I so adoringly addressed right above? Remember this post? Well tomorrow is the big day my friends and Apb and I will be getting some engagement photos done by the ever-so-fabulous Amanda Wilcher. At Navy Pier. With white balloons. Oh boy.

Kristen Marie Photography

Can I just point out the groom's wicked mustache and peachy bowtie? And the bride's perfect belt that compliments the sweetheart neckline of her dress? To.die.for. And that cake. Told you the cake was fabulous. Just in case you need a better photo of it here it is again. That blue colour is so lovely.

Kristen Marie Photography

I think the streamer backdrop across the back of the ceremony spot is super whimsical and cute too. I saw this same idea at a featured wedding on Ruffled and was considering making my own curtain of dreamy-ness but wasn't sure how it would look (it would serve as a curtain to our ceremony location which is actually outside on a terrace). Thoughts on this anyone?

Kristen Marie Photography
Kristen Marie Photography

Happy Thursday my loves! Take some time for yourself and do something fun. Saturday is my bridal shower day in Michigan with Andrew's side of the family and I couldn't be more excited! My Mom and Dad will be driving to Michigan for the day so I am looking forward to both our families being together again before the big day. Yay xo

26 Lovely Comments:

Nicole-Lynn said...

Very nice! Love all the details!

Lilacandgrey said...

pretty dress. and I love the color of that cake!
<3

Amy said...

That cake is divine.

Amy said...

You know I went to a wedding this past Saturday and there was no cake? They only served rainbow sherbet.

Wendy said...

Rhiannon, I completely agree with you: The dress, those flowers, ahh the steamers, but my oh my look at that cake! Thanks for the eye candy today!

Gracie said...

Yes yes so beautiful. I love the mismatched grey bridesmaid dresses. I really love that mismatched look. The balloons and streamers give a really pretty festive air to the wedding.

Poppies and Sunshine said...

I love it! The jewelry is so vintage.

Shelley said...

her dress is gorgeous and i love the bridesmaid dresses! having different dresses for each one is a great idea!

Anonymous said...

I love this wedding. It's gorgeous, so dreamy and adorable!

Abby said...

I love this! And that rose sash on her dress is so cute.

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

I love the bride's gown. I love how soft and romantic it looks. And her bouquet is beautiful. Oh but going back to her gown, I just love it. It looks a bit similar to Monique Lhuillier's wedding collection from Spring of 2009. You should check out the collection if you have time. =)

Blair McLeod said...

the sash is great!

annelise said...

She is a beautiful bride, that's for sure. Her bouquet is perfect. I really love the idea of individual bridesmaid dresses - not every dress suits every body shape! Gorgeous wedding.

Unknown said...

The dress is perfect, actually it all is!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

That is one of the must stunning bouquets I've ever seen!

theUngourmet said...

What a fun couple! Love this cake! The curtain of dreamy-ness sounds wonderful. Love the green shutter. Have too much fun at your shower! ;)

Anonymous said...

The bowling picture...soooo cute!

Trish {Pink Preppy Lilly Lover} said...

Hello my sweet lovey! Just simply stunning, every photo, I just love it all! oh how I miss you darling girl! Amazing how quickly July flew by...I am sure that's exactly how you feel with the wedding now OFFICIALLY less than two months away - woo hoo! Thank you for all the beauty you share with us always...you are such a doll and full of wisdom way beyond your years. I am so happy that we are friends dearest and can't wait to catch up with you soon. I love you!! xoxoox

Slamdunk said...

I hope your shower went well. Look forward to your thoughts on it.

its simple love said...

Love it! How pretty is that floral belt!?

Rachael

and flowers pick themselves said...

the cake is so beautiful + elegant. i love it!

xo Alison

Blair McLeod said...

can't wait to hear about the shower!!

Jayni said...

Love it! I wore a similar floral belt. How gorgeous are her flowers, too?

Joie de Viv said...

Gorgeous wedding! I love her flowered sash and her cake is beautiful!

xx Vivian @ http://diamondsandtulle.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Her dress is so stunning. Love the floral belt!

Melanie@UnravelledThreads

Vi said...

soo pretty... i love everything about it.