My Bridal Shower


The best.day.ever. I can't remember the last time I felt so special, loved and cared about as I did at my Canadian bridal shower thrown by by Mom and two of my bridemaids Emily and Melissa. The whole thing was a surprise until the day of and I had no idea who was going to be there, where it was, what the food would be or anything. But when I showed up I instantly lit up with happiness; there's just something to be said about really special and kind people all coming together in one place. I was greeted with not only my fabulous Mom decked out in BCBG, but this custom made bridal hat. So couture and me, I adore it :)


I had my wedding hair trial that day too. So I got to wear pretty hair to my special day. Here's the back:


And here I am in my hat. I love it. A lot. Can't you tell?


I only wore the hat for a bit since I didn't want to mess up the 'do too much. But once most of the guests arrived and got name tagged, we were served some pretty amazing food and drinks. Everything was so yummy and pleasantly presented; I felt like I was at a very fancy cocktail party. The waiter made sure to bring out each tray to me first; it made me feel so special :) Those things that look like mozzarella sticks are actually mac and cheese sticks. Probably the best invention ever.


And the drinks. The blueberry vodka and lemonade drinks. So very tasty I might add :)


While the food was being brought out, the girls then played some adorable games, like making wedding gowns out of toilet paper and tape while I judged the end results (Ohmygosh my girlfriends and family are good. Like really good when it comes to designing). And we played a How Well Do You Know the Bride game along with What's in Your Purse. Eeep! Loved this. 

In the picture below, the girl on the left is my long time gymnastics friend the incredible Mel, then that's my adorable Mom, followed by my gorgeous girlfriend Cheri (the granddaughter of my neighbor) and my beautiful work supervisor Jody who was most recently a beautiful bride herself. I picked Jody's dress as the winner, it was actually quite amazing.



Did I mention my girlfriends (and Mom!) have amazing choices in shoes too?



After games we had a little time for gifts. I was a little nervous to open my presents in front of so many people since I always feel silly getting gifts (I know, it's a bridal shower). But after the first few, I started getting really excited to open each and every special package. I got some beautiful blue towels, two toasters, a utensil set and box for the pieces, a cake cutting and serving set with jewelled handles, stemless wine glasses, kitchen utensils, a salad spinner, some gift cards to VS, H and M, Aldo and La Senza and so much more. I know I keep saying it over and over again, but how can I be so lucky?

Like I previously mentioned, my most treasured gift was from my Mom. A custom engraved Tiffany's charm bracelet with the sweetest card ever. I've never gotten anything (or bought myself anything) from Tiffany's so seeing that little blue box when I unwrapped the tissue paper, made my heart skipped a few beats. It honestly brought me right to tears and a few of my girlfriends at the party teared up too.





And then again no bridal shower is complete without the addition of gorgeous girlfriends, neighbors, family, friends, coworkers, childhood friends, former highschool classmates and the list goes on and on and on...


Thank you to all the women in my life who made the entire day so wonderful and memorable. If this is just one small preview of the happiness that will comprise our wedding day then I cannot wait for September 24th. Much love to each and every one of you. Love Rhiannon xoxo

33 Lovely Comments:

annelise said...

If this shower is anything to go by, your wedding is going to be super-elegant!

Your hair looks absolutely gorgeous!

theUngourmet said...

What an amazing day for you! Everything looks beautiful...the food...the drinks...the decor..YOU! ;) I'm loving that blueberry vodka drink!

Gracie said...

Ahh wow!! What an amazing and beautiful event. Your hair is gorgeous and so are you. You're wedding is going to be so lovely!

The food and photos are wonderful. x

Anonymous said...

You are such a lucky girl! It looked amazing and you look beautiful. Your Mom looks more one of your friends than a Mom ~ I was thinking... "Wait, rewind...which one is the Mom... no way! " xo

Design Esquire said...

It looks like you had a fantastic day! You have so many special people in your life. (By the way, you look gorgeous!!)

Unknown said...

That truly looks like the most fun/best day! You are so photogenic...and gorgeous...ditto your friends and family! And blueberry,lemonade vodka drinks! YUM!

Kerry said...

Looks like an absolutely fabulous day! Your hair looks great and it looks like it was an absolutely gorgeous location (filled with beautiful people and fantastic food and drinks)!

Blair McLeod said...

what a great shower.

i love all your wedding details -- your hair looks awesome.

your wedding is going to be so so awesome. i'm very excited for you and all your family and guests!!

Ashley said...

Yay! You deserve all of this and more. :-) I love that it was a surprise bridal shower, I've never been to one of those!

Unknown said...

Such a CUTE shower!! Your hair looked great & I love the little hat/crown ;)

xx

Unknown said...

Oh, what a beautiful day! LOVE the hat!! BTW, what is "what's in your purse game"? With my bridal shower coming up, I'm on the hunt for some good games.

I BLEED PINK said...

Your shower looked so pretty!!!

Punctuation Mark said...

What a fun event!!! it shows that you and all your friends have a fantastic time... I'm finally catching after 2 weeks of being too busy... love the bracelet... there is definitely nothing like Tiffany's!

Unknown said...

Looks like so much fun! And wow, those girls did a fantastic job on the t-paper gowns! It's getting close now girl! How exciting for you! =)

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

What a gorgeous looking affair. Of course it was...it was for you! You looked beyond beautiful lady!

apparentlyjessy said...

Does look like your bridal shower was a special one! I love all the candid photos taken, and you look really lovely, hair PERFECT! So glad you have such a special shower, you deserve it!

little luxury list said...

Rhi, love your hair! Your bridal shower was definitely one styling, love-filled affair my dear!

Hello from Bali dear!

little luxury list said...

Rhi, love your hair! Your bridal shower was definitely one styling, love-filled affair my dear!

Hello from Bali dear!

Anh Ngo said...

This is just the most adorable party ever! Congratulations on getting married, by the way! :) I love the toilet paper gowns, and your hair! Oh! It was gorgeous! :)

Anh♥

Anonymous said...

It looks like you ladies had an amazing time. I won't lie--the toilet paper dresses made me lol!

Melanie@UnravelledThreads

_ffyona said...

I knew you are gonna have the sweetest and prettiest bridal shower and you really had. All the toliet paper dresses looked fab, serious. ;) Sending lots of good vibes and love over, bug. Now for the wedding. xo

Trish {Pink Preppy Lilly Lover} said...

Hi my beauty belle, oh darling you don't know how much I miss you. I had to say goodbye to dear Lisa from Bumpkin on a Swing this week, she passed as I held her hand last Sunday. She loved you as well and knew you would be the most beautiful bride ever. She was even a tad jealous we shared a wedding anniversary date with Dustjacket Attic. What can I say honey, you are a gem and one of my truest friends that I am so grateful the blog world brought us together. My love to you, your shower was gorgeous, just like you and your sweet blog. I miss you and love you Rhi xoxoxo Talk soon.

keely @ luxe + lillies said...

SO glam and classy! You are a lucky lady Miss Rhiannon! You have gorgeous family and friends, and I know you will have the most special big day!

Holly Lefevre said...

A bridal shower is such a special time in any ladies life. I am so glad you had a wonderful one. I generally am not a game person...BUT the toilet paper bride is my favorite - the only one I allowed at my own shower. I cannot believe your wedding is basically HERE!

Love the hair!

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

What a very special bridal shower. Now let's countdown to your wedding. I'm so excited for you sweetie. =)

Liesl said...

Oh my goodness, what a beautiful bridal shower!!! I love all the pictures and that green dress looks lovely on you!

Congrats and enjoy every moment to come!

Liesl :)

P.S. I've been away most of the summer, but your blog header is wonderful!

Abby said...

This seems so beautiful. A lot of love in it =) And I love your hair!

Poppies and Sunshine said...

How absolutely wonderful you have such special people in your life that care about you. It looks like a great time!

Ash said...

I love those DIY bags!! They are totally amazing!!!!

becca said...

Wow! The bridal shower was so beautiful! And was it just me, or did every single lady look like a model? This is wonderful, girlie.. I cannot wait for your wedding to happen, so we can all just die over the gorgeousness of it all :)

Bridget said...

the bags are so cute! it's all so cute!

Truly Smitten said...

such a sweet and fabulous shower!! You look stunning!

Lou said...

I know I am late commenting - been away but OMG love these pictures. You just look so happy and THAT HAIR! Love it. It's so elegant, quite 60's, made me think of Jackie O. That has GOT to be a good thing. Reading this made me realise just how special the big day is going to be - as bridal showers are the precursor yes? We don't have them here in the same way - more like hen parties...much less stylish I am afraid! Take care Rhi - will email separately too, Lou xx